Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
    Cold does not understand what a free society is.
    if he feels unsafe going out or feels a mask will save his life, then he should do whatever he feels safe doing.
    I prefer to decide what want to do and any risk associated with my activities. I don't need a bunch of hack, communist politicians telling what I have to do. They are not our parents or rulers, last I heard they work for the people and should do what the people want. Very few want these over reaching mandates.
    And that’s the whole crux. If the most vulnerable just stayed at home and didn’t interact, then it shouldn’t be a problem for the less vulnerable to live life. We don’t get these days back and life is pretty damn short.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• There seems to be some data from the right and left that masks work but masks mandates do not work. That actually makes some sense to me.

Comment

• yep, they work so well!

Comment

• Horowitz: Ruling class openly saying fascism and masks will NEVER end. Will we FINALLY wake up? - TheBlaze

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

15 days to slow the spread. 6 months to reach herd immunity. So mask until May. That’s what you’re saying?
            I'm saying we will see stabilization this summer and normalcy return in the fall. This is exactly what Dr. Fauci says also, which is not a coincidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigman View Post
              That's called condensation. Masks cannot regulate the temperature of the air so it matches the cold outside.

Too bad the former president lost his Twitter account in his bid for insurrection otherwise he likely would have retweeted that "scientific demonstration". The author likely would have been awarded a post in his cabinet also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                Cold does not understand what a free society is.
                if he feels unsafe going out or feels a mask will save his life, then he should do whatever he feels safe doing.
                I prefer to decide what want to do and any risk associated with my activities. I don't need a bunch of hack, communist politicians telling what I have to do. They are not our parents or rulers, last I heard they work for the people and should do what the people want. Very few want these over reaching mandates.
                I don't wear a mask to save my life, I wear one to save yours, as well as my older loved ones.

They do work for the people and the new administration is trying to save lives despite a deluded segment of the country's best efforts to squander more. The measures the government is taking to combat Covid is similar to how building fire codes work. Left to their own devices, promoters and patrons at a popular music concert would pack the place to the rafters. Then if a fire broke out, half the people would die by fire, stampede, or smoke inhalation. If you don't like the fire code example we can discuss speed limits, stop lights and signs.

This entire debate over restrictions during a pandemic vs. LiBeRtY is about as insane as someone screaming LiBeRtY as their community is being evacuated during a flood or forest fire. When a fireman drags you from a burning building will you bite his arm in protest?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

And that’s the whole crux. If the most vulnerable just stayed at home and didn’t interact, then it shouldn’t be a problem for the less vulnerable to live life. We don’t get these days back and life is pretty damn short.
                  We covered this before... the vulnerable are cared for by the young. The vulnerable also have younger family members. With death not being the only bad outcome, there are people of all ages suffering from long-lasting effects of this disease.

You are correct that we don't get these days back and places like Australia, Germany, Taiwan, Japan, etc. etc. etc. lost a lot fewer days than we did in America and they have far stricter measures of control. They just have a more educated populace and unified government effort. They understand when their neighborhood goes into strict lockdown for 2 weeks, that it is for the good of the entire community and life will be back to normal in short order. They understand that if they allow their infections to spiral out of control (like those crazy Yankees) that they will suffer far longer and far worse than necessary.

Think of it like a severe cut on your arm. You could bleed while raising your fist crying LiBeRtYYYYY!1111, jump straight back into the creek, not trying to keep the wound clean or suffer the pain of applying antiseptic. Perhaps then the infection would worsen and you might eventually become septic or even require amputation of the limb. All because you simply wouldn't be bothered to keep the wound clean and restrict your activities until healed.

THAT, is the crux of it, and about as clear of an analogy as one can paint on the Covid issue in America.

Comment

• Facism/Populism ended in America on January, 20th, 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

That's called condensation. Masks cannot regulate the temperature of the air so it matches the cold outside.
                      Condensation is made of water droplets. Do you think mask efficacy is lower when it’s cold outside?
                      Livin the dream

Comment

I'm saying we will see stabilization this summer and normalcy return in the fall. This is exactly what Dr. Fauci says also, which is not a coincidence.
                        No coincidence at all...because all you do is regurgitate what the left tells you.

Comment

Condensation is made of water droplets. Do you think mask efficacy is lower when it’s cold outside?
                          Heck of a point. I'd imagine the condensed water droplets are massive in size relative to purely vaporized exhaled breath due to the surface tension of (non-vaporized) water too.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

No coincidence at all...because all you do is regurgitate what the left tells you.
                            It's called deferring to experts. It's how we learn.

Comment

It's called deferring to experts. It's how we learn.
                              Nope

Comment

Do you think mask efficacy is lower when it’s cold outside?
                                I cannot say for sure, but extreme cold air such as what we've been experiencing lately would likely make them fit a little less snug. Indoors, where it counts, shouldn't matter.

We already agree that cloth masks are mostly a diaper for catching large droplets. They may deflect some aerosols too, but nowhere near the efficacy of an N95 type.

No mask is air tight which is why blowing steam out in the cold and attempting to portray it as virus escaping is complete ignorance. N95's filter out viruses down to a certain size, it would be a defiance of the laws of physics that they would stop all air lol. The steam you see the fool blowing is changing after his breath leaves the warm confines of the mask and hits the cold air.

The fact that a grown man would go to all this trouble to fight the best weapon we currently have against the "invisible enemy" (does that term resonate better with you?) ;) --while simultaneously making himself look like an ass is an indication that there's much deprogramming left to do. If Trump said that noses were bad, people would be chopping them off left and right just to prove him correct. It's sad really.

P.S. Unplug

P.P.S. If somebody can find me the profile of the dude that recorded the TikTok video for the dumb and deluded, I'd like to have a laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X