No announcement yet.

Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherever smart people work, doors are unlocked.
    Steve Wozniak
    8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• A politician will do anything to keep his job - even become a patriot.
      William Randolph
      8)
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing, and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway.
        Harry S. Truman
        8)

Comment

• In the 20th century, the United States endured two world wars and other traumatic and expensive military conflicts; the Depression; a dozen or so recessions and financial panics; oil shocks; a flu epidemic; and the resignation of a disgraced president. Yet the Dow rose from 66 to 11,497.
          Warren Buffett

Comment

• The rich are always going to say that, you know, just give us more money and we'll go out and spend more and then it will all trickle down to the rest of you. But that has not worked the last 10 years, and I hope the American public is catching on.
            Warren Buffett
            8)

Comment

• Donald Trump on whether the rich would be happy about the a potential tax increase.

"But a lot of people wouldn't be," he said. "A lot of people would leave the country."

"I'm talking about big people, job-producing people," Trump continued. "A lot of people will say, 'No thank you, I'm going to Switzerland. I'm going to Germany. I'm going to here, I'm going to there.'" -- Donald Trump
              [/quote]

Comment

• The point is that you can't be too greedy.
                Donald Trump
                8)

Comment

• Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.
                  Abraham Lincoln
                  8)

Comment

• If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is with representation.  
                    -- Limbaugh, Rush
                    :yahoo:

Comment

• All people are born alike - except Republicans and Democrats.
                      Groucho Marx
                      8)

Comment

• There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him. – Robert Heinlein

Comment

• When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives.
                          Robert A. Heinlein
                          8)

Comment

• "An armed society is a polite society."
                            - Robert Heinlein

Comment

• It's very difficult for me to dislike an artist. No matter what he's creating, the fact that he's experiencing the joy of creation makes me feel like we're in a brotherhood of some kind... we're in it together.
                              Chick Corea
                              8)

Comment

• A man begins cutting his wisdom teeth the first time he bites off more than he can chew.
                                Herb Caen
                                8)

Comment

Working...
                                X