Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

In ICU, being treated for SARS-Co-2, and have received full vaccinated status.
    Can you provide a link please? I was researching this earlier today and found conflicting information. Thanks!
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Can you provide a link please? I was researching this earlier today and found conflicting information. Thanks!
      From Aug 7, reported by local station.

Number SARS-Co-2 in ICU has increased overall to 87, with 20 having vaccinated.

Comment

• Hahahahaha cold is such a limp noodle when he’s been deplatformed. What a puss.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Thank you. I mistook your original post as saying 23% of ICU patients were vaccinated and being treated for covid. It’s 23% of Covid patients in ICU are vaccinated. The link was helpful!
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

He's not my idol bro.
            Sure he is, I don't see you criticizing him all the fellow democrats in their hypocrisy.

He single-handedly built my entire gun collection.
            Actually this just shows you lack any ability for critical thinking. You can't control your fears and you panic. Much like you are doing with Covid.

If everybody is vaccinated, I think it's reasonable for them to go mask free.
            You have been pushing propaganda that people who are vaxed can spread the virus. If you have that fear, then you must wear a mask. Come on, you are all over the place. Figure out what you believe.

I think it's also reasonable for some to wear masks if they are uncomfortable.
            So if you are not uncomfortable, then it would be reasonable to not wear a mask.

Comment

Number of vaccinated in ICU in Baton Rouge General up to 23%.

The only way to beat this virus is to not get it, or more probably get it, not be stubborn, and go get the anti-body treatment before you feel like you need to go to hospital.

Ego is the biggest killer. You go from a Cold to in ICU in a very short amount of time (as short as hours, and then it’s too late).

When you test positive, and EVERYONE eventually will, know before hand your options.
              While I appreciate your concern, and I'll admit it's a lot better to err on the cautious side with this insidious, alien, virus than to live in a world of delusion... your statement is just a little bit overdramatic based on the data we have now. Those vaccinated folks in the ICU are all north of 70, likely were vaccinated 5-6 mos. ago, and/or have compromised immune systems. There's also a tiny chance their vaccine wasn't stored properly. We all know how sensitive the Pfizer vaccines are to handling. Ultimately, these vaccines aren't 100%, but they are very, very effective STILL, in keeping you out of the hospital.

The bottom line is this, if you were vaccinated back in April and you are over 70, start looking for the Moderna option ASAP. That is the best advice I can give you at this time.

Also, if you are north of 50, you should have an oximeter in your home.

P.S. Costco shows that they have Moderna in stock.

Vaccines.gov helps you find clinics, pharmacies, and other locations that offer COVID‑19 vaccines in the United States.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Sure he is, I don't see you criticizing him all the fellow democrats in their hypocrisy.
                I don't follow politics.

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Actually this just shows you lack any ability for critical thinking. You can't control your fears and you panic. Much like you are doing with Covid.
                What it shows is that I am an opportunist. Guns were selling online for 2x and 3x their retail price during the time I built my collection. And that's all I'll say about that...

You have been pushing propaganda that people who are vaxed can spread the virus. If you have that fear, then you must wear a mask. Come on, you are all over the place. Figure out what you believe.
                Yes, people who are vaxxed can spread the virus. I don't fear it, I know it. But the reality is, those who are not vaccinated are not blameless and do not require the same compassion as the innocent did prior to when vaccines were available. My attitude on infection mitigation has shifted slightly, from early on in the pandemic. I have been very clear about that. I still believe that we are in real danger of having a mutation that nearly completely evades our current vaccine. Because of that I am open to every and all measures that will vaccinate the remaining unvaccinated so that we can dramatically slow the infection rate. I know that statement is going to confuse you so I'll clarify: Yes, you can still spread the virus while vaccinated, but the infection is less severe and shorter in duration amongst the vaccinated. Ideally we stop the infections altogether, but that would require hard lockdowns which is untenable at this point in time. Unfortunately we didn't slow the spread when we could due to some grave missteps by the previous administration. We have **** in our bed and now we have to sleep in it.

So if you are not uncomfortable, then it would be reasonable to not wear a mask.
                That is correct in the context of the scenario you presented: a party where all guests are vaccinated. A mask would be ideal, but you have to draw a line somewhere. Now, if you're talking about the vaccinated being in a large indoor setting with the unvaccinated, then it is prudent for the vaccinated to wear masks. Would I in that scenario? I don't know just yet. If I was asked to? Absolutely I would comply.
                Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; August 11, 2021, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

That is an interesting statistical anomaly for so many young, healthy people to die from Covid in one church. Especially since the 7 day rolling average for Covid deaths in Jacksonville is zero in the last month according to the NYT.
                  Thank you.....like I said, something isn't adding up.

Comment

https://www.wafb.com/2021/08/07/bato...ce-april-2020/

This is a screen capture from the video in your link, so I guess I'm confused by your figures. Looks like the vaccinated make up 8.5% of total patients, 4.9% of ICU patients, and 5% of patients on a vent. Where do you get 23% exactly?

I can only assume you are being intentionally sensational and misleading, or you are just super bad at teh maths.

Capture.JPG

Comment

• NYT article on breakthrough hospitalization and death rates. Mucho statistics. Pro tip: It ain't anywhere near 23%.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-vaccines.html

Comment

• An acquaintance of my wife recently suffered a stroke due to a Covid-19 infection the person didn't know they had. Early 30s, very healthy, avid runner. This person is well-educated, but bought into the conspiracy theory that the vaccine is the mark of the beast. Now has to undergo in-patient rehab for who knows how long.

This person's good friend, who also had Covid at the same time (one very likely gave it to the other) was vaccinated and suffered what amounted to bad cold symptoms for a couple of days.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          An acquaintance of my wife recently suffered a stroke due to a Covid-19 infection the person didn't know they had. Early 30s, very healthy, avid runner. This person is well-educated, but bought into the conspiracy theory that the vaccine is the mark of the beast. Now has to undergo in-patient rehab for who knows how long.

This person's good friend, who also had Covid at the same time (one very likely gave it to the other) was vaccinated and suffered what amounted to bad cold symptoms for a couple of days.
                          That is the insidious nature of this virus; extreme variability in outcome after infection.

Your post brings up a good question: now that we know the vaccines are losing their effectiveness, how does that affect the blood clotting of the vaccinated after breakthrough infections?

I still think a person should be taking a baby aspirin if they have symptomatic Covid. I don't know if the science agrees with me. If you are 70 and older and have an infection I would ask for a D-dimer test if available/practical. I've seen some scary variances within a group of infected old folk. Some had normal results, some were literally at the highest risk imaginable for stroke. Absolutely no difference in outward behavior between the infected that would correlate to higher stroke risk. They were completely oblivious. The attending physician nearly **** himself though when he looked at some of their results. If your doc already has you on a blood thinner, be glad.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

This is a screen capture from the video in your link, so I guess I'm confused by your figures. Looks like the vaccinated make up 8.5% of total patients, 4.9% of ICU patients, and 5% of patients on a vent. Where do you get 23% exactly?

I can only assume you are being intentionally sensational and misleading, or you are just super bad at teh maths.

Capture.JPG
                            It was a comparison of vaccinated in ICU vs unvaccinated in ICU. I also wasn’t following.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

That is the insidious nature of this virus; extreme variability in outcome after infection.

Your post brings up a good question: now that we know the vaccines are losing their effectiveness, how does that affect the blood clotting of the vaccinated after breakthrough infections?

I still think a person should be taking a baby aspirin if they have symptomatic Covid. I don't know if the science agrees with me. If you are 70 and older and have an infection I would ask for a D-dimer test if available/practical. I've seen some scary variances within a group of infected old folk. Some had normal results, some were literally at the highest risk imaginable for stroke. Absolutely no difference in outward behavior between the infected that would correlate to higher stroke risk. They were completely oblivious. The attending physician nearly **** himself though when he looked at some of their results. If your doc already has you on a blood thinner, be glad.
                              You misread his post.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I don't follow politics.

What it shows is that I am an opportunist. Guns were selling online for 2x and 3x their retail price during the time I built my collection. And that's all I'll say about that...

Yes, people who are vaxxed can spread the virus. I don't fear it, I know it. But the reality is, those who are not vaccinated are not blameless and do not require the same compassion as the innocent did prior to when vaccines were available. My attitude on infection mitigation has shifted slightly, from early on in the pandemic. I have been very clear about that. I still believe that we are in real danger of having a mutation that nearly completely evades our current vaccine. Because of that I am open to every and all measures that will vaccinate the remaining unvaccinated so that we can dramatically slow the infection rate. I know that statement is going to confuse you so I'll clarify: Yes, you can still spread the virus while vaccinated, but the infection is less severe and shorter in duration amongst the vaccinated. Ideally we stop the infections altogether, but that would require hard lockdowns which is untenable at this point in time. Unfortunately we didn't slow the spread when we could due to some grave missteps by the previous administration. We have **** in our bed and now we have to sleep in it.

That is correct in the context of the scenario you presented: a party where all guests are vaccinated. A mask would be ideal, but you have to draw a line somewhere. Now, if you're talking about the vaccinated being in a large indoor setting with the unvaccinated, then it is prudent for the vaccinated to wear masks. Would I in that scenario? I don't know just yet. If I was asked to? Absolutely I would comply.
                                Not into politics but drops a political smear in your second paragraph. Nobody outside of God himself or every living being on earth staying in their homes for 2 weeks would’ve stopped the spread of a virus. Keep living in fairytale land.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X