American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
    We'll probably be in the freaking SEC next season.
    Ha, I hope not. It would fuel the argument from my ex-girlfriend (from Iowa) that Kansas is part of the south. ;)

Comment

• Does anyone believe that perhaps Bardo is the puppet here doing the bidding of some deep pocketed boosters who would like to be on par with the likes of Pickens?

Just curious.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I would like to be on par with Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          Does anyone believe that perhaps Bardo is the puppet here doing the bidding of some deep pocketed boosters who would like to be on par with the likes of Pickens?

Just curious.
          I do not believe Bardo is anyone's puppet. I do believe he had to have had conversations with Pickenesque people before he brought these ideas forward to the public. He is definitely a Thinker, Doer and Mover.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Does anyone believe that perhaps Bardo is the puppet here doing the bidding of some deep pocketed boosters who would like to be on par with the likes of Pickens?

Just curious.
            If that's the case (and I'm not saying it isn't), then A LOT has changed since 1986. A lot.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Just curious.
              Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
              If that's the case (and I'm not saying it isn't), then A LOT has changed since 1986. A lot.
              "A lot" has changed; we have leadership with vision.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                "A lot" has changed; we have leadership with vision.
                Could not agree with you more; Dr Bardo IMHO is an excellent administrator and does not make public statements without ensuring he has laid the necessary "foundation" to provide requisite support for such public statements.

Comment

• I don't know if anything will ever come of this study and what I could offer monetarily wouldn't do much more than put a few season ticket holders in the bleachers. I do think football on campus is something that would be attractive to many prospective students. I personally believe that Dr. Armstrong made a mistake because he thought that many other universities would follow similar paths of eliminating football because of cost. He was wrong. 20/20.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• What female sports would WSU add in order to satisfy Title IX?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      What female sports would WSU add in order to satisfy Title IX?
                      Sand volleyball?

Comment

• GREAT THOUGHT !

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          What female sports would WSU add in order to satisfy Title IX?
                          Soccer. For sure.

Other than that, who knows. Water polo, equestrian, fencing, basket-weaving... Whatever it takes!
                          The Assman

Comment

• What's the point of even satisfying Title IX in this day and age when other schools get to hire prostitutes, make up fake classes and pay players to join their program? Why don't we just say we started a women's team and then when anyone asks what it is, we can hire lawyers and take 4 years figuring out if we did add a women's program or not...

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                              I personally believe that Dr. Armstrong made a mistake because he thought that many other universities would follow similar paths of eliminating football because of cost. He was wrong. 20/20.
                              Dr. Armstrong did a lot more harm to the university than good in decisions he made a cross the board on the university.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                                Sand volleyball?
                                Seems like I heard Lambo or someone earlier in the year saying that might already be under consideration. However, it won't do much for Title IX compliance. The NCAA currently only allows 3 scholarships on an equivalency basis if you sponsor indoor volleyball and 8 if you do not have indoor volleyball.

From what I can tell the season is played in March and April so unless they are playing on an indoor sand court you might not see too many bikini clad players at home matches in Wichita which I assume is what has triggered @pinstripers: enthusiasm.

Former Shocker assistant R.J. Abella is the assistant sand volleyball coach and recruiting coordinator at South Carolina. Shocker senior Katie Reilly, who is graduating this month, is heading to South Carolina to play sand volleyball and work on her masters in exercise science. I looked at the volleyball rosters on the SC site to see if the players participated in both indoor Volleyball in the fall and sand volleyball in the spring. I did not see any participation in both sports at South Carolina. Interestingly, the tallest player on the SC sand volleyball team was 6-0 and their was only 1 of those. So Katie will go from being an undersized middle at WSU to the tallest player on the sand VB team at SC.

Comment

Working...
                                X