No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well he is certainly correct that WSU is not a fit in the MVC from an academic or research perspective. We may not do amazingly well in popularity contests (academic rankings), but when you look at the combined variances to our MVC siblings when it comes to endowment levels (amongst MVC publics), research funding, Carnegie Classification, and similar measures, we don't have a cohort in the MVC - and it is not even remotely close. The same can be said for our athletics funding.

We're kind of the guy with the upgraded, oversized, and overbuilt house in a development of small, entry-level spec homes. Our neighbors are dragging down our property value, but it is also kind of our fault for building such a home, in such a neighborhood.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      Well he is certainly correct that WSU is not a fit in the MVC from an academic or research perspective. We may not do amazingly well in popularity contests (academic rankings), but when you look at the combined variances to our MVC siblings when it comes to endowment levels (amongst MVC publics), research funding, Carnegie Classification, and similar measures, we don't have a cohort in the MVC - and it is not even remotely close. The same can be said for our athletics funding.

We're kind of the guy with the upgraded, oversized, and overbuilt house in a development of small, entry-level spec homes. Our neighbors are dragging down our property value, but it is also kind of our fault for building such a home, in such a neighborhood.
      I'm just the opposite. I have a small home around McMansions and I'm dragging my neighbor's property values down.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
        I'm just the opposite. I have a small home around McMansions and I'm dragging my neighbor's property values down.
        You're the smart buyer. They're pulling you up.

Comment

• I'm ready for JJ to come on here for his beating the dead horse tirade. Or was that flogging the mule? Seriously though this is an interesting method to once again judge levels of interest especially financial. I did like the fact that some of the other schools mentioned were the same ones I felt we had more in common with than those we are now affillitated with.

Comment

• No. Just No. The campus has WAY to much on its plate right now to even talk about this. Figure out a way to hire enough instructors and professors to cover classes first.

Comment

• I have not been a proponent of bringing football back, but I like the tac Bardo is taking with this evaluation. It's not just about football, but putting WSU in the best position possible, and ultimately, the city of Wichita.

Comment

• New conference would be nice
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                  New conference would be nice
                  Hopefully the sun belt. They're a big time conference right? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                    Hopefully the sun belt. They're a big time conference right? :)
                    I remember hearing that in Springfield once.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                      I remember hearing that in Springfield once.
                      If we could just get out of the FCS powerhouse MVC and into the sun belt for a few years we could finally start winning some games and before long the SEC will be begging us to join.

Comment

• It's interesting that they're being so transparent about this.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I love that article.

Comment

• Good stuff. It's easy to be optimistic about WSU's future, whatever the path may end up being, after reading that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                              It's interesting that they're being so transparent about this.
                              Makes you wonder... What benefit could being open about it have?

I suppose worst case is nothing materializes, but the rest of the Valley realizes how loose their hold on WSU is and improves.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
                                Makes you wonder... What benefit could being open about it have?

I suppose worst case is nothing materializes, but the rest of the Valley realizes how loose their hold on WSU is and improves.
                                Well, the MVC wants to keep WSU, that's for sure. So opening this up publicly gives us leverage, I just don't understand what we could use it for at the moment. It'd be different if WSU was heavily favoring moving the tourney to KC over STL or something, which obviously isn't a possibility, but are there any other developments in the conference we're favoring? Making other basketball teams up the anty for basketball scheduling or funding? I doubt that's the case, but I know little of MVC dealings.

Comment

Working...
                                X