Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Maybe we can all get a bunch of these to pass around the mashed potatoes at Christmas and Thanksgiving.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Hey, I am just trying to be a responsible citizen and follow King Newsom's rules. It's for the greater good right. We have to sit 6 feet apart outside to eat Christmas dinner. That's gonna be one big table. 10 people on each side, that's a 60 foot long table.
      You can forego the 6 ft. rule friend. If somebody is shedding virus at your party, 80% of you will likely get it.

Merry Christmas!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post

#withoutdataitsjustanotheropinion

Cold, is there any data that proves the mandate leads to a higher propensity of mask usage? Polling data has shown 80% of Americans have been masking since early in the pandemic regardless of mandates. Any data that shows the other 20% are more willing to comply when it’s a mandate? Otherwise, how do we infer causation?
        Melbourne, Australia has 99.9% compliance. They have a $1,000 fine if you're caught outside without a mask. That's what it will likely take to save the indoctrinated Trumpers from themselves.

And no, 80% of Americans have NOT been wearing a mask since early in the pandemic... R O F L !

I have a friend in a small Kansas town that does not have a mask mandate. Nobody wears them at the market or the big box store. This person told me that there have been many infections, including some in their family requiring ICU stays. This person said there are also infected young people who are showing cognitive issues after clearing the virus.

The disease is real.

Masks work and must be worn by EVERYBODY.

Vaccines are just around the corner.

Life will be normal again sooner rather than later.

P.S. Anybody calling for us to let our guard down right before the fight is finished is either knowingly or unknowingly working for the Trump campaign. No rational individual would start to increase their risk right before crossing the finish line.

P.P.S. You do not want to contract this disease if you can help it - at any age.

P.P.P.S. If there was never an endgame to Covid, I would have been the first person in the bar without a mask.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

You can forego the 6 ft. rule friend. If somebody is shedding virus at your party, 80% of you will likely get it.

Merry Christmas!
          Yep and there's a 98% chance we'll be just fine. Guessing nobody wants to have Christmas or Thanksgiving with you.

Comment

Melbourne, Australia has 99.9% compliance. They have a $1,000 fine if you're caught outside without a mask. That's what it will likely take to save the indoctrinated Trumpers from themselves.

And no, 80% of Americans have NOT been wearing a mask since early in the pandemic... R O F L !

I have a friend in a small Kansas town that does not have a mask mandate. Nobody wears them at the market or the big box store. This person told me that there have been many infections, including some in their family requiring ICU stays. This person said there are also infected young people who are showing cognitive issues after clearing the virus.

The disease is real.

P.S. Anybody calling for us to let our guard down right before the fight is finished is either knowingly or unknowingly working for the Trump campaign. No rational individual would start to increase their risk right before crossing the finish line.

P.P.S. You do not want to contract this disease if you can help it - at any age.

P.P.P.S. If there was never an endgame to Covid, I would have been the first person in the bar without a mask.
            Based on my scientific study, it's more like 99% compliance. I have literally not seen anyone without a mask anywhere I've been since they started mandating it. NOT A SINGLE PERSON so I included the 1% variance as an abundance of caution.

Comment

The disease is real.

This post is completely anecdotal and void of any evidence. C’mon man, you can do better.

Comment

Can't fight the data right? It is science.
                McPherson is listed as a non-masked county. We followed the mask mandate for two weeks. Not sure if that’s taken into account for us or other counties. We also have a 60% non-mandated compliance rate at Wal-Mart as observed by counting over 400 shoppers on multiple occasions.

Don’t know if that is taken into consideration. The 50% reduction was cherry picked based on the lowest case level. It is an interesting bias.

Masking certainly helps. It reduces the ability of the virus to spread of the virus past the mask by about 10%.
                Livin the dream

Comment

The disease is real.

Apologies, you are correct, we weren't at 80%. We have hovered around 75% since July. I included some of your favorite countries in the chart for reference.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/internat...avoid-covid-19

To be clear, I’m not arguing against the effectiveness of masks. I am arguing against the idea that mandates actually boost mask usage. Most of the country has been wearing them in spite of your trumper theory. The ones that haven’t worn them, would most likely still not wear them to spite them.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  Last edited by shoxtop; October 29, 2020, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Yep and there's a 98% chance we'll be just fine. Guessing nobody wants to have Christmas or Thanksgiving with you.
                    I hesitate to even quote him for fear of him passing something to me.

Comment

Is that so. So what do you say to the study out of Italy where only 4% is community spread and the vast majority of cases were spread at homes? Kind of de-bunks your little "theory".
                      Fake news. You've used that excuse for the last 4 years.

See how easy this is?

By the way, I'd invite all your elderly relatives to your holiday shindig. Let's see what happens to them....perhaps you can do a parlor game with a wheel and a pointer. Get all the old folks to playing and see who gets the 'rona (i.e. the pointer). But you need to get your numbers up. I'd shoot for at least 50 at your holiday party. Then if the positivity rate in your community is at or above 20%, you can pretty much guarantee at least one of your guests will show up positive and spread it everywhere.

I'm sure you won't miss your relatives if they get sick and die, based on your posts on this thread. They probably ought to suffer and perhaps die anyway., especially if they are latinos

Not only that, you will get a lot of attention when it hits the news and perhaps you can get a good lawyer pro bono to fight 'King Newsom'.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

See how easy this is?
                        But you’re not using it correctly.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

But you’re not using it correctly.
                          Sure I am. If the shoe fits, wear it!

Comment

Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

See how easy this is?

By the way, I'd invite all your elderly relatives to your holiday shindig. Let's see what happens to them....perhaps you can do a parlor game with a wheel and a pointer. Get all the old folks to playing and see who gets the 'rona (i.e. the pointer). But you need to get your numbers up. I'd shoot for at least 50 at your holiday party. Then if the positivity rate in your community is at or above 20%, you can pretty much guarantee at least one of your guests will show up positive and spread it everywhere.

I'm sure you won't miss your relatives if they get sick and die, based on your posts on this thread. They probably ought to suffer and perhaps die anyway., especially if they are latinos

Not only that, you will get a lot of attention when it hits the news and perhaps you can get a good lawyer pro bono to fight 'King Newsom'.
                              You support King Newsome's mandates for mask usage everywhere which isn't what Kansas espouses. If masks help so much outside, why am I seeing television shows (news and other new shows done after Covid) on ABC, CBS, and NBC where the news anchors, and actors are inside, and trying to separate, but not wearing masks. This happens in Sedgwick County, but also in New York, California, etc where the government makes all sorts of extra rules. Shouldn't they be wearing masks everywhere outside their home (maybe you think they should wear them inside their homes too) in these blue states. Most of these people are anti-Trump so I'm sure they are all pro mask wearing everywhere. I'm for the rules in Sedgwick Country, but not for King Newsome.

By the way, I wear a mask whenever I'm inside a building with others and cannot always separate 6', but I'm not for wearing them outside, or when 6' separation is possible.

Comment

This seemed like something made up, it definitely doesn't go along anecdotally with what I'm seeing. Low and behold, it is another one of Cold made up numbers

The proportion of U.S. adults reporting wearing face masks increased from 78% in April to 89% in June, according to the nationally representative survey released by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Tuesday.
                                A general increase in mask-wearing has been encouraging, U.S. public health experts say. But too few young people, especially, are social distancing and taking other steps to slow coronavirus' spread.

Comment

Working...
                                X