No announcement yet.

Assault on the Capitol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aargh, are you there mentally? That made zero coherent sense. You just blabbered the same thing over and over for 3 paragraphs and then came to one of the worst comparisons/conclusions I’ve ever read.

Excuse me for telling you your opinion sucks.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I see your point Aargh. The OKC bombing was committed by a lone anti-government wackjob, and the 9/11 attacks were committed by a group of religious wackjobs. While the casualty count and material disruptive factor were initially higher, there was no moral confusion as to who the good and bad guys were. In the Capitol Seige, you have hundreds of wackjobs, spurred on by the President of the United States, to attack The United States. Behind those directly involved, you have millions more at home who privately cheered this act of sedition. Around the world you have citizens and leaders who are left aghast that something like this could happen in America. Potential bad actors in unstable regions are however encouraged: "If it can happen in America...".

Neither of the two aforementioned terrorist attacks destabilized the fabric of our Democracy; it actually did the opposite - it made us stronger. The Capitol Siege itself was not only the greatest attack on the Constitution in a century, it was a symptom of a disease that still exists today and is likely much more malignant than anybody realizes. We have 10's of millions of people who are the victims of a relentless psychological attack that has peaked w/ the arrival of the pandemic. Most Republicans simply do not know what reality is anymore and sincerely believe the election was stolen from them without a shred of election altering evidence. Trump has been masterful - particularly when you take into account the quality of person he is. It's almost beyond belief.

P.S. Pay no attention to ScRaTcHy'S personal attacks. He's had a helluva 2020. And 2021 is starting off no better. It's gonna be a long time before we see his consecutive record of misinformed and delusional posts broken. And then to top it off, he recently lost his Man Card after posing as an Internet Tough Guy persistently mocking the pandemic and then turning to jello over a vaccine shot. He's simply a delusional, uninformed, coward.

Comment

• I think we need a safety check on Aargh. That made zero sense and he said the same sentence about Pence and gallows about five times. Honestly, do we need a separate thread for this? Couldn't it just be consolidated with Assault on the Capital thread. That seems to make sense.

Comment

• I merged Aargh's thread with this one.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            I see your point Aargh. The OKC bombing was committed by a lone anti-government wackjob, and the 9/11 attacks were committed by a group of religious wackjobs. While the casualty count and material disruptive factor were initially higher, there was no moral confusion as to who the good and bad guys were. In the Capitol Seige, you have hundreds of wackjobs, spurred on by the President of the United States, to attack The United States. Behind those directly involved, you have millions more at home who privately cheered this act of sedition. Around the world you have citizens and leaders who are left aghast that something like this could happen in America. Potential bad actors in unstable regions are however encouraged: "If it can happen in America...".

Neither of the two aforementioned terrorist attacks destabilized the fabric of our Democracy; it actually did the opposite - it made us stronger. The Capitol Siege itself was not only the greatest attack on the Constitution in a century, it was a symptom of a disease that still exists today and is likely much more malignant than anybody realizes. We have 10's of millions of people who are the victims of a relentless psychological attack that has peaked w/ the arrival of the pandemic. Most Republicans simply do not know what reality is anymore and sincerely believe the election was stolen from them without a shred of election altering evidence. Trump has been masterful - particularly when you take into account the quality of person he is. It's almost beyond belief.

P.S. Pay no attention to ScRaTcHy'S personal attacks. He's had a helluva 2020. And 2021 is starting off no better. It's gonna be a long time before we see his consecutive record of misinformed and delusional posts broken. And then to top it off, he recently lost his Man Card after posing as an Internet Tough Guy persistently mocking the pandemic and then turning to jello over a vaccine shot. He's simply a delusional, uninformed, coward.

Why are you getting so personal????

Don’t tell me I got the Great One fuming? This usually happens when he starts posting animal comparison videos.

Its ok Cold. I promise I won’t mention your age in relation to your dangling dating life ever again. Poor sap.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• WASHINGTON, D.C.—A review of Trump's statements last week made it clear that he was inciting violence, as he very clearly told people to "remain peaceful" and not carry out any violence.

Comment

• Yeah, let's just all forget this s#it I said. Besides, I didn't do it. - Donald John Trump.

Comment

• LOL!! I love it. So awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Yeah, let's just all forget this s#it I said. Besides, I didn't do it. - Donald John Trump.
                    You never listened to his speech

Comment

• This is how I feel.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Oops. The blame everyone else left is at it again. Congresswoman Jayapal who blamed unmasked GOP lawmakers for her positive Covid test busted not wearing a mask during capital riot. Come on Man!

Democratic Rep. Pramila Jayapal, who announced Tuesday morning that she was diagnosed with the coronavirus and slammed Republicans who refused to wear masks as lawmakers were sheltering from the pro-Trump mob that attacked the Capitol, was filmed not wearing a mask at one point while lawmakers hid during the chaos. 

Democratic Rep. Pramila Jayapal, who announced Tuesday morning that she was diagnosed with the coronavirus and slammed Republicans who refused to wear masks as lawmakers were sheltering from the pro-Trump mob that attacked the Capitol, was filmed not wearing a mask at one point while lawmakers hid during the chaos.

Comment

• Trump provoked it with his rhetoric since the election. I don't think that is even arguable, but everything is.

I was the fifth person hired on the Trump campaign and I am one of the very, very, very few that served on the campaign from the beginning to the end and then I served two months on the transition team.

What happened last week was a disgrace.

Comment

• ABC was hired by the Trump campaign? Fifth person hired? What?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                              Trump provoked it with his rhetoric since the election. I don't think that is even arguable, but everything is.

I was the fifth person hired on the Trump campaign and I am one of the very, very, very few that served on the campaign from the beginning to the end and then I served two months on the transition team.

What happened last week was a disgrace.
                              Well, I was the THIRD person hired and I think you are full of crap

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Well, I was the THIRD person hired and I think you are full of crap
                                Ivanka, is that you!?
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X