American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Even if UAB reinstates football they may not be able to field a team next season. It may take then year to assemble a coaching staff and recruit enough bodies just to be able to put a team on the field and who knows how long until they are competitive.
    Agreed. Alabama could not care any less about UAB now. They did what they wanted to do to them. Made them insignificant not only in Alabama, but in div 1 football for a long time to come....
    Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
    Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
      Conference USA Won't Change Bylaws for UAB

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...thout-football
      That pretty well eliminates us from any future consideration as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
        That pretty well eliminates us from any future consideration as well.
        We would never have any interest in the C-USA in its current state. We would maybe have some interest in the AAC, which is basically the old C-USA but better.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
          Probably depends if Nick Satan and his cronies will allow them to reinstate it.
          I would imagine Saban couldn't possibly care any less about UAB's existence. He's had five consecutive #1 recruiting classes. UAB isn't even on Saban's radar. If UAB was winning the CUSA or eliminated their football program entirely, it would not change one single recruitment for Saban, increase/decrease his salary one penny, or increase/decrease attendance for his games.

It's long-term Alabama people that have made a habit of trying to destroy UAB, for whatever reason.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
            It's long-term Alabama people that have made a habit of trying to destroy UAB, for whatever reason.
            Sounds familiar.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              Sounds familiar.
              Very. Although at this point I'm sure Coach Self would have a lot of interest in killing WSU's basketball program.
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• I wonder how many Wichita kids are enrolling at ku these days??? Of course ku will take their dollars (or parents dollars)...but I wonder if the administrative people working at ku processing the kids application are wondering..."another Wichita kid?...wth...why are we taking all these Wichita kids???

Since we just smoked 'em in the tourney...you would think that there are some within the ku administration that are sick of hearing anything about Wichita. Including new kids coming to there campus. Lol Wonder if they get treated any differently?
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  I wonder how many Wichita kids are enrolling at ku these days??? Of course ku will take their dollars (or parents dollars)...but I wonder if the administrative people working at ku processing the kids application are wondering..."another Wichita kid?...wth...why are we taking all these Wichita kids???

Since we just smoked 'em in the tourney...you would think that there are some within the ku administration that are sick of hearing anything about Wichita. Including new kids coming to there campus. Lol Wonder if they get treated any differently?
                  KU has 2,214 students from Sedgwick County: 1,379 undergraduate, 522 graduate, and 313 at the KU Medical Center.
                  These students receive significant support through grants, scholarships, and fellowships. Over $5.2 million in federal, state, institutional, and outside/private grants, scholarships, and fellowships have been awarded on all campuses to 964 Sedgwick County students for FY 2015.
                  Of the fall 2014 KU students, 1,711 have transfer credit from other Sedgwick County postsecondary institutions.
                  KU has 10,943 alumni from Sedgwick County.

https://publicaffairs.ku.edu/sites/p...s/Sedgwick.pdf

In fall of 2014, 1733 Sedgwick County residents were enrolled at KSU.

https://www.k-state.edu/pa/student/studentfb/ugdemo.pdf
                  Last edited by Shocker-maniac; May 2, 2015, 05:24 PM.
                  ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                    KU has 2,214 students from Sedgwick County: 1,379 undergraduate, 522 graduate, and 313 at the KU Medical Center.
                    These students receive significant support through grants, scholarships, and fellowships. Over $5.2 million in federal, state, institutional, and outside/private grants, scholarships, and fellowships have been awarded on all campuses to 964 Sedgwick County students for FY 2015.
                    Of the fall 2014 KU students, 1,711 have transfer credit from other Sedgwick County postsecondary institutions.
                    KU has 10,943 alumni from Sedgwick County.

https://publicaffairs.ku.edu/sites/p...s/Sedgwick.pdf

In fall of 2014, 1733 Sedgwick County residents were enrolled at KSU.

https://www.k-state.edu/pa/student/studentfb/ugdemo.pdf
                    Good stuff - thanks for the info.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• KU numbers for Johnson County for comparison:

8,964 students: 6,347 undergraduate + 1,801 graduate + 816 KU Medical Center

66,951 Alumni from Johnson County

Comment

• I was looking for some Wichita State Alumni stats but have not had much luck. I would be interested to know how many WSU alums are from and live in Sedgwick County.

Comment

• Seems to me like there were 30,000 alumni in Sedgwick co.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                            Seems to me like there were 30,000 alumni in Sedgwick co.
                            That sounds about right. I thought I may have heard the number 36,000 in the past but I can't find anything to substantiate that.

Comment

• According to Mark Adams the horizon league has added Northern Kentucky

Comment

• According to this one, the move drops the Atlantic Sun to 7 teams which puts it on the verge of trouble. I wonder if some further realignment will get driven as a result. I can think of some Valley teams that would be a nice fit competitively in the A-Sun. :)

Northern Kentucky University’s board of directors are expected to approve the Norse’s acceptance into the Horizon League on Monday according to several media reports on Saturday. The Cincinnati Enquirer is reporting that the university’s Board of Regents will hold a special meeting at 9:30 a.m. Monday on the Highland Heights campus, which is located seven […]

Comment

Working...
                                X