No announcement yet.

Assault on the Capitol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually I think he is one of the BeeGees. Furry Gibb maybe?

Comment

• The boogaloo Bois, Antifa, and ACTIVIST BLM (not just marchers) have a ton in common. They overlap with each other much more than they do with Republicans or Democrats.

I just don’t know enough about QAnon to comment except that they are conspiracy theorists. My guess is that they float in the same circles as flat earthers and 911 truthers. I do know that on the surface they are anti-child sex trafficking. Don’t know how deep that goes, but that’s one redeeming characteristic.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Much much quieter day today, so far, than 4 years ago. IF it keeps up, will we get reports talking about how the "right" is in fact more civil and more peaceful than the "left" ?

I won't be holding my breath.

For all the Karens out there that have been screaming bloody murder that Trump was not your President, let me say that as a proud American, Joe Biden is my President.

He's not who I wanted, and I disagree with most of his politics, but he is my President and I wish him well. May God look down upon him and all who serve this great country and give them the strength to do what's right and not popular, just and not political, and to support ALL those that serve, and not just the ones that fit their narrative.

And may God Bless each and every one of us, and remind us to love one another. Always.

God Bless America

Get a room doc...just kidding. I wish we were all as perspective-driven as you.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
          TMy guess is that they float in the same circles as flat earthers and 911 truthers.
          You forgot the "Moon Hoaxers"

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            The boogaloo Bois, Antifa, and ACTIVIST BLM (not just marchers) have a ton in common. They overlap with each other much more than they do with Republicans or Democrats.

I just don’t know enough about QAnon to comment except that they are conspiracy theorists. My guess is that they float in the same circles as flat earthers and 911 truthers. I do know that on the surface they are anti-child sex trafficking. Don’t know how deep that goes, but that’s one redeeming characteristic.
            My best friend considers himself a Q fan. He and many Q fans don't buy in to all that Q states, just like the overall mindset I guess. He is a great person and doesn't deserve short-sided people who want to put him in a box. Why is it people put other people 100% in certain categories, when those category people might buy in to just 60% of it. Life isn't always and almost never 100% black and white. There are always conditions to many of our beliefs. There are just some people in the human race that like to judge people and put them in boxes just because they might like a component of a particular topic. I feel sorry for that limited thinking. Critical thinking and making decisions is at a loss with many...not all. I struggle with it at times myself, but I am pretty good at looking in the mirror (as scary as that might seem) and refine my blind spots.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Just because she has a top-secret clearance doesn't allow her to store top-secret documents on laptop or computer. The clearance is allows her to receive classified briefings and to go to secure areas to review classified material. It does not give her permission to store classified information on a unsecured computer in a unsecured area (that what got Hillary in trouble if you recall).
              While that statement is true, we don't know that she doesn't have permission to connect to a classified network and store data. It also does not address access to unclassified networks and storing information on a portable device:

Sensitive But Unclassified (SBU) is a designation of information in the United States federal government that, though unclassified, often requires strict controls over its distribution. SBU is a broad category of information that includes material covered by such designations as For Official Use Only (FOUO), Law Enforcement Sensitive (LES), Sensitive Homeland Security Information, Sensitive Security Information (SSI), Critical Infrastructure Information (CII), etc. It also includes Internal Revenue Service materials like individual tax records, systems information, and enforcement procedures. Some categories of SBU information have authority in statute or regulation (e.g. SSI, CII) while others, including FOUO, do not.

So she is still in a whole lot of trouble, whether the laptop had "presentations" on it (like Pelosi's staff characterized it as) or information from a classified network or information from an unclassified information protected by statute. The biggest problem is the intent of the crime - to steal a laptop and provide the contents to the Russian government. The prosecutors won't care whether classified or unclassified information was stored, they will look at intent.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

While that statement is true, we don't know that she doesn't have permission to connect to a classified network and store data. It also does not address access to unclassified networks and storing information on a portable device:

Sensitive But Unclassified (SBU) is a designation of information in the United States federal government that, though unclassified, often requires strict controls over its distribution. SBU is a broad category of information that includes material covered by such designations as For Official Use Only (FOUO), Law Enforcement Sensitive (LES), Sensitive Homeland Security Information, Sensitive Security Information (SSI), Critical Infrastructure Information (CII), etc. It also includes Internal Revenue Service materials like individual tax records, systems information, and enforcement procedures. Some categories of SBU information have authority in statute or regulation (e.g. SSI, CII) while others, including FOUO, do not.

So she is still in a whole lot of trouble, whether the laptop had "presentations" on it (like Pelosi's staff characterized it as) or information from a classified network or information from an unclassified information protected by statute. The biggest problem is the intent of the crime - to steal a laptop and provide the contents to the Russian government. The prosecutors won't care whether classified or unclassified information was stored, they will look at intent.
                I wonder if it had her salon appointments on it...

Comment

• Hundo P serious question. Does anyone REALLY trust a 70+ politician with a computer, I mean to do anything but the simplest of tasks?

Does ANYONE trust Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McConnell or Joe Biden or Donald Trump for that matter, with navigating a fully functional laptop with high security detail and encryption?

Comment

• If you had Joe, Don, Mitch, Nancy and 6 other random 70+ year old members of Congress with a high level laptop just booted up.....someone is sticking their arm forward and pointing and saying "Put X in the center square!"

Comment

Does anyone REALLY trust a politician, I mean to do anything but the simplest of tasks?

Does ANYONE trust Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McConnell or Joe Biden or Donald Trump for that matter?
                      No
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Almost 3pm on the east coast, and it's been an exceedingly peaceful transition of power today. Have I missed ANY demonstration in DC by the Proud Boys/KKK/GOP/RightwingExtremists or any of the FIFTY State Capitals that were warned of massive violent protests?

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

No
                          Thanks for the fix.

Comment

Almost 3pm on the east coast, and it's been an exceedingly peaceful transition of power today. Have I missed ANY demonstration in DC by the Proud Boys/KKK/GOP/RightwingExtremists or any of the FIFTY State Capitals that were warned of massive violent protests?
                            You just posted what I was about to question. Wasn’t there supposed to be violence starting on Sunday at the state capitals and now today?

Im missing something.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Thanks for the fix.
                              I like to simplify things when and where I can.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You just posted what I was about to question. Wasn’t there supposed to be violence starting on Sunday at the state capitals and now today?

Im missing something.
                                I heard a pigeon dropped a poop on someone's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X