No announcement yet.

Assault on the Capitol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's unfortunate. Cruz is a smart guy, he's learned a lot from Trump on how to shepherd the easily shepherded. He needs to step away and find himself again. I don't even know who this guy Hawley is. I've never even heard of him before the attack. He's a nobody and anybody championing a nobody's cause needs to have a serious background check in place.

Comment

• Nevermind. Got it!

“If he’s the only one saying it, that’s one thing,” Biden said of President Trump, who for weeks made disputed claims that the election was “stolen” from him.

“But the acolytes that follow him, like Cruz and others, they are as responsible as he is,” Biden continued, according to The Washington Post.
      Correct.

Biden did not join some other Democrats who have called for Cruz and Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) to be removed from office for encouraging the claims that fueled Wednesday’s events, with the former vice president instead saying, “I think they should be just flat beaten the next time they run.”

Biden then added, “I think the American public has a real good, clear look who they are … they’re part of the big lie.”
      Correct.

“The big lie” refers to an idea espoused by Joseph Goebbels, one of Adolf Hitler’s closest advisers, who argued that if you continuously repeat a major lie to people, they will eventually start to believe it.

Biden has previously compared Trump to the Nazi official, including in a September MSNBC interview in which Biden explained Trump was “sort of like Goebbels. You say the lie long enough, keep repeating it, repeating it, repeating it, it becomes common knowledge.”
      Correct. Trump has taken a page right out of Goebbel's book.

So this is the statement ya'll are up in arms about? Still willing to bleed for Trump eh? Well unfortunately, what Biden said is correct. After the Capitol attack, any outrage over comparisons between Trump and nefarious past dictators is feigned.

Move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        Nevermind. Got it!

Correct.

Correct.

Correct. Trump has taken a page right out of Goebbel's book.

So this is the statement ya'll are up in arms about? Still willing to bleed for Trump eh? Well unfortunately, what Biden said is correct. After the Capitol attack, any outrage over comparisons between Trump and nefarious past dictators is feigned.

Move on.
        Yep. I bought that Biden had actually called them Goebbels. But nope it was just these two clowns trying to find some way to be aggrieved and outraged to deflect their own idiocy. Shame on me for assuming that he had actually done it just because somebody here said it. A big lie is a big lie is a big lie. If they tie it to the Nazis that's their own grim connection.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Yep. I bought that Biden had actually called them Goebbels. But nope it was just these two clowns trying to find some way to be aggrieved and outraged to deflect their own idiocy. Shame on me for assuming that he had actually done it just because somebody here said it. A big lie is a big lie is a big lie. If they tie it to the Nazis that's their own grim connection.
          If they tie Hitler to the Nazis that's their own grim connection.

That works too, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
            Comparing Hawlley to Goebbels/Nazi by Biden is exactly the wrong thing to do. Stupid
            There’s your Uniter in Chief dems. Way to go. Didn’t take him long. Guess he’s not interested in coming together after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

If they tie Hitler to the Nazis that's their own grim connection.

That works too, right?
              Please help me with your logic?

Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Please help me with your logic?
                Biden himself likened Hawley and Cruz to Goebbels. The "they" didn't need to "tie" the two together, Biden did it for them.

“They’re part of the big lie,” Biden said. He soon added, “Goebbels and the great lie.

Comment

Ahhhhh... there we go. I didn't think he said it.

"Everyone here" huh? Back to your echo chamber.

Propaganda is a problem with Trump and his acolytes.
                  I think that what Biden said, is referred to as a “dog whistle” in your fellow lib circles.

Comment

• More like a regular whistle:

“They’re part of the big lie,” Biden said. He soon added, “Goebbels and the great lie. You keep repeating the lie, repeating the lie.”

You see, they’ve beaten Trump and now it’s time to align everyone with Orange Hitler, history’s most impotent fascist, and damn them as Nazis.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      More like a regular whistle:

“They’re part of the big lie,” Biden said. He soon added, “Goebbels and the great lie. You keep repeating the lie, repeating the lie.”

You see, they’ve beaten Trump and now it’s time to align everyone with Orange Hitler, history’s most impotent fascist, and damn them as Nazis.
                      C'mon man. Let go of the pride. Trump is not somebody you want to spend your reputation on to defend. Call a spade a spade and move on. This isn't long division.

P.S. Nobody beat Trump, Trump beat himself.

Comment

C'mon man. Let go of the pride. Trump is not somebody you want to spend your reputation on to defend. Call a spade a spade and move on. This isn't long division.

P.S. Nobody beat Trump, Trump beat himself.
                        I’m not defending Trump here. I’m pointing out the direction of the media and some politicians.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Does anybody remember the violent riots after Trump was elected?

Here is just one example: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Oakland_riots

Or have these been overshadowed by recent violent protests?
                          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Nice article on the violebt protests when Trump was elected:

Comment

• These were "Mostly peaceful" protests. Never heard that before. They explain to us that "there was some violence" buuuut it was mostly peaceful. Well ... isn't that true of what happened at the Capitol Building?

Comment

• I didn't get a good glimpse of the burned effigy of our President Elect Biden at the Trump march:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ngeles-bts.cnn

Comment

Working...
                                X