No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LoL! I just read it again. He says, "Remember, we wanna stop this moisture coming out of our mouth, because it's what Covid rides on..."

So... moisture in the air actually traps virus and sends it to the earth faster. Dry air is where a virus will travel in aerosolized form the furthest. The surgical masks (properly fitted) will capture pretty much all of the virus-containing large droplets, as advertised. Wearing a 2nd tightly fitted mask is going to increase smaller droplet restriction, by what margin I cannot say.

The N95-type will catch all medium-to-large droplets and 95% of particles down to .1-.3 microns.

That dumbo's video has been shared over 636,000 times.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

It's called deferring to experts. It's how we learn.
      I’m an expert on this. Calling it now.
      Livin the dream

Comment

No mask is air tight which is why blowing steam out in the cold and attempting to portray it as virus escaping is complete ignorance. N95's filter out viruses down to a certain size, it would be a defiance of the laws of physics that they would stop all air lol. The steam you see the fool blowing is changing after his breath leaves the warm confines of the mask and hits the cold air.
        Blowing steam out in the cold? Do you hear yourself? The water droplets are condensing, which you already stated. Condensation is the opposite of steam production, and god forbid breathing in an environment where your breath is turned into steam.

On particulate filtration of an N95 mask, it is effective in filtering out particles 2 to 5 times larger than c-19. Now, the alarmists will tell you about water droplets and electrostatic charge, however, it is only hypothesized that the virus isn’t aerosolized, and electrostatic charges have not been demonstrated for C19. That’s all theoretical. Maybe those things are true. Show me.
        Livin the dream

Comment

LoL! I just read it again. He says, "Remember, we wanna stop this moisture coming out of our mouth, because it's what Covid rides on..."

So... moisture in the air actually traps virus and sends it to the earth faster. Dry air is where a virus will travel in aerosolized form the furthest. The surgical masks (properly fitted) will capture pretty much all of the virus-containing large droplets, as advertised. Wearing a 2nd tightly fitted mask is going to increase smaller droplet restriction, by what margin I cannot say.

The N95-type will catch all medium-to-large droplets and 95% of particles down to .1-.3 microns.

This whole statement is either completely wrong or is a complete misunderstanding of what the experts are saying. I’d suggest you quit offering advice on this.
          Livin the dream

Comment

LoL! I just read it again. He says, "Remember, we wanna stop this moisture coming out of our mouth, because it's what Covid rides on..."

Not much Science here.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Blowing steam out in the cold? Do you hear yourself? The water droplets are condensing, which you already stated. Condensation is the opposite of steam production, and god forbid breathing in an environment where your breath is turned into steam.

On particulate filtration of an N95 mask, it is effective in filtering out particles 2 to 5 times larger than c-19. Now, the alarmists will tell you about water droplets and electrostatic charge, however, it is only hypothesized that the virus isn’t aerosolized, and electrostatic charges have not been demonstrated for C19. That’s all theoretical. Maybe those things are true. Show me.
              Not that I want to get into any of these arguments as they are mostly pointless. Everyone's mind is made up until an event directly around them changes it. However, when your breath leaves your mouth it does so at the temperature in your mouth which can hold a certain amount of water in gas form. When the air you exhale hits the outside air it cools down and hits the dew point which causes some moisture to phase change from the gas too liquid. The only thing seeing your breath outside the mask demonstrates is that air containing water as a gas can go through the mask which is required if you want to be able to breathe. It does not show that water as liquid makes it through.
              Last edited by dregn; February 9, 2021, 06:16 PM. Reason: Fixed typos, stupid swipe to text...

Comment

This whole statement is either completely wrong or is a complete misunderstanding of what the experts are saying. I’d suggest you quit offering advice on this.
                Wowzers! Somebody is in a mood after work!

So yeah... actually, everything I said is 110% correct. You got a problem with my math now?

Comment

• Originally posted by dregn View Post

Not that I want to get into any of these arguments as they are mostly pointless. Everyone's mind is made up until an event directly around them changes it. However, when your breath leaves your mouth it does so at the temperature in your mouth which can hold a certain amount of water in gas form. When the air you exhale hits the outside air it cools down and hits the dew point which causes some moisture to phase change from the gas too liquid. The only thing seeing your breath outside the mask demonstrates is that air containing water as a gas can go through the mask which is required if you want to be able to breathe. It does not show that water as liquid makes it through.
                  Agreed.

And the intent of the bozo's video was to infer that all the StEaM/SmOkE you're seeing is akin to bazillions of virus flying out to infect everyone.

Therefore;

Masks don't work.

Therefore;

He's a Covidiot whose video should have a warning appended to it by TikTok administrators as infactual.

Comment

Wait, what? Are you suggesting that the air you breathe is greater than 100 Celsius or 212 Fahrenheit? Water does not exist as a gas in your lungs and suddenly become liquid. It is invisible liquid that collects together in large quantities and becomes visible as it solidifies.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Okay, so you have water vapor compressed in your lungs, and as it cools it sublimates. This sublimation can be seen when the temp decreases or pressure increases.

Is the virus carried in this vapor or not?
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• The virus is a particulent within the vapor. The particulents can be filtered out. We filter particulents out of gases and liquids all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

You have advanced medical training and you say things like this? Why aren't you in the hospitals preaching the truth the? Oh wait... because they would think you were insane and cart you out of the building feet first.

This attempt to discredit a central piece of protective gear used around the globe fails to account for several fundamental scientific principles.

A June 4 post from Why don’t you try this? went a step beyond the homemade mask debate to claim that even the N95 masks used by health care workers are pointless in the face of COVID-19.

“COVID 19 virus particle size is 125 nanometers (0.125 microns); the range is 0.06 microns to .14 microns,” the post said. “The N95 mask filters down to 0.3 microns. So, N95 masks block few, if any, virions (virus particles).”

In other words, the post asserts the virus is smaller than the filter on the N95 mask, so the N95 mask doesn’t work.

Experts say this claim flies in the face of numerous studies and reflects a failure to grasp fundamental principles of how viruses behave and how face masks work.
                          Virus particles don’t exist alone

The science of mask functionality gets really small, really fast. The unit of measurement here is microns — 1/1000th of a millimeter.

The size-based argument against N95 laid out in this claim assumes mask filtering works something like water flowing through a net — particles in the water smaller than the net opening pass through, while larger items don’t.

But the physics involved don’t work like that at all.

The COVID-19 particle is indeed around 0.1 microns in size, but it is always bonded to something larger.

“There is never a naked virus floating in the air or released by people,” said
                          Linsey Marr, a professor of civil and environmental engineering at Virginia Tech who specializes in airborne transmission of viruses.
                          The virus attaches to water droplets or aerosols (i.e. really small droplets) that are generated by breathing, talking, coughing, etc. These consist of water, mucus protein and other biological material and are all larger than 1 micron.

“Breathing and talking generate particles around 1 micron in size, which will be collected by N95 respirator filters with very high efficiency,” said
                          Lisa Brosseau, a retired professor of environmental and occupational health sciences who spent her career researching respiratory protection.
                          I do appreciate your efforts sir, but you must realize you're going up against... a legend. And I'm bound by truth.

Now go get a couple drinks in ya and simmer down a bit. I'll call ya GodHEPAGod when you return. ;)

Comment

The virus is a particulent within the vapor. The particulents can be filtered out. We filter particulents out of gases and liquids all the time.
                            Can be filtered out of what and how?
                            Livin the dream

Comment

The virus is a particulent within the vapor. The particulents can be filtered out. We filter particulents out of gases and liquids all the time.

P.S. wufan is just yanking chains. He pretends to be a Covidiot, but he wears a mask like a rational person and believes in science. He just comes on here to blow off some STEAM...

(steam)

Comment

You have advanced medical training and you say things like this? Why aren't you in the hospitals preaching the truth the? Oh wait... because they would think you were insane and cart you out of the building feet first.

This attempt to discredit a central piece of protective gear used around the globe fails to account for several fundamental scientific principles.

I do appreciate your efforts sir, but you must realize you're going up against... a legend. And I'm bound by truth.

Now go get a couple drinks in ya and simmer down a bit. I'll call ya GodHEPAGod when you return. ;)

Yes, I keep seeing people claim that it isn’t aerosolized, but there are many scientists that disagree, and these aren’t fringe whackaloons. It is really an open scientific debate. The transmissibility, despite masks, suggests that it IS aerosolized. It isn’t known, and is truly the crux of the mask debate.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X