American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
    Yup... I to think there is a taker out there, with or without football. If Bardo likes and takes the option we are presented with is a different story. Whether or not it's eventually the MWC (which I personally think would be awesome; I'm a grad student at SDSU) that comes calling, I don't think this tidbit would have hit the media outlets without someone wanting it to get out. Bargaining chip. Somebody doesn't know if we're serious or not, I think this shows we are.
    Big East please...future proof yourselves now

Comment

• If there is a league that thought adding WSU would be a positive and revenue contributing school in the immediate future, why isn't WSU in that league now?

In the 'Grab Money Now' world that is college athletics...
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
        If there is a league that thought adding WSU would be a positive and revenue contributing school in the immediate future, why isn't WSU in that league now?

In the 'Grab Money Now' world that is college athletics...
        Because in the "grab money now" world, there still has to be a good fit. Money does matter, and that's why WSU and the other conferences are being cautious. The MVC as much as we love to hate it is not a terrible conference, anything up from here takes a lot more consideration from both WSU and the receiving conference than just saying, "yeah, sure"

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
          Big East please...future proof yourselves now
          The Big East is probably kinda of a "nada" unless someone over there gets some happy feet and jumps at Wichita St. for another known "brand". If someone does...great we'll probably take it! The risk for them (Big East) is a paradignm shift...but they did take Creighton. The Big East has the prestige and they did after all take a university from Omaha (?????)

The pecking order is and has been set up. Short list. Stay tuned...
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Damn. Now Doug Elgin will have the spend the rest of the week looking for his testicles. SHRINKAGE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
              Damn. Now Doug Elgin will have the spend the rest of the week looking for his testicles. SHRINKAGE!
              Elgin and the MVC doesn't care - they would rather wsu left because it solves some competitive problems for them. If anything they are laughing at WSu and then figuring out what next screw job to do to WSU.

Comment

• "Report: Wichita State interested in membership in the Mountain West" - SB*Nation

Writers Benjamin Miraski and Nicolas A. Lewis give their take on the odds of WSU joining the MWC.

Comment

• NM
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Bardo is sly little fellow. I'm sure he leaked that just for the fun of it. Why he didn't release it to gotlube I'll never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                      "Report: Wichita State interested in membership in the Mountain West" - SB*Nation

Writers Benjamin Miraski and Nicolas A. Lewis give their take on the odds of WSU joining the MWC.
                      well, that simply cannot be true........................................

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                        There's a taker out there. Seeds are planted and Wichita St. is on the short-list. Bardo ain't nobody's fool.
                        Dr. Bardo is no fool. However, not sure he is driving the bus on this issue. He is an important passenger but not really in control of the route the bus is taking.

Comment

• I personally fail to see the negotiating power gained by publicizing the fact that we want to be a part of another conference and they want nothing to do with it.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                            I personally fail to see the negotiating power gained by publicizing the fact that we want to be a part of another conference and they want nothing to do with it.
                            They want nothing to do with a basketball-only addition.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• "Instead of a nearly done deal, this feels like Wichita State is playing poker and dropped two nines on the table: the lid is blown, but no one knows exactly the strength of the hand that the Shockers are carrying."

I love that quote. Otherwise, after reading the article, I don't see this as good, simply we won't get an MWC invite without football, and maybe not even with football. I don't see how it is worth it for us to add football if the best we get is the Mountain West. Let SDSU enjoy their NIT appearances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                                I personally fail to see the negotiating power gained by publicizing the fact that we want to be a part of another conference and they want nothing to do with it.
                                No negotiating power on who's end? WSUs? Or some other conference not named the MWC. I can imagine a scenario where WSU has the MWC rated high on their list of conferences to join when C. Koch drops half a billion to get football off the ground, and some other as yet unnamed conference wants WSU to know they are the better option to land in. "Hey look, I know you have eyes for them, but they don't even want you!"

Comment

Working...
                                X