No announcement yet.

Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."
    - Brooke Shields
    8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I never apologize.
      I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

- Homer J. Simpson
      8)
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• You always admire what you really don't understand.
        Blaise Pascal

8)

Comment

• Everybody loves you when you're six foot in the ground.
          John Lennon

Comment

• I was eating in a Chinese restaurant downtown. There was a dish called Mother and Child Reunion. It's chicken and eggs. And I said, I gotta use that one.
            Paul Simon
            8)

Comment

• "Golden, Ripe, Boneless Bananas, 39 Cents A Pound."
              - Ad in the "Missoulian" by Orange Street Food Farm
              8)

Comment

• Writing, I'm convinced, should be a subversive activity - frowned on by the authorities - and not one cooed over and praised beyond common sense by some teacher.
                Dan Simmons
                8)

Comment

• I think that basketball players should get the job done no matter how it looks on the screen.
                  Oscar Robertson
                  8) :posterwu:

Comment

• I don’t know why I am posting this but away we go:

"American men, who weep in droves in movie houses, over the woes of lovestruck shop girls, hold that weeping in men is unmanly. I have found most men in whom there was depth of experience, or capacity for compassion, singularly apt to tears. How can it be otherwise? One looks and sees: and it would be a kind of impotence to be incapable of, or to grudge, the comment of tears, even while you struggle against it. I am immune to soap opera. But I cannot listen for any length of time to the speaking voice of Kirsten Flagstad, for example, without being done in by that magnificence of tone that seems to speak from the center of sorrow, even from the center of the earth."

Whittaker Chambers

Comment

• One more:

Because half a dozen grasshoppers under a fern make the field ring with their importunate chink, whilst thousands of great cattle... chew the cud and are silent, pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field...

Edmund Burke

Comment

• When great changes occur in history, when great principles are involved, as a rule the majority are wrong.
                        Eugene V. Debs

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11
                          When great changes occur in history, when great principles are involved, as a rule the majority are wrong.
                          Eugene V. Debs
                          Debs? Reallly? You can do better.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11
                            When great changes occur in history, when great principles are involved, as a rule the majority are wrong.
                            Eugene V. Debs
                            So you won't be voting for Obama again, right?
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

• FARRAKHAN: "I warn my brother do you let these wicked demons move you in a direction that will absolutely ruin your future with your people in Africa and throughout the world...Why don't you organize a group of respected Americans and ask for a meeting with Qaddafi, you can't order him to step down and get out, who the hell do you think you are?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maggie
                                Originally posted by kcshocker11
                                Eugene V. Debs
                                Debs? Reallly? You can do better.
                                I don't really think, I just walk.
                                Paris Hilton

Comment

Working...
                                X