No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We would have less home games anyway, because we would have to take buy games with the big boys to buoy our OOC schedule in order to get wins against good teams. The Gonzaga formula.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• @WuDrWu:, what is your take on all of this? Have you heard anything?

Lesser MVC = bad for WSU
      Last edited by rrshock; March 1, 2013, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        I know @RoyalShock posted this in another thread, but I felt it needs to be included in this long running thread on realignment.

I like your thinking, Royal. This makes much more sense than WSU going to the A-10. Royal, where does this leave St. Louis? Also, would going after Murray St and Belmont be a plus? 19 conference games would only be 1 more than we play now.
        St. Louis and Dayton are rumored to be joining the C7 after another year, so I left them out. Belmont and Murray would be viable options to balance out the eastern portion of the geography.

I posted this on the VCU board and the idea was not received warmly. They feel what's left of the A10 is better, with a better TV deal. The A10 buyout is also a problem. They do, however believe it makes sense for WSU to join them, even though geographically we might as well be in Siberia.

Comment

• Does anyone know (if you are allowed to speak) anything as to what our new prez and our AD have done up to this point concerning realignment?

Have they any sort of plan?
          Have they contacted other conferences?
          Have they contacted other BB schools to see if they are/were interested in getting together to form a new revised conference?
          Have they had meetings with the MVC?
          Or have they just sat on their asses waiting to see what falls out?

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
            Does anyone know (if you are allowed to speak) anything as to what our new prez and our AD have done up to this point concerning realignment?

Have they any sort of plan?
            I'm sure they do
            Have they contacted other conferences?
            There's been talk that we have had contact with the MWC
            Have they contacted other BB schools to see if they are/were interested in getting together to form a new revised conference?
            That's not going to happen. Logistics are nearly impossible. It works for the C7 because they get an auto bid because of the 7 rule.
            Have they had meetings with the MVC?
            Who knows. I'm sure the MVC will be meeting soon if they haven't. Bradley is the other school here that has to feel much like us.
            Or have they just sat on their asses waiting to see what falls out?
            I doubt Bardo is that type of person. He has a plan. Elgin and company probably have their thumbs firmly planted in their rectum.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Anyone who talks doesn't know.

Anyone who knows won't talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                Anyone who talks doesn't know.

Anyone who knows won't talk.
                Anyone who moves, is a VC. Anyone who stands still, is a well disaplined VC.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by RomeoCrennel's Belly View Post
                  That has to be the dumbest post I've seen on this board yet.

What world is everyone living in?
                  This person is a Creighton fan.

Take that for what it's worth.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by NattyMat View Post
                    VCU fan here...and this is exactly the type of thing I've been trying to piece together since yesterday when I heard the top half of our conference was gone.

It sounds extreme, but you almost model this after something like the NFL (or maybe MLB is a better example?). 32-team conference, four divisions of 8. Basically have your groups of 8 compete against each other in the non-revenue sports then go on to some playoff against the other divisions to crown the conference champ in those sports...but then for revenue generating sports (football and men's bball), you could maybe have some type of "interleague" type of play...or maybe not. Maybe you just have four teams from each division compete in that conference tournament (for hoops I mean)...which could potentially include a group of teams like UConn, Cincinnati, Temple, Memphis, VCU, Wichita State, Gonzaga, St. Mary's, St. Joseph's, UNLV, San Diego State etc etc. That could be a pretty hot tournament that would truly garner interest from coast to coast.
                    Originally posted by RomeoCrennel's Belly View Post
                    That has to be the dumbest post I've seen on this board yet.

What world is everyone living in?
                    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    This person is a Creighton fan.

Take that for what it's worth.
                    So what's your opinion of the referred to first post above?

Comment

• Fox Sports Network is expected to announce the addition of the Catholic 7/Big East basketball league Tuesday in New York as part of the network's news conference announcing the addition of Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 channels.

Fox Sports Network's deal with the Catholic 7 is expected to be worth at least $3 million annually per school, sources said

Comment

• Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
                        Fox Sports Network is expected to announce the addition of the Catholic 7/Big East basketball league Tuesday in New York as part of the network's news conference announcing the addition of Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 channels.

Fox Sports Network's deal with the Catholic 7 is expected to be worth at least $3 million annually per school, sources said
                        I guess that's what 164 NCAA apperances, 19 Final Fours and 3 National Chapionships gets you.
                        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• OK, so I admit to be a homer. But, explain to me why they wouldn't want to take both CU and WSU, two rival schools, at the very top of their conference, who have major BB programs, and have excellent fan support?

Money and cohesion should dictate.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                            OK, so I admit to be a homer. But, explain to me why they wouldn't want to take both CU and WSU, two rival schools, at the very top of their conference, who have major BB programs, and have excellent fan support?

Money and cohesion should dictate.
                            Because they really aren't that enamored with Creighton, either, and I doubt Creighton gets the invite. If Creighton does go, it won't be for two years, not next, my guess is that Notre Dame camps out in the new league for a year before moving to the ACC. If Creighton gets the invite, that is as far west as they are going. I don't think they would go 300 more miles south, bypassing other options.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                              Because they really aren't that enamored with Creighton, either, and I doubt Creighton gets the invite. If Creighton does go, it won't be for two years, not next, my guess is that Notre Dame camps out in the new league for a year before moving to the ACC. If Creighton gets the invite, that is as far west as they are going. I don't think they would go 300 more miles south, bypassing other options.
                              I also don't think they're interested in public schools--hence the snub to VCU.
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                                I also don't think they're interested in public schools--hence the snub to VCU.
                                They aren't. They would Also prefer all Catholic. Butler makes the cut because they are private and provide huge potential. Then again, who knows?
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X