Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What we see depends mainly on what we look for." -- John Lubbock
    :GB_bonesrock:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• PERSISTENCE CAN OVERSHADOW EVEN TALENT. Robby Robinson
      :black_eyed:
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• "Do the best you can in every task, no matter how unimportant it may seem at the time. No one learns more about a problem than the person at the bottom." -- Sandra Day O'Connor
        :GB_bonesrock:

Comment

• “So in the huddle,” Marshall said, “I asked all of them, ‘If I told you Oct. 15, Round of 32, No. 1 team in the nation, you’re down [five], would you take it? Would you have taken it?’ And every one of them said, “Yeah, hell, sure we’d have taken that.’
          :peaceful:

Comment

• “I’m there for my teammates and it’s a way to get Wichita State out there, just by having a representative,” Cle
            :poster_wu:

Comment

• Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength.
              — Eric Hoffer
              :victorious:

Comment

• "From the moment I was six I felt sexy. And let me tell you it was hell, sheer hell, waiting to do something about it." - BETTE DAVIS
                :strawberry:

Comment

• "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free. The wretched refuse of your teamming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" Emma Lazarus.
                  :positive:

Comment

• "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then STOP saying that you want a country based on Christian Values Because you don't...!!"-- Jimmy Carter
                    :kiwi-fruit:

Comment

• The turning point was when I hit my 30th birthday. I thought, if really want to write, it's time to start. I picked up the book How to Write a Novel in 90 Days. The author said to just write three pages a day, and I figured, I can do this. I never got past Page 3 of that book.
                      James Rollins
                      :very_drunk:

Comment

• Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
                        Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.
                        But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. A Lincoln.
                        :encouragement:

Comment

• Time is the friend of the wonderful company, the enemy of the mediocre.
                          Warren Buffett
                          :apple:

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                            :apple:
                            Warren Buffett is a lawless crook.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                              Warren Buffett is a lawless crook.
                              http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/5115920.stm We should all be so awful

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                                http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/5115920.stm We should all be so awful
                                You have no idea. Think no further than his purchase of Northern from Enron. No bankruptcy judge in their right mind would have allowed that sale, but Warren greased the right palms... Yes, in that deal alone, Warren robbed shareholders and creditors. He had guys take the fall for him in the Goldman Sachs debacle and multiple insurance fraud cases.

You don't want to play the Warren game with me because I have the goods on him and can back it up.

Go back to quoting Truman and all is good.
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X