American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    VCU kept winning? In the NCAA Tournament? That's news to me. They haven't made the second weekend since the Final Four season...and they were a bad call in Wichita away from not making the NCAA in 2011.

It's as simple as this. When WSU gets a fair seed/draw, they generally do well in the NCAA Tournament. In the last six years, that has happened ONCE.
    I'm not going to argue every point because I'll then be doing what I complained about in using this thread to whine about other teams instead of discussing WSU to bigger/better conferences. Actually, I agree with many of your points anyway. I happen to think college basketball would be improved by the blue bloods scheduling some H-H's with good mid-majors, but there is little incentive to do so at this point, especially in Wichita. If Wichita was a recruiting hotbed I actually think this would have happened, but right now there is little incentive to give up a home game in order to schedule a tough away game against a lesser known team (obviously this is rapidly changing) in a small market in a poor recruiting state.

I hope Marshall agrees to an away game at a UK/DUKE/UNC/Syracuse. I would rather he do that than always complain that teams won't give him a home game. Beat them at their place even if they won't give the shockers a return game. fill the rest of the non-conference with games against those other great mid-major teams. Ultimately though, they have to get into a better conference, and finally that is looking inevitable. I can't wait until the shockers are in a league with 4-5 bids and regularly playing games against a ranked UCONN, UC, Memphis or SMU team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
      Poorly disguised KU fan, you are. How many years do the Shocks have to be seeded incorrectly before it takes care of itself?
      Call me whatever you want, I'm just tired of us playing the victim card. I'm the same way in other aspects of my life, I'd rather prove the haters wrong instead of complaining about the disrespect. Honestly I'd just rather act like we belong instead of complaining we aren't getting the credit. To answer your question though, I think next year is when the under-seeding changes. The committee got way too much heat this year so if the shockers can get a few high quality wins in the non-conference and crush the MVC circuit again (although hopefully we get into the AAC this year), they'll get a seed worthy of their record next year. You might be right though. Maybe they do get screwed again, but even if that is the case they'll be good enough to go out and prove it. I hope they get another bracket stacked with blue bloods to make the ride even sweeter.

Comment

• Ah the off season. Isn't it lovely. We all have time to plant our gardens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICT2CLT View Post
          As a shocker alum who grew up in a family of Jayhawk fans, I don't understand all the hate on this board. Isn't this thread about realignment and now the AAC? I would love to see WSU land that 12th slot in the AAC because it would elevate the program's visibility and give me a chance to see them out here on the east coast, as well as see them in more nationally televised games. Somehow though, this thread and every other thread on here eventually comes back to bashing KU. I personally would love to see all three Kansas schools represent my old state well in the tournament.

I understand a certain part of this trashing other teams, NCAA, unfriendly media, etc. is core to all fan bases.. I hear the same from UNC & Duke out here, but god can't we have just one topic on here where we discuss the great potential of this program without whining about what others have? Constant digs from the fans and the coaches make the shockers look like sore winners/losers (depending on how early they exit the tournament). Shockers are getting a terrible reputation even way out here. Other mid-majors like Gonzaga, Butler and VCU just kept winning and let that speak for itself.

Seeding will fix itself after a few years if the shockers just keep winning and keep scheduling like they did this year. It's not the shockers' fault that OU and OSU sucked this year. Yes WSU was underseeded this year and should have been the 7 seed or possibly the 6 seed, but that doesn't change the calculus much. We would have had the same result this year. If they can get into a better conference and keep improving the non-conference schedule, they'll have a chance for a lot of top 50 wins, and they'll also be playing in Tulsa/KC/Omaha/St Louis like other 1 & 2 seeds.
          I'm not sure where you say that WSU is getting a bad rep or why that is part of the conversation. Wichita State is a national afterthought and the only people who might think ill of the program would be uninvited visitors to this board, if your argument is to be believed. The fact of the matter is Gonzaga has gotten the West Coast love since they first started winning, WSU, who has 11 (is it now 11 wins?) in the last six NCAA appearances continues to get the shaft. WSU continues to win and play bluebloods to nail-biting finishes. The Shockers deserve better. Maybe getting out of the MVC and into the AAC will help.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
            Ah the off season. Isn't it lovely. We all have time to plant our gardens.
            Plenty of manure around, that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              It may be gardening season in Omaha and Wichita, but if you live in Houston, you missed the boat. Your tomatoes should have been out about a month ago. :).

That doesn't count the broccoli, lettuce and the other stuff, which probably should have been planted in early February.

It's all good, though, any/all of you can ping me in June or July or perhaps even early September (and after you're had a good cold front) and extract your revenge.......

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                Ah the off season. Isn't it lovely. We all have time to plant our gardens.
                Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "Horse manure's not that bad. I don't even mind the word manure. It's newer, which is good, and a ma in front of it. Ma-Newer. When you consider the other choices, manure is actually pretty refreshing."

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Back to the task at hand. Somebody find out when the announcement will be dammit!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                      It may be gardening season in Omaha and Wichita, but if you live in Houston, you missed the boat. Your tomatoes should have been out about a month ago. :).

That doesn't count the broccoli, lettuce and the other stuff, which probably should have been planted in early February.

It's all good, though, any/all of you can ping me in June or July or perhaps even early September (and after you're had a good cold front) and extract your revenge.......
                      You really are crazy, aren't you? You have the most ridiculous tangents on this forum, and it's not even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        Back to the task at hand. Somebody find out when the announcement will be dammit!
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• If you ever want comedy gold just search youtube for Earl Weaver Tomatoes. Managers corner, Earl answers when to plant tomatoes.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            You really are crazy, aren't you? You have the most ridiculous tangents on this forum, and it's not even close.
                            Thank you very much. I appreciate those whose taste is less refined than mine (like you), as your contrarian opinions tell me I'm right on target.

Have a nice day :)

Comment

• Originally posted by ICT2CLT View Post
                              I'm just tired of us playing the victim card. I'm the same way in other aspects of my life, I'd rather prove the haters wrong instead of complaining about the disrespect.
                              What the hell do you think we've been doing while beating Pittsburgh, Gonzaga, Ohio State, Indiana, Kansas, Vanderbilt and Arizona?? I'd say we have done quite a bit already to prove the haters wrong and we will continue to do so. However, I don't have a problem calling a spade a spade as we continue to prove people wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
                                What the hell do you think we've been doing while beating Pittsburgh, Gonzaga, Ohio State, Indiana, Kansas, Vanderbilt and Arizona?? I'd say we have done quite a bit already to prove the haters wrong and we will continue to do so. However, I don't have a problem calling a spade a spade as we continue to prove people wrong.
                                With a few bounces, who knows how many more games WSU and HCGM would have won. Two games versus Kentucky for sure were very even matchups and then the game versus Louisville. This program is good. Very good. They need to start getting the benefit of the doubt. All they do is win in the tournament. Has a Marshall team ever been one-and-done in the big tournament?

Comment

Working...
                                X