Assault on the Capitol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I believe there is a left media bias and a very vocal woke mob out there waiting to pounce on any deviation from their orthodoxy. That being said it isn't as pervasive in the msm as the right makes it out to be. I regularly read Quillette, Breitbart, and Fox, fwiw.
    It's refreshing to hear some balance. I used to listen to MSNBC, CNN, NBC, etc. a lot, (I still listen to, and read CBS most days), but it got to where everyone just attacked Trump all the time, and there was zero balance to their news, so I stopped. Even the so called balanced reporters were just so dramatic (the Eagle is now that way too, especially when reporting national news), and would slip words into their sentences that I knew from my reading other sources, were "slanted", and partially but not completely true. I don't know very much about Quillette, and Breitbart is often not balance either, but Fox has several straight News journalists who are very balanced and straight. They do have more conservatives which can be a libertarian leaning conservative, as experts (usually 2-1) than liberals, but Brett Baehr is as straight down the middle as they come, while Chris Wallace leans just left of center, and they have a couple of news journalists who lean just right of Center. Fox News Reporters are also very much down the middle in their reporting.

Comment

• Can someone provide me with said video where Trump "incited" the riot by telling people to storm the capital and wreak havoc? I am honestly asking because I can't find that anywhere. What I have heard is that his speech went on a long time and at the end he mentioned walking to the Capital to let them know how we feel. And, it was apparently at the very end of his speech AFTER the majority of the hooligans had already left to go over to the Capital building. Not excusing anything, just trying to see the facts for myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        Can someone provide me with said video where Trump "incited" the riot by telling people to storm the capital and wreak havoc? I am honestly asking because I can't find that anywhere. What I have heard is that his speech went on a long time and at the end he mentioned walking to the Capital to let them know how we feel. And, it was apparently at the very end of his speech AFTER the majority of the hooligans had already left to go over to the Capital building. Not excusing anything, just trying to see the facts for myself.
        From what I have seen, Trump did not do anything to tone down the anger in the crowd. In fact I would say he heightened the fervor of those in the crowd. That is a far cry from incitement. He did very, very poorly, but there was no direct call to violence or occupation. In fact, Schumer said it was incitement because Hitler didn’t issue any statements either, but it was “understood”. That’s not true, but it does show that Schumer couldn’t point to anything.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          Can someone provide me with said video where Trump "incited" the riot by telling people to storm the capital and wreak havoc? I am honestly asking because I can't find that anywhere. What I have heard is that his speech went on a long time and at the end he mentioned walking to the Capital to let them know how we feel. And, it was apparently at the very end of his speech AFTER the majority of the hooligans had already left to go over to the Capital building. Not excusing anything, just trying to see the facts for myself.
          You be the judge...

Trump is accused of ‘incitement of insurrection’ after giving a speech before his supporters stormed the Capitol.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            In fact, Schumer said it was incitement because Hitler didn’t issue any statements either, but it was “understood”.
            I find it hard to believe Schumer said that of Hitler. Quotes?

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

From what I have seen, Trump did not do anything to tone down the anger in the crowd. In fact I would say he heightened the fervor of those in the crowd. That is a far cry from incitement. He did very, very poorly, but there was no direct call to violence or occupation. In fact, Schumer said it was incitement because Hitler didn’t issue any statements either, but it was “understood”. That’s not true, but it does show that Schumer couldn’t point to anything.
              Totally agree. He was definitely not toning down the rhetoric, but when has he ever. I do not see anything in that transcript that rises to the level of inciting a riot as the left is claiming. Was Commiela Harris inciting insurrection when she said on the debate she wouldn't take the vaccine? Of course not, and neither is this. Complete hogwash.

Comment

• He literally said this toward the beginning of the speech:

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

BURN HIM!!!

Comment

• He opened his response to the protest with:

"I would like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans, I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem. I immediately deployed the National Guard and federal law enforcement to secure the building and expel the intruders. America is and must always be a nation of law and order.

The demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engaged in the acts of violence and destruction, you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law, you will pay. We have just been through an intense election and emotions are high, but now tempers must be cooled and calm restored. We must get on with the business of America."

BURN HIM!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Kristallnacht:

Jewish homes, hospitals and schools were ransacked as attackers demolished buildings with sledgehammers.[5] Rioters destroyed 267 synagogues throughout Germany, Austria and the Sudetenland.[6] Over 7,000 Jewish businesses were damaged or destroyed,[7][8] and 30,000 Jewish men were arrested and incarcerated in concentration camps.

Very similar.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Arnold is numero uno.

Comment

• I have seen 3 or 4 videos where the capitol police just let protester in, while have seen other videos where capitol police were fighting with all they had to restrain the rioters. There is even one with the capitol police officer holding the door open saying "I don't agree with this".

I would like to know why this was? Was there some order to let people in? If so by who?

Comment

• I'm going to try to stick to facts and not let facts be influenced by opinion. Please correct me if I cross that line.

At Trump's rallies he invited his supporters to join him in Washington January 6, the day that Congress, in a joint session, would count the electoral votes and Mike Pence would announce the results and state the name of the next President.

Trump, Giuliani, and Don, Jr. addressed the crowd Trump invited to Washington on the premise that the election had been rigged and his election stolen. Trump told the crowd to march on the capitol and be strong - the weak never win. Giuliani said that combat was necessary. I forget Don, Jr's words, but recall they were incendiary to ears that wanted to hear them that way.

Then the crowd marched on the Capitol. For some insane reason they seemed to think that if Pence didn't declare Biden the winner that Trump could stay in office, so they wanted to kill Mike Pence before he could say that Biden won the election.

There was an angry crowd of rioters chanting "Hang Mike Pence" who built a gallows outside the building where they knew Mike Pence was holding a joint session of Congress. Then they broke into that building.

A group invited by our President to come to Washington on the day the electoral votes are counted showed up, built a gallows with a noose outside the Capitol, chanted "Hang Mike Pence", and then invaded the Capitol where they knew Mike Pence was located.

What we had was a gallows with a noose erected outside the Capitol. We had an angry mob chanting "Hang Mike Pence". That angry mob invaded the Capitol where they thought Mike Pence could be found. Trump's response to the protesters was "we love you...go home".

Please look at what happened. We had "protesters" erect a gallows outside our Capitol. Those "protestors" were chanting "Hang Mike Pence" and broke into the Capitol in an effort to find him.

Those protesters had been told to be in Washington that day by Trump. Trump told them to march on the Capitol and be strong.

Excuse me for a moment as I express an opinion. I watched the Oklahoma City bombing. I watched the attack on the World Trade Centers and the Pentagon. None of those compare to building a gallows outside the Capitol, chanting "Kill Mike Pence" and then invading the Capitol. Attacks on people and buildings cannot be compared to attacks on democracy.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              I have seen 3 or 4 videos where the capitol police just let protester in, while have seen other videos where capitol police were fighting with all they had to restrain the rioters. There is even one with the capitol police officer holding the door open saying "I don't agree with this".

I would like to know why this was? Was there some order to let people in? If so by who?
                              The best explanation I have heard was that on many places the police were obviously overwhelmed and “retreated” to strengthen their lines. When that maneuver is performed it is allegedly standard procedure to take the barricade with you so they don’t use it against you. That is why it appears they let them in.

Can’t explain the guy that held the door open.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Excuse me for a moment as I express an opinion. I watched the Oklahoma City bombing. I watched the attack on the World Trade Centers and the Pentagon. None of those compare to building a gallows outside the Capitol, chanting "Kill Mike Pence" and then invading the Capitol. Attacks on people and buildings cannot be compared to attacks on democracy.

You’re damn right they can’t be compared. One was a planned terrorist attach on our nation. One was a planned act of domestic terrorism, and one was a mob of angry people committing insurrection.

You’ve lost your marbles if you think this is the worst thing to happen in 15 years. It was the culmination of a summer of violence where antifa built guillotines outside of federal buildings while democrats and the media cheered them on. It’s all bad.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X