X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At 20 years the will reigns; at 30 the wit; at 40 the judgement

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.
      David Frost
      8)
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• "it's going to feel very hard, harder than anything they've experienced in their lifetime now, for a long time to come." -- Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner

Comment

• But if, if you take a look at what would have happened, I mean, do we need to see soup lines down the street to figure out what would have happened? We avoided - and all economists will tell you that millions of jobs were saved because of the Recovery Act, and we avoided a second Great Depression. That, that is a reality.
          Alexi Giannoulias
          8)
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• "It's a coordination, not a crisis meeting." - EU President Represenative

Comment

• Don't forget what I discovered that over ninety percent of all national deficits from 1921 to 1939 were caused by payments for past, present, and future wars.
              Franklin D. Roosevelt
              8)

Comment

• The reason you guys are here is because of 9/11. The US got attacked and 3,000 human beings got killed because of Al-Qaeda," -- Leon Pannetta talking to troops in Iraq

Comment

• "If anyone, including President Assad, thinks that the United States is secretly hoping that the regime will emerge from this turmoil to continue its brutality and repression, they are wrong," Clinton told reporters.

"President Assad is not indispensable and we have absolutely nothing invested in him remaining in power."

Comment

• The new troops in Iraq need to be Iraqi troops.
                    Mitch McConnell
                    8)

Comment

• Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?" Priest: "No, not if you did not know." Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
                      Annie Dillard
                      8)

Comment

• “For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek….for ‘whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.’ How will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent?….So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.” (Romans 10:12-5, 17)

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11
                          Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?" Priest: "No, not if you did not know." Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
                          Annie Dillard
                          8)
                          "For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." Romans 1:20
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                            Originally posted by kcshocker11
                            Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?" Priest: "No, not if you did not know." Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
                            Annie Dillard
                            8)
                            "For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." Romans 1:20
                            No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
                            George Bernard Shaw
                            8)

Comment

• After hearing the dear leader say

Eric, don’t call my bluff -- Mr. Obama
                              Yogi prophesy was

“A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.” - Yogi Berra

Comment

• All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason.
                                Immanuel Kant
                                8)

Comment

Working...
                                X