No announcement yet.

Assault on the Capitol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh. All street violence is inexcuseable and indefensible. But there is a difference in the potential severity of outcomes of those setting police cruisers on fire and those savagely beating to death a capitol policeman, carrying zipties to execute mass hostage taking, and wanting to hang the vice president of the united states. Watch the video.

Again, this is not a "well, actually" moment. This was a legitimate attempt at sacking an entire branch of government.

The feds/portland mayor should have come down harder on their rioters - because it enabled what we saw on January 6th. But antagonizing cops in federal district court in Portland is not as severe as attempting to execute the line of succession.
    Last edited by wsushox1; January 10, 2021, 12:55 PM.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      Sigh. All street violence is inexcuseable and indefensible. But there is a difference in the potential severity of outcomes of those setting police cruisers on fire and those savagely beating to death a capitol policeman, carrying zipties to execute mass hostage taking, and wanting to hang the vice president of the united states. Watch the video.

Again, this is not a "well, actually" moment. This was a legitimate attempt at sacking an entire branch of government.
      Are you kidding me with your bullshit?

People set state and federal building ablaze WITH PEOPLE INSIDE multiple times. They took over and burned down a police station. They grew bombs into police vehicles with police inside. They occupied several city blocks and claimed it as they’re own country. This happened this summer.

At the Capitol siege, no police officer was savagely beat to death. One did die, probably due to injuries sustained, but multiple policeman were killed in similar events this summer.

No one was zip tied or executed anyone. I didn’t see where Trump asked to have Pence hanged.

This siege is being condemned universally and all you can say is that it wasn’t worse that the months of violence and terror that my ideology supports.

You are LITERALLY the problem.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Are you kidding me with your bullshit?

People set state and federal building ablaze WITH PEOPLE INSIDE multiple times. They took over and burned down a police station. They grew bombs into police vehicles with police inside. They occupied several city blocks and claimed it as they’re own country. This happened this summer.

At the Capitol siege, no police officer was savagely beat to death. One did die, probably due to injuries sustained, but multiple policeman were killed in similar events this summer.

No one was zip tied or executed anyone. I didn’t see where Trump asked to have Pence hanged.

This siege is being condemned universally and all you can say is that it wasn’t worse that the months of violence and terror that my ideology supports.

You are LITERALLY the problem.
        Respectfully, I condemned them then, and asked for a stronger response at the time. Please watch the below video and specifically the capitol policeman laying down in the center of the fracas.

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Sigh. All street violence is inexcuseable and indefensible. But there is a difference in the potential severity of outcomes of those setting police cruisers on fire and those savagely beating to death a capitol policeman, carrying zipties to execute mass hostage taking, and wanting to hang the vice president of the united states. Watch the video.

The feds/portland mayor should have come down harder on their rioters - because it enabled what we saw on January 6th. But antagonizing cops in federal district court in Portland is not as severe as attempting to execute the line of succession.
          You’re wrong. This small group of right wing anarchists who had violence on their minds only lasted one day . The left wing Resistance began in 2016, immediately after the election led by some FBI leaders with some evidence pointing to the Oval Office where Biden was a meeting participant. Left wing anarchists, Antifa, and BLM continued the riots some nights after the election on the streets, and continued them throughout the summer, more often cheered on, than condemned by Biden and Harris
          Last edited by Shockm; January 10, 2021, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Respectfully, I condemned them then, and asked for a stronger response at the time. Please watch the below video and specifically the capitol policeman laying down in the center of the fracas.

That policeman was not beaten to death. Was he beaten, even savagely? Yes he was, and it’s horrible. That’s not the cop that died, or if it is then as of yesterday the FBI hadn’t seen the footage or are lying about it. They released a statement saying they were looking for footage but hadn’t yet found any.

Attacking cops or ANYONE in an unprovoked attack is inexcusable.

to summarize your condemnation...no prisoners or hostages were taken nor executed. No politician (don’t know about random people in the crowd) called for Pence to be hanged. No policeman was “savagely beaten to death.”

And as for your add on, I wouldn’t call burning a building with police inside, “antagonizing the police.” All of that is lies for the purpose of demonizing the other, all the while you make excuses for your side.

You don’t want honest discussion. You want to shame people that are not affiliated with the events into submission.
            Livin the dream

Comment

That policeman was not beaten to death. Was he beaten, even savagely? Yes he was, and it’s horrible. That’s not the cop that died, or if it is then as of yesterday the FBI hadn’t seen the footage or are lying about it. They released a statement saying they were looking for footage but hadn’t yet found any.

Attacking cops or ANYONE in an unprovoked attack is inexcusable.

to summarize your condemnation...no prisoners or hostages were taken nor executed. No politician (don’t know about random people in the crowd) called for Pence to be hanged. No policeman was “savagely beaten to death.”

And as for your add on, I wouldn’t call burning a building with police inside, “antagonizing the police.” All of that is lies for the purpose of demonizing the other, all the while you make excuses for your side.

You don’t want honest discussion. You want to shame people that are not affiliated with the events into submission.
              Getting your brain smashed in with a fire extinguisher qualifies as beaten to death in my book. Call me crazy.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Getting your brain smashed in with a fire extinguisher qualifies as beaten to death in my book. Call me crazy.
                You are correct. That’s not what happened though. Pay attention. They are lying and censoring those that tell the truth.

A man, a cop no less, died. That’s tragic and must be punished. That doesn’t mean that his brains were beaten out with a fire extinguisher. Look I agree this is wrong and justice must be served, but don’t fall for the false narrative.

This is what is known:

A police officer was beaten by the mob. After the beating he reported to his commanding officer. Later he collapsed and later still he died. He was almost certainly murdered. No one knows how, but it was originally reported that he was hit with a fire extinguisher. That is now being refuted.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• The LEO was smacked in the head with a fire extinguisher by one of the rioter nincompoops. He walked himself back to his office, and things then went downhill for him. It was a closed head injury. Said rioter nincompoop needs to feel the full wrath of justice, and I assume he or she will. But "savagely" beaten "to death" is something different.

We know what "savagely" beaten "to death" looks like because various fascist, communist, and terrorist groups have courteously provided us with videos of such. Strangely enough, as far as I know they all retain their ability to spread their ideology on social media. Weird that.

Comment

• Citi-Bank is suspending donations to Republican candidates that stated they wouldn’t ratify the electoral college vote.

Persons that flew into DC, allegedly for the protest, have been placed on no fly lists and are not allowed to leave (by plane).

One prominent journalist at ABC is calling for a cleansing of the Trump ideology now that he is out of office.

Another is calling for Clarence Thomas to be removed because his wife supported the Trump protest.

There is an authoritarian power grab being planned for spring 2021.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Citi-Bank is suspending donations to Republican candidates that stated they wouldn’t ratify the electoral college vote.

Persons that flew into DC, allegedly for the protest, have been placed on no fly lists and are not allowed to leave (by plane).

One prominent journalist at ABC is calling for a cleansing of the Trump ideology now that he is out of office.

Another is calling for Clarence Thomas to be removed because his wife supported the Trump protest.

There is an authoritarian power grab being planned for spring 2021.
                      Bro, you sound like ShockingButTrue . You are a poster for whom I have a lot of respect, but you definitely need to unhook from Q et al.

Comment

Bro, you sound like ShockingButTrue . You are a poster for whom I have a lot of respect, but you definitely need to unhook from Q et al.
                        I’m not into QAnon. These things are actually happening right now. Maybe you think the powers that be are just trying to bring back normalcy. I don’t. There’s no reason to shut down banking transactions or to stop people from boarding planes. It looks like retribution and there’s no reason to stop the escalation if the goal is power.

I really hope you’re right!
                        Livin the dream

Comment

You are a poster for whom I have a lot of respect, but you definitely need to unhook from Q et al.
                          You have made super valiant attempts to be seen as someone who sees and hears the other side of things. But your being tested, because the MSM isn’t trying to show both sides. They have chosen their side. Just as former journalists like Sheryl Atkinson, formerly a research journalist from ABC and other MSM outlets, who wrote “Slanted” about how she was trying to write good, researched, balanced, stories that sometimes didn’t go the way that Democrat politicians wanted. The people she worked for only wanted stories to go one direction, so they started to shut her out, or Lara Logan who did a lot of media stories on the Arab Spring (she was attacked and raped during one of her assignments in Egypt) while working for one of the three major networks. She also said that the networks wanted one sided stories.

You too, seem to only hear one side now. It’s hard to find the middle ground from media networks and their internet friends

Comment

I’m not into QAnon. These things are actually happening right now. Maybe you think the powers that be are just trying to bring back normalcy. I don’t. There’s no reason to shut down banking transactions or to stop people from boarding planes. It looks like retribution and there’s no reason to stop the escalation if the goal is power.

I really hope you’re right!
                            Let's go step by step.

As far as I can read Citibank is suspending its own donations, not preventing private citizens use of their own funds for donations.

I have read that some flights with concentrations of protesters became unruly and are now unable to fly those airlines, not a blanket ban.

ABC's Rick Klein is their political director and a member of the editorial team. Not out of bounds for him to say something like this.

I can't find the direct quote you are talking about regarding Clarence Thomas and his wife's activism. Again, if this is coming from the opinion side of a news room I'm not surprised.

You are going to have to help me with a link to the spring power grab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You have made super valiant attempts to be seen as someone who sees and hears the other side of things. But your being tested, because the MSM isn’t trying to show both sides. They have chosen their side. Just as former journalists like Sheryl Atkinson, formerly a research journalist from ABC and other MSM outlets, who wrote “Slanted” about how she was trying to write good, researched, balanced, stories that sometimes didn’t go the way that Democrat politicians wanted. The people she worked for only wanted stories to go one direction, so they started to shut her out, or Lara Logan who did a lot of media stories on the Arab Spring (she was attacked and raped during one of her assignments in Egypt) while working for one of the three major networks. She also said that the networks wanted one sided stories.

You too, seem to only hear one side now. It’s hard to find the middle ground from media networks and their internet friends
                              I believe there is a left media bias and a very vocal woke mob out there waiting to pounce on any deviation from their orthodoxy. That being said it isn't as pervasive in the msm as the right makes it out to be. I regularly read Quillette, Breitbart, and Fox, fwiw.
                              Last edited by BOBB; January 10, 2021, 10:50 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Let's go step by step.

As far as I can read Citibank is suspending its own donations, not preventing private citizens use of their own funds for donations.

I have read that some flights with concentrations of protesters became unruly and are now unable to fly those airlines, not a blanket ban.

ABC's Rick Klein is their political director and a member of the editorial team. Not out of bounds for him to say something like this.

I can't find the direct quote you are talking about regarding Clarence Thomas and his wife's activism. Again, if this is coming from the opinion side of a news room I'm not surprised.

You are going to have to help me with a link to the spring power grab.
                                Thanks! I conflated Citibank’s stance, which you accurately described, with Stripe’s refusal to process payments.

Action due to violations of service terms that prohibit businesses that promote or encourage violence from using the service, the Wall Street Journal reports.

Some Trump supporters have not been allowed to fly home for unknown reasons. Meanwhile, House democrats are writing bills to put on no fly lists.

Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, issued a statement Thursday calling for the "violent perpetrators involved in the domestic terrorist attack on the U.S. Capitol" to be added to the federal no-fly list.

I’m also not surprised by the rhetoric of the media, but wanted to point out the “thought” that is being floated.

This is worrying, but yes, I will strive to be more accurate. It is not helpful to conflate or be hyperbolic.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X