American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    I'm hoping this week will be the week. WSU can put out a release tomorrow promising a "historic announcement" and then drop the bomb on Wednesday to get a few full days of press leading into the Final Four.
    I can't help but shake the feeling you're right. Just a hunch.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      You can't kick a team out from a conference. You can, however, start a new conference with a similar name and get schools together that you want. Kind of like what the Big East did.

Saw some people tweeting at Paul saying they weren't sure about joining the AAC.

I'm surprised those geezers know how to operate a twitter account. Is there anyone under the age of 75 that doesn't want this deal to go through?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fake Gregg Marshall View Post
        I'm surprised those geezers know how to operate a twitter account. Is there anyone under the age of 75 that doesn't want this deal to go through?
        Probably. Unfortunately, if you want something better, you have to sacrifice for it. Crazy concept.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
          I'm hoping this week will be the week. WSU can put out a release tomorrow promising a "historic announcement" and then drop the bomb on Wednesday to get a few full days of press leading into the Final Four.
          I don't like historic announcements. Last time there was a historic announcement, it was that the MVC tournament would continue to be held in St Louis as usual...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            I don't like historic announcements. Last time there was a historic announcement, it was that the MVC tournament would continue to be held in St Louis as usual...
            All the points.

Comment

That was the Valley. We don't have such a low bar of expectations.

Comment

HISTORIC ANNOUNCEMENT: Wichita State will continue playing its home basketball games in Charles Koch Arena. Carry on.

Comment

• MVC's next historic announcement: Even though no fans from Wichita State are expected to attend, the Missouri Valley Conference Tournament will continue to be held in St. Louis.

Alternate MVC's next historic announcement: Due to the fact that no Wichita State fans will be attending, the Missouri Valley has had to move its conference championship tournament out of Scott Trade Center to a more economical location. Kemper Arena in Kansas City has been chosen as the new venue.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• It has been written...

No matter the outcome...Kansas WILL BE a 1 or at least a 2 seed for eternity while the largest city in the state will be regulated (if deemed worthy) a 10 (or greater number) seed in the NCAA Tournament. Thou shall it be written. Thou shall it will always be.

Signed,
                    Entilted Children of the Plains, wanna-be's, and Snowflakes.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I heard the NCAA was going to announce: "It has become obvious we have not given our seeding the appropriate amount of scrutiny. Based on this years selection and seeding, we will implement new, updated procedures to ensure "fairness" in our tournament. It has become obvious that some of the protected seeds have been woefully exposed and their undue advantages have been insufficient to ensure their success. Therefore, we will, beginning in 2018, institute the following policy, heretofore known as "KU1". Any number 1 seed will play first and second round games no further than 30 miles from their campus. In addition, all regional semifinals and finals will be held on campus. This protection will move to the progressively higher seed should the unthinkable occur due to uncontrollable errors and the #1 seeds not advance. However, these policies will only apply to any university who participates in NCAA FBS football"
                      Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        MVC's next historic announcement: Even though no fans from Wichita State are expected to attend, the Missouri Valley Conference Tournament will continue to be held in St. Louis.

Alternate MVC's next historic announcement: Due to the fact that no Wichita State fans will be attending, the Missouri Valley has had to move its conference championship tournament out of Scott Trade Center to a more economical location. Kemper Arena in Kansas City has been chosen as the new venue.
                        You forgot the announcements that the MVC Tournament will move from the Scott Trade Center to the St Charles Family Arena. After further declining attendance the MVC Tournament will be hosted at the Parkway West High School. Both of those will happen before it moves from STL to KC.

Comment

• As a shocker alum who grew up in a family of Jayhawk fans, I don't understand all the hate on this board. Isn't this thread about realignment and now the AAC? I would love to see WSU land that 12th slot in the AAC because it would elevate the program's visibility and give me a chance to see them out here on the east coast, as well as see them in more nationally televised games. Somehow though, this thread and every other thread on here eventually comes back to bashing KU. I personally would love to see all three Kansas schools represent my old state well in the tournament.

I understand a certain part of this trashing other teams, NCAA, unfriendly media, etc. is core to all fan bases.. I hear the same from UNC & Duke out here, but god can't we have just one topic on here where we discuss the great potential of this program without whining about what others have? Constant digs from the fans and the coaches make the shockers look like sore winners/losers (depending on how early they exit the tournament). Shockers are getting a terrible reputation even way out here. Other mid-majors like Gonzaga, Butler and VCU just kept winning and let that speak for itself.

Seeding will fix itself after a few years if the shockers just keep winning and keep scheduling like they did this year. It's not the shockers' fault that OU and OSU sucked this year. Yes WSU was underseeded this year and should have been the 7 seed or possibly the 6 seed, but that doesn't change the calculus much. We would have had the same result this year. If they can get into a better conference and keep improving the non-conference schedule, they'll have a chance for a lot of top 50 wins, and they'll also be playing in Tulsa/KC/Omaha/St Louis like other 1 & 2 seeds.
                          Last edited by ICT2CLT; March 27, 2017, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICT2CLT View Post
                            As a shocker alum who grew up in a family of Jayhawk fans, I don't understand all the hate on this board. Isn't this thread about realignment and now the AAC? I would love to see WSU land that 12th slot in the AAC because it would elevate the program's visibility and give me a chance to see them out here on the east coast, as well as see them in more nationally televised games. Somehow though, this thread and every other thread on here eventually comes back to bashing KU. I personally would love to see all three Kansas schools represent my old state well in the tournament.

I understand a certain part of this trashing other teams, NCAA, unfriendly media, etc. is core to all fan bases.. I hear the same from UNC & Duke out here, but god can't we have just one topic on here where we discuss the great potential of this program without whining about what others have? Constant digs from the fans and the coaches make the shockers look like sore winners/losers (depending on how early they exit the tournament). Shockers are getting a terrible reputation even way out here. Other mid-majors like Gonzaga, Butler and VCU just kept winning and let that speak for itself.

Seeding will fix itself after a few years if the shockers just keep winning and keep scheduling like they did this year. It's not the shockers' fault that OU and OSU sucked this year. Yes WSU was underseeded this year and should have been the 7 seed or possibly the 6 seed, but that doesn't change the calculus much. We would have had the same result this year. If they can get into a better conference and keep improving the non-conference schedule, they'll have a chance for a lot of top 50 wins, and they'll also be playing in Tulsa/KC/Omaha/St Louis like other 1 & 2 seeds.
                            VCU kept winning? In the NCAA Tournament? That's news to me. They haven't made the second weekend since the Final Four season...and they were a bad call in Wichita away from not making the NCAA in 2011.

It's as simple as this. When WSU gets a fair seed/draw, they generally do well in the NCAA Tournament. In the last six years, that has happened ONCE.

In the undefeated season (I'm pretty sure), Gregg made an EXCELLENT point on a radio show that I wish I could find. In history, there have been many groups of people who were denied opportunities, whether it was racial, gender, whatever. They were essentially told, "Stay in your place. Accept what you have. Keep quiet." You know what? We Shockers won't stay in our place. We won't accept our lot in life. We sure as hell won't stay quiet about it either.

The beautiful thing is that people are starting to notice. There was a CBS guy who called out the power coaches for not scheduling WSU...even calling for Calipari to schedule the Shockers. I'm not holding my breath that it will happen, but that was a neutral outsider who is recognizing the unfair BS that Wichita State fights against. It's getting better.
                            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                              It has been written...

No matter the outcome...Kansas WILL BE a 1 or at least a 2 seed for eternity while the largest city in the state will be regulated (if deemed worthy) a 10 (or greater number) seed in the NCAA Tournament. Thou shall it be written. Thou shall it will always be.

Signed,
                              Entilted Children of the Plains, wanna-be's, and Snowflakes.
                              Originally posted by The 'hut View Post
                              I heard the NCAA was going to announce: "It has become obvious we have not given our seeding the appropriate amount of scrutiny. Based on this years selection and seeding, we will implement new, updated procedures to ensure "fairness" in our tournament. It has become obvious that some of the protected seeds have been woefully exposed and their undue advantages have been insufficient to ensure their success. Therefore, we will, beginning in 2018, institute the following policy, heretofore known as "KU1". Any number 1 seed will play first and second round games no further than 30 miles from their campus. In addition, all regional semifinals and finals will be held on campus. This protection will move to the progressively higher seed should the unthinkable occur due to uncontrollable errors and the #1 seeds not advance. However, these policies will only apply to any university who participates in NCAA FBS football"
                              Did you guys just accidentally post this in the realignment thread?

Talk about a random tangent. Zero context.

Comment

• [QUOTE=ICT2CLT;721893]As a shocker alum who grew up in a family of Jayhawk fans, I don't understand all the hate on this board. Isn't this thread about realignment and now the AAC? I would love to see WSU land that 12th slot in the AAC because it would elevate the program's visibility and give me a chance to see them out here on the east coast, as well as see them in more nationally televised games. Somehow though, this thread and every other thread on here eventually comes back to bashing KU. I personally would love to see all three Kansas schools represent my old state well in the tournament.

Seeding will fix itself after a few years if the shockers just keep winning and keep scheduling like they did this year. It's not the shockers' fault that OU and OSU sucked this year. Yes WSU was underseeded this year and should have been the 7 seed or possibly the 6 seed, but that doesn't change the calculus much. We would have had the same result this year. If they can get into a better conference and keep improving the non-conference schedule, they'll have a chance for a lot of top 50 wins, and they'll also be playing in Tulsa/KC/Omaha/St Louis like other 1 & 2 seeds.[/QU

Poorly disguised KU fan, you are. How many years do the Shocks have to be seeded incorrectly before it takes care of itself?
                                One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Working...
                                X