No announcement yet.

Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better mad with the rest of the world than wise alone.
    Baltasar Gracian
    8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
      Albert Einstein
      8)
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11

No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
        George Bernard Shaw
        8)
        [E]thical relativism is enormously problematic... resorting to the claim that ethical judgments are merely subjective or relative and that all such judgments have equal validity. For to claim the latter logically leads one to the bizarre judgment that Mother Teresa is no more and no less virtuous than Adolf Hitler. I believe this is sufficient to show ethical relativism to be bankrupt. - Francis J. Beckwith
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

• I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
          Edgar Allan Poe
          8)

Comment

• All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure.
            Mark Twain
            8)

Comment

• The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
              Winston Churchill
              8)

Comment

• If the Republican Party cannot get some grip of the actual world we live in and from it generalize and actively promote a program that means something to the masses of people-why somebody else will. Then there will be nothing to argue. The voters will simply vote Republicans into singularity. The Republican Party will become like one of those dark little shops which apparently never sell anything. If, for any reason, you go in, you find at the back an old man, fingering for his own pleasure some oddments of cloth. Nobody wants to buy them, which is fine because the old man is not really interested in selling. He just likes to hold and to feel. . .
                Whittaker Chambers

Comment

• Good questions outrank easy answers.
                  Paul Samuelson
                  8)

Comment

• Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies.
                    Aristotle
                    8)

Comment

• In December 2010, Harry Reid indicated he wanted to have a debt ceiling fight - I wonder if he's kicking himself now.

Originally posted by Harry Reid
                      “Let the Republicans have some buy-in on the debt. They’re going to have a majority in the House,” said Harry Reid. “I don’t think it should be when we have a heavily Democratic Senate, heavily Democratic House and a Democratic president.”

Comment

• This is the strangest life I've ever known.
                        Jim Morrison
                        8) :band:

Comment

• If you're a man, and you call yourself a follower of Jesus Christ, and you're not spiritually leading your family, you're fooling yourself. -- Brian Mayfield

http://brianmayfield.blogspot.com/[/quote]

Comment

• It's easy being a humorist when you've got the whole government working for you.
                            Will Rogers
                            8)

Comment

• This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer.
                              Will Rogers
                              8)

Comment

• error of opinion may be tolerated, where reason is left free to combat it - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X