No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I expect an announcement by the end of the week. :) Just because I want it.

Comment

• The announcement and time table for any change will happen simultaneously to help the TV contract with the AAC. That may not happen until next year.

Comment

• But I want it to happen simultaneously with my every whim though. Where does that factor in?

Comment

• I think it would be beneficial to add us and strengthen the league before they negotiate. But of course I'm also a bit biased and want in starting.......now!
          I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
          If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by LandStander View Post
            I think it would be beneficial to add us and strengthen the league before they negotiate. But of course I'm also a bit biased and want in starting.......now!
            I've heard that philosophy also. Adding a strong team before makes it better negotiating IF you can get the existing AD's/Presidents to buy into the risk of that.

Comment

• When does the next TV contract go into negotiations? I don't know how all that works or the timing, but if I was in AAC management I'd be pressing to get us in now because next year's team is going to be hyped nationally and heavily watched. Plus it'd give an entire year of increased AAC viewership and excitement, at least I'd think, which could drive higher than normal numbers in advance of a TV negotiation. Right?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                When does the next TV contract go into negotiations? I don't know how all that works or the timing, but if I was in AAC management I'd be pressing to get us in now because next year's team is going to be hyped nationally and heavily watched. Plus it'd give an entire year of increased AAC viewership and excitement, at least I'd think, which could drive higher than normal numbers in advance of a TV negotiation. Right?
                Makes sense to me. We are a legit top 10 possibility going into NEXT year. Why wait a year. Would be a huge year of publicity for the AAC right off the bat. Make this thing happen. We may very well have the best team in college basketball next year.

Comment

• It is interesting in a Tulsa paper on this that the AAC commish said he couldn't comment on adding WSU. Not that he didnt want to. But couldnt. Negotiating going on?
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I just thought about how funny it will be if we win a national title for the AAC instead of for the MVC...

AAC leaders need to be thinking about that, too.

Comment

• Fun Fact:
                      Non-P5 teams have won 2 out of the last 3 National Championships.

I'd be OK with Gonzaga making it 3 of 4 and WSU making it 4 of 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        It is interesting in a Tulsa paper on this that the AAC commish said he couldn't comment on adding WSU. Not that he didnt want to. But couldnt. Negotiating going on?
                        Hmmm, another puff of smoke!

Comment

• I better start trying to find that "blow the roof off" gif I was saving a few years back.

Comment

It is interesting in a Tulsa paper on this that the AAC commish said he couldn't comment on adding WSU. Not that he didnt want to. But couldnt. Negotiating going on?
                            Well that's interesting. Link?
                            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                                I better start trying to find that "blow the roof off" gif I was saving a few years back.
                                This one?

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X