Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Why is there a surge if basically everyone's been wearing masks for the last 3 months? It's just an honest question so please don't get hysterical.

It surely is not because your President screwed this thing up from the beginning is it? What did Cuomo do with all of those ventillators?

Why is Biden saying he'll implement MORE testing and produce more PPE if that's what your President is already doing? What's that gonna' solve? I'll tell you why; because Biden's just another another lying POS politician who'll tell you anything to get elected, up to turning this deadly virus into a political issue. That's why someone who isn't a politician occupies the White House.

FAKE.jpg

Can we get a fact-checker Cold?

You asked me to not get hysterical and then you promptly got hysterical.

Through my travels in life I have found that nearly everyone I meet is on some time of pharmaceutical. Many are on psychotropics. What effect is this having on our society? What effect is this having on this very message board.

I am on zero prescriptions btw.

The answer to your question, which I've answered many times, is because we aren't wearing masks. We have a president that has inferred mask-wearing as feminine/weak. Just pull up the many videos on this fine forum with Trumpers protesting, rally attending, or truck convoying. You will noticed a recurring theme. NO ****ing masks. I watched the Tulsa rally pre-party w/ Right Side Broadcasting and watched as the poor young commentator had to make excuse after excuse as to why he was wearing a mask. I mean, he was continually bombarded by callers over wearing a ****ing mask. This is how brainwashed Trumpers are. If you wear a mask by choice and not because a sign forced you to, you are a Democrat. It's as simple as that.

I would say that 35-50% of the population of America wear masks in a way that is effective - in time worn, material used, and sterility procedures followed.

I know bars around town where nobody wears a mask. I have friends (Trumpers) who purposely slide the mask halfway off their face when entering stores because "**** the Libs". I know girls who are Trumpers, and even one Lib that eschewed mask wearing whenever possible. Nearly all of them have been sick also with some suffering semi-serious consequences.

The person posting that 80% of Americans wear masks would be laughable if it weren't so sad. Biden can come into office and put some teeth behind mask wearing and perhaps dial back the political rhetoric that's been infused into this health crisis through education and calm governance.

The sad reality is, if Trump is removed from office, he's likely going to be louder than ever (articles have already been written on this). And he will still lead his "flock" from the sidelines mocking every single thing Biden does to avert this crisis. Trump is a madman. Worse, he's an egotistical madman. Was that redundant?

The second Trump leaves office Twitter and Facebook need to ban every single platform he is on. Something needs to be done to restore some sanity and peace in the country. Then the Republican party needs to promote a new face (Cruz?) and FOX/Hannity/Levin/Ingraham/Rush need to NOT give Trump endless airtime. He needs to be excommunicated from this party for good.

Jesus, I've become a Never Trumper.

Comment

Why is there a surge if basically everyone's been wearing masks for the last 3 months? It's just an honest question so please don't get hysterical.

It surely is not because your President screwed this thing up from the beginning is it? What did Cuomo do with all of those ventillators?

Why is Biden saying he'll implement MORE testing and produce more PPE if that's what your President is already doing? What's that gonna' solve? I'll tell you why; because Biden's just another another lying POS politician who'll tell you anything to get elected, up to turning this deadly virus into a political issue. That's why someone who isn't a politician occupies the White House.

FAKE.jpg

Can we get a fact-checker Cold?

P.S. Is that collage a photo of the wallpaper inside your panel van?

I kid because I care...

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        Well, I am now resigning myself to becoming infected over the next couple months. Based on new information regarding projections on vaccine efficacy, widespread availability dates, and the fact that infections, hospitalizations, and deaths are following lock-step with the doom and gloom models of the summer, it's likely game over for me and my Covid virginity. People are getting infected that follow very strict routines (like myself) and they have no clue how they got infected. We are beyond mere community spread now, we are reaching a state of inevitability. Oh well.

May as well post my favorite video again as it looks to be coming relevant again. Hospitalizations are skyrocketing everywhere, including right here at home.

Is it that unrealistic to think that a virus can’t be stopped, especially as contagious and easy to transmit as this one supposedly is?

You like to jump on the science train but science is happening right in front of you. Why do you think the flu can’t be eradicated? Because 60,000 deaths a year isn’t as bad enough?

Preventative maintenance should be used. Good hygiene also. But short of locking everybody in their homes for two weeks (and I mean everyone, essential workers and all) and assuming every single person on earth follows through, there is no way to stop it. It’s sad but true. Of course, more people would die in that scenario but it’s worth it right? Now how realistic do you think that is?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Did the CDC say that 70% of new cases are "mask wearers" all the time?

Comment

You asked me to not get hysterical and then you promptly got hysterical.

Through my travels in life I have found that nearly everyone I meet is on some time of pharmaceutical. Many are on psychotropics. What effect is this having on our society? What effect is this having on this very message board.

I am on zero prescriptions btw.

The answer to your question, which I've answered many times, is because we aren't wearing masks. We have a president that has inferred mask-wearing as feminine/weak. Just pull up the many videos on this fine forum with Trumpers protesting, rally attending, or truck convoying. You will noticed a recurring theme. NO ****ing masks. I watched the Tulsa rally pre-party w/ Right Side Broadcasting and watched as the poor young commentator had to make excuse after excuse as to why he was wearing a mask. I mean, he was continually bombarded by callers over wearing a ****ing mask. This is how brainwashed Trumpers are. If you wear a mask by choice and not because a sign forced you to, you are a Democrat. It's as simple as that.

I would say that 35-50% of the population of America wear masks in a way that is effective - in time worn, material used, and sterility procedures followed.

I know bars around town where nobody wears a mask. I have friends (Trumpers) who purposely slide the mask halfway off their face when entering stores because "**** the Libs". I know girls who are Trumpers, and even one Lib that eschewed mask wearing whenever possible. Nearly all of them have been sick also with some suffering semi-serious consequences.

The person posting that 80% of Americans wear masks would be laughable if it weren't so sad. Biden can come into office and put some teeth behind mask wearing and perhaps dial back the political rhetoric that's been infused into this health crisis through education and calm governance.

The sad reality is, if Trump is removed from office, he's likely going to be louder than ever (articles have already been written on this). And he will still lead his "flock" from the sidelines mocking every single thing Biden does to avert this crisis. Trump is a madman. Worse, he's an egotistical madman. Was that redundant?

The second Trump leaves office Twitter and Facebook need to ban every single platform he is on. Something needs to be done to restore some sanity and peace in the country. Then the Republican party needs to promote a new face (Cruz?) and FOX/Hannity/Levin/Ingraham/Rush need to NOT give Trump endless airtime. He needs to be excommunicated from this party for good.

Jesus, I've become a Never Trumper.

You need to fire your fact-checker.

Maybe you do need meds (if your're telling the truth that is) if you expect anyone to believe your President made wearing masks a feminine issue. But, i don't tune into msnbc very often because I suppose that's were you heard that? What was fauci saying about masks in April? Those links I supplied are all over the web Cold.

I see maybe 2 to 3 people a day who ain't wearing a mask, and I would guess I see 300-500 people a day, on the conservative side. Who are you hanging out with that you see a lack of mask protocol? Are you just as annoying to them too? If you are I sure hope you inject a little humor to lighten the mood. You know, like, kinda stay away from the "Dark Winter" kind of talk. That suggestion would also go to anyone hoping to occupy a seat in the White House also, but it's too late for that. And for the record, I know a lot of people who did vote for Trump and they're wearing masks, if nothing else because it's mandatory already Voltaire.

You do know that FoxNews is the number cable news program on TV?

You can thank the Supreme Court for the likely possibility of this election going on extra 3-days, meaning an extra heavy dose of Trump. And they will be the one you're thanking when the election is over because they'll likely be the ones to settle it.

Didn't 2016 show you that Presidential polls are propaganda? It's gonna' be an electoral landslide buddy because America doesn't want California and New York calling the shots. And if anyone can't understand why America feels that way, they just need to look at what we've witnessed for the last 3 years. Get away from the TDS crowd cold because they're always on their knees and that's an ugly sight to behold. You don't take a knee for the flag too, do you?
            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; November 1, 2020, 10:27 PM.

Comment

You need to fire your fact-checker.

Maybe you do need meds (if your're telling the truth that is) if you expect anyone to believe your President made wearing masks a feminine issue. But, i don't tune into msnbc very often because I suppose that's were you heard that? What was fauci saying about masks in April? Those links I supplied are all over the web Cold.

I see maybe 2 to 3 people a day who ain't wearing a mask, and I would guess I see 300-500 people a day, on the conservative side. Who are you hanging out with that you see a lack of mask protocol? Are you just as annoying to them too? If you are I sure hope you inject a little humor to lighten the mood. You know, like, kinda stay away from the "Dark Winter" kind of talk. That suggestion would also go to anyone hoping to occupy a seat in the White House also, but it's too late for that. And for the record, I know a lot of people who did vote for Trump and they're wearing masks, if nothing else because it's mandatory already Voltaire.

You do know that FoxNews is the number cable news program on TV?

You can thank the Supreme Court for the likely possibility of this election going on extra 3-days, meaning an extra heavy dose of Trump. And they will be the one you're thanking when the election is over because they'll likely be the ones to settle it.

Didn't 2016 show you that Presidential polls are propaganda? It's gonna' be an electoral landslide buddy because America doesn't want California and New York calling the shots. And if anyone can't understand why America feels that way, they just need to look at what we've witnessed for the last 3 years. Get away from the TDS crowd cold because they're always on their knees and that's an ugly sight to behold. You don't take a knee for the flag too, do you?
              Incoherency. Not going to respond to anything except for Trump making masks feminine. Here are some past comments I could pull from the Internet in less than 5 minutes:

President Donald Trump told The Wall Street Journal that he believes that some Americans are wearing masks during the coronavirus pandemic to express their disapproval of him and not as a preventive measure.
              "I don't think I'm going to be doing it," he responded: "Wearing a face mask as I greet presidents, prime ministers, dictators, kings, queens -- I just don't see it."
              In May, during a visit to a Ford plant in Michigan, Trump said that he wore a mask away from reporters and cameras but took it off because he "didn't want to give the press the pleasure of seeing it." (Someone did snap a photo of Trump with a mask on.)
              "But did you ever see a man that likes a mask as much as him?" Trump asked a crowd in Pennsylvania earlier this month of Biden. "And then he makes a speech, and he always has it -- not always, but a lot of times, he has it hanging down. Because, you know what, it gives him a feeling of security. If I were a psychiatrist -- right? I'd say, this guy's got some big issues. Hanging down."
              Within minutes of the CDC announcing its updated mask recommendations last month, the president said, “I don’t think that I’m going to be doing it.”

Trump has told advisers that he believes wearing one would “send the wrong message,” according to one administration and two campaign officials not authorized to publicly discuss private conversations.
              April 3, at the White House: “The C.D.C. is advising the use of nonmedical cloth face covering as an additional voluntary public health measure. So it’s voluntary. You don’t have to do it. They suggested for a period of time, but this is voluntary. I don’t think I’m going to be doing it.”
              Sept. 29 at a presidential debate: “I think masks are OK. You have to understand, if you look — I mean, I have a mask right here. I put a mask on when I think I need it. Tonight, as an example, everybody’s had a test, and you’ve had social distancing and all of the things that you have to.”

He continued: “When needed, I wear masks. I don’t wear masks like him,” he said of Mr. Biden. “Every time you see him, he’s got a mask. He could be speaking 200 feet away from them, and he shows up with the biggest mask I’ve ever seen.”
              Aug. 13, at the White House: “My administration has a different approach: We have urged Americans to wear masks, and I emphasized this is a patriotic thing to do. Maybe they’re great, and maybe they’re just good. Maybe they’re not so good.”
              One example: At the presidential debate on Tuesday, after saying that he wore masks “when needed,” Mr. Trump claimed that Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the leading U.S. official on infectious diseases, had initially said that “masks are not good — then he changed his mind.” (Dr. Fauci rejected the claim, saying on Thursday that he had long been “begging people to wear masks.”)
              President Trump — who insisted when the coronavirus first emerged that it would not be a threat in the United States — spent months playing down the effectiveness of masks, initially refused to be photographed with one on and this week mocked former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. for wearing one.
              I don't even know why I responded to the one inane comment, but I figured I would use as a teaching moment for others.

P.S. After refreshing my memory with these quotes, I stand by my original assessment: Trump is a moron.

Comment

Well, I am now resigning myself to becoming infected over the next couple months. Based on new information regarding projections on vaccine efficacy, widespread availability dates, and the fact that infections, hospitalizations, and deaths are following lock-step with the doom and gloom models of the summer, it's likely game over for me and my Covid virginity. People are getting infected that follow very strict routines (like myself) and they have no clue how they got infected. We are beyond mere community spread now, we are reaching a state of inevitability. Oh well.

May as well post my favorite video again as it looks to be coming relevant again. Hospitalizations are skyrocketing everywhere, including right here at home.

But you wear N95 masks, so you should be fine.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• So wouldn't it make sense for Trump to bring in Dopey Scott Atlas as a foil to Dr. Fauci.

Dr. Atlas reminds me of an Aggie I once knew, her name was Donetta.

Donetta had a photographic memory. She could read a 300 page book and if you asked her a question a day or two later, she could even give you the page the information was on, according to some people who knew her well. She could pass any test for any designation, and she passed a whole bunch of them. CPA on her first try, and just about any other accounting or audit related designation. Passed 'em all.

Problem was, if you asked Donetta a couple of months after the exam any rudimentary concept, she would not remember. Photographic memory with temporary storage, and once it got wiped, you were SOL.

So Dr. Atlas, this one's for you. You may be like Donetta.

"I did not know RT is a propaganda outlet owned by the Russian government." #moron.

The controversial coronavirus adviser apologized on Sunday for doing an interview with Russia's state-controlled network RT, saying he "was unaware they are a registered foreign agent."

Comment

You sound despondent. Hopefully, you don’t mentally succumb to the Chinese virus, and take your own life. Keep wearing your N95, stay inside, know that Biden and other libs are with you in spirit, watch NBC or CNN for guidance and hope for the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You sound despondent. Hopefully, you don’t mentally succumb to the Chinese virus, and take your own life. Keep wearing your N95, stay inside, know that Biden and other libs are with you in spirit, watch NBC or CNN for guidance and hope for the best.
                      Naw, it's the Trump virus, just look at this.....

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ord-university

Of course, this was the real Stanford University, not the Hoover Institute where #covidiots should have gone to die.....

#WWHD?

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Naw, it's the Trump virus, just look at this.....

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ord-university

Of course, this was the real Stanford University, not the Hoover Institute where #covidiots should have gone to die.....

#WWHD?
                        You must not have understood what I meant. Studies show that this virus has been very dangerous to many people. This is what I was talking about.

Comment

Incoherency. Not going to respond to anything except for Trump making masks feminine. Here are some past comments I could pull from the Internet in less than 5 minutes:

I don't even know why I responded to the one inane comment, but I figured I would use as a teaching moment for others.

P.S. After refreshing my memory with these quotes, I stand by my original assessment: Trump is a moron.
                          Ooh this is fun. I’ll play along:

"Many people say that it is Patriotic to wear a face mask when you can't socially distance," Trump tweeted. "There is nobody more Patriotic than me, your favorite President!"
                          "With that being said, I'm a believer in masks. I think masks are good."
                          In an interview on July 1 on the Fox Business Network, Trump said he’d “absolutely” wear a mask “if I were in a tight situation with people.” And he said he had worn a mask and liked the way it looked on him. “It was a dark black mask, and I thought it looked OK,” Trump said. “Looked like the Lone Ranger.”

Comment

There's no doubt you can't comprehend what I write. Maybe it's you. Read slower or put the pipe down.

The links you provided reveal the President aligning his thoughts with those of what the experts have said and/or researched. No where did he say masks are harmful like many doctors have indeed shared through their research. No? Thank you again for the effort Joy.

blame.jpg

What's the median age of death for people who have the virus Cold? Can you comprehend that?

Cheer up Cold, late night at the phog is just days away to help get you through a cold and dark November night...

P.S.- Bye bye ghoul

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; November 2, 2020, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• @CDCgov
                              says people who test positive for #COVID can vote in person This should raise some eyebrows regarding the extreme measures taken to lockdown businesses and shut down schools...

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                @CDCgov
                                says people who test positive for #COVID can vote in person This should raise some eyebrows regarding the extreme measures taken to lockdown businesses and shut down schools...
                                Doesn’t understand the difference between spending five socially distanced, masked minutes at a polling booth to fulfill one of our most basic rights as an American vs spending 4 hours inside a packed bar.

No need to raise eyebrows because I’m not surprised.

Comment

Working...
                                X