No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think, realistically, the best get the AAC could add after the big 12 gets picked over by the AAC, SEC and Big 10 would be Iowa St, Texas Tech, maybe KSU or TCU, but the rest are going to the new P4
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Aresco sure seems to put his foot in ground on the no "non-football" schools, but was also quick to add Navy as a "football-only" school.

It wasn't the imbalance that killed the old Big East, it was greed. It was a basketball conference with some schools trying to pretend to be the SEC. That conference once had 11 teams in the Tourney; 11! They played their tourney in MSG! The football programs, despite's having maybe one of them having a good year every five years or so, thought they deserved more. Thus, a once great conference had to die.

This is the perfect opportunity to fix your stupid imbalance of 11 schooos vs 12 schools (again, only to get mod money from a football tittle game). The conference AD can say whatever he wants, like Elgin saying "WSU benifits more for the MVC, than the MVC benifits from WSU", but if the other schools in the AAC vote WSU in, he (and Elgin) will have to take it where the sun don't shine.
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
        Unfortunately, FCS is probably the only way WSU has "successful" football...if you can call it that. I'd still go to the games :)
        I wouldn't.

Comment

• Adding Wichita State would in no way be following the old Big East model. That was a basketball league that added football schools. Adding one or three basketball schools to this league is something completely different. Hope Aresco and the rest of the league can see that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
            Aresco sure seems to put his foot in ground on the no "non-football" schools, but was also quick to add Navy as a "football-only" school.

It wasn't the imbalance that killed the old Big East, it was greed. It was a basketball conference with some schools trying to pretend to be the SEC. That conference once had 11 teams in the Tourney; 11! They played their tourney in MSG! The football programs, despite's having maybe one of them having a good year every five years or so, thought they deserved more. Thus, a once great conference had to die.

This is the perfect opportunity to fix your stupid imbalance of 11 schooos vs 12 schools (again, only to get mod money from a football tittle game). The conference AD can say whatever he wants, like Elgin saying "WSU benifits more for the MVC, than the MVC benifits from WSU", but if the other schools in the AAC vote WSU in, he (and Elgin) will have to take it where the sun don't shine.
            I have no clue as to the AAC bylaws, but I would expect Aresco could block any attempt to add a school to the conference. He is the commissioner, after all. Now, that's not to say that whatever body he reports to (the school presidents, perhaps? Athletic directors?) wouldn't terminate him as a result.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
              This board needs a pep talk.

I still don't buy the AAC commissioner's statement as completely ruling this all from happening. Football is the main driving force in things, but I can't see how bringing us into their conference will hinder their aspirations with what they're trying to do with football. I'm making like Steve Perry, and won't stop believing. We will have the glorious AAC patch on jerseys and on Devlin Court. Give the peopel what they want.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                Too many people believe everything they read. Tweets may not be reliable either. Don't jump to conclusions.
                It wasn't a tweet, it was an interview (though there was tweets to promote the interview). Sullentrop has now written a story on the interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  It wasn't a tweet, it was an interview (though there was tweets to promote the interview). Sullentrop has now written a story on the interview.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...137262268.html
                  Which is why, as I pointed out in an earlier post, the 2nd article which said VCU and Dayton were not being considered gives me continued hope.

Comment

The fuller context of the interview is much rosier than the twitter summary for WSU. Adding 1 basketball school to even out the numbers with football just makes sense, even if you don't want to add any other non-football schools.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• We still haven't heard the good doctor's take on all of this though.

Comment

The rest of that article leads me to believe it's happening. That one quote out of context meant the opposite

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                          We still haven't heard the good doctor's take on all of this though.
                          He seems to have been very quiet on the matter.

Comment

• I'm probably reading way too much into it but I found it interesting that the article on the new Koch murals mentioned that no MVC battles will be depicted.
                            Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
                              I'm probably reading way too much into it but I found it interesting that the article on the new Koch murals mentioned that no MVC battles will be depicted.
                              I noticed that as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
                                I'm probably reading way too much into it but I found it interesting that the article on the new Koch murals mentioned that no MVC battles will be depicted.
                                I wouldn't read too much into that. Even if we weren't looking to leave the MVC which games are more impressive on the wall, KU, Kentucky, and Arizona or Evansville, Drake, and MSU?
                                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Working...
                                X