No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas Has Just 8 ICU Beds Left After Throwing Away 80,000 Doses of COVID Vaccine (msn.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

FuNcTioNAL Medicine "physician" specially TrAiNeD in immunology and inflammation ReGuLaTioN.

He is barely qualified to clean out the lavatories at the CDC.

He's an anti-masker, anti-vaxer, kook.

I suspect the reason his video is still up is because he really didn't say anything. Most of the irresponsible pseudo-science resides on "HiS FLaSh DrIvE".
      I am a very low handicap golfer and one could surmise I could barely clean out the lavatories at a PGA TOUR event. Believe it or not my voice and thoughts about things golf are respected at PGA Headquarters.

Comment

The point, my friend, they're trying to make is: vaccinated individuals can still spread the virus. They are encouraging vaccinated folks to wear masks so they can slow the spread among the unvaccinated. If you are at a party where everyone is vaccinated (within the last 6 mos.), you are fairly safe to socialize sans mask. Yes, there still is a chance someone could get really sick, but we are talking very low probability. Now, if you're at a blue-hair party, there is more danger. The immune system is going to be less effective the older you get. Vaccines will help most, but not all in that demographic.
        I am vaccinated. I no longer feel it is my responsibility to be overly concerned with the unvaccinated. They have chosen for whatever personal reasons they feel necessary that they will not get the vaccine and that is their choice and I respect their freedom to choose what they feel is best for them. I will not take precautions or wear a mask to protect them. I am done with masks (which don't work to substantially slow the spread anyway) and am moving on from this. I have done my part and am no longer willing to be subjected to the tyrannical games that our idiot politicians continue to play in an attempt to gain more power. I will not live in fear of a virus that we have taken every potential mitigating precaution to slow and have been successful at doing so. Viruses mutate and will be around (see the flu). We are not going to completely eradicate the China virus ever..ever...ever. Time to admit that and move on in a logical manner.

#byefauci

Comment

• https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/09/mode...with-time.html

Moderna may be superior to Pfizer against delta variant — breakthrough odds rise with time

• The mRNA vaccine from Pfizer and BioNTech may be less effective than Moderna’s against the delta variant of the coronavirus, according to two reports posted on medRxiv on Sunday ahead of peer review.
          • People who received their second dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine five or more months ago are more likely to test positive for Covid-19 than people who were fully vaccinated less than five months ago, new data suggest.
          The mRNA vaccine from Pfizer and BioNTech may be less effective than Moderna’s against the delta variant of the coronavirus, according to two reports posted on medRxiv on Sunday ahead of peer review. In a study of more than 50,000 patients in the Mayo Clinic Health System, researchers found the effectiveness of Moderna’s vaccine against infection had dropped to 76% in July - when the delta variant was predominant - from 86% in early 2021. Over the same period, the effectiveness of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine had fallen to 42% from 76%, researchers said. While both vaccines remain effective at preventing Covid hospitalization, a Moderna booster shot may be necessary soon for anyone who got the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines earlier this year, said Dr. Venky Soundararajan of Massachusetts data analytics company nference, who led the Mayo study.
          I don't know about you guys, but I think I'll be looking for a Moderna source for my folks, friends, and myself pretty soon before we enter the fall unless something new comes out.

Comment

• Rightwing radio host and anti-vaxxer dies of Covid

A rightwing TV and radio host who was a vociferous critic of Dr Anthony Fauci and who urged his listeners not to get vaccinated against Covid-19 has died after contracting the virus.

Dick Farrel, who had described Fauci as a “power-tripping, lying freak” who conspired with “power trip lib loons”, had urged people not to get vaccinated as recently as June.

He reportedly changed his opinion about vaccines after falling ill and later being admitted to hospital before passing away on 4 August aged 65. “He texted me and told me to ‘Get it!’ He told me this virus is no joke and he said, “I wish I had gotten [the vaccine]!” close friend Amy Leigh Hair wrote on Facebook.
            Farrel, a native of Queens, New York, anchored radio shows in Florida and also acted as a stand-in anchor for the rightwing news outlet Newsmax, was described as a pioneer “shock talk” host.

His partner, Kit Farley, said: “He was known as the other Rush Limbaugh. With a heavy heart, I can only say this was so unexpected. He will be missed.”

Described as an ardent supporter of Donald Trump, Farrel went all-in on unsubstantiated 2020 election fraud conspiracy theories about election fraud and questioned the efficacy of coronavirus vaccines.
            Too bad he didn't unplug in time. Another death to hang on the former president's mantle.

Hair told WPTV: “I was one of one the people like him who didn’t trust the vaccine. I trusted my immune system.
            Sounds like that Functional Quack from ShoxAAC's video. Vaccines work wrong! Vaccines work wrong!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Helpful and convincing take.
              He specifically said that vaccines are making the problem worse. Meanwhile, deaths among the vaccinated have fallen to near zero.

His rant amounted to nothing more than a screen test in hopes of getting onto Tucker's show.

Is that clearer for you?

Antibody mediated viral enhancement! Antibody mediated viral enhancement! Antibody mediated viral enhancement! Antibody mediated viral enhancement!

When vaccines work RONG! Vaccines are working RONGGGGg!!!!

What an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I am a very low handicap golfer and one could surmise I could barely clean out the lavatories at a PGA TOUR event. Believe it or not my voice and thoughts about things golf are respected at PGA Headquarters.
                I'm glad you are a great golfer and that you have the PGA Tour's ear. I suspect if you went to them saying that sand wedges should be banned because they offer no benefit in escaping sand traps, they would call you a kook.

P.S. And as long as you aren't anti-vax, I won't call you a kook... regardless of your feelings on sand wedges. ;)

Comment

He specifically said that vaccines are making the problem worse. Meanwhile, deaths among the vaccinated have fallen to near zero.

His rant amounted to nothing more than a screen test in hopes of getting onto Tucker's show.

Is that clearer for you?

Antibody mediated viral enhancement! Antibody mediated viral enhancement! Antibody mediated viral enhancement! Antibody mediated viral enhancement!

When vaccines work RONG! Vaccines are working RONGGGGg!!!!

What an idiot.
                  I think everyone is just trolling you. Your unhinged responses are hilarious.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I am vaccinated. I no longer feel it is my responsibility to be overly concerned with the unvaccinated. They have chosen for whatever personal reasons they feel necessary that they will not get the vaccine and that is their choice and I respect their freedom to choose what they feel is best for them. I will not take precautions or wear a mask to protect them. I am done with masks (which don't work to substantially slow the spread anyway) and am moving on from this. I have done my part and am no longer willing to be subjected to the tyrannical games that our idiot politicians continue to play in an attempt to gain more power. I will not live in fear of a virus that we have taken every potential mitigating precaution to slow and have been successful at doing so. Viruses mutate and will be around (see the flu). We are not going to completely eradicate the China virus ever..ever...ever. Time to admit that and move on in a logical manner.

#byefauci
                    You need not feel sorry for the unvaccinated. And they will get what's coming to them. But our future (as the vaccinated) absolutely hinges on the virus not taking a hard turn for the worst. It is in ALL our interests, to not encourage the proliferation of these variants (within reason).

Masks absolutely work in slowing community spread of viruses (including corona). This is a FACT.

Nobody is playing a tyrannical game regarding the pandemic.

I'm glad you don't live in fear. It's much easier to make good decisions with a clear head.

"Viruses mutate and will be around fore.. we're never gonna eradicate" blah blah blah. (See: Strawman, Appeal to Ignorance, False Dilemma)

Do better!

Comment

In a study of more than 50,000 patients in the Mayo Clinic Health System, researchers found the effectiveness of Moderna’s vaccine against infection had dropped to 76% in July - when the delta variant was predominant - from 86% in early 2021. Over the same period, the effectiveness of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine had fallen to 42% from 76%, researchers said. While both vaccines remain effective at preventing Covid hospitalization, a Moderna booster shot may be necessary soon for anyone who got the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines earlier this year, said Dr. Venky Soundararajan of Massachusetts data analytics company nference, who led the Mayo study.
                      Wait, is Mayo Clinic saying that people with prior cases of Covid have greater resistance than the vaxxed?

Compare the above to the following research on patients with a prior Covid infection:

"Protection of prior infection against symptomatic disease was 85%, and even including asymptomatic cases, protection offered against reinfection was 82%. Few patients were hospitalized following reinfection, and none with COVID-related symptoms required intensive care, suggesting a high level of protection against severe disease. Six months after infection, protection against symptomatic disease exceeded 90%." [source]

And at only 5 months of protection with a vax, are they also saying that people with previous infection have far longer protection?
                      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Meanwhile, deaths among the vaccinated have fallen to near zero.

Death is not the only bad outcome from COVID.

Comment

• Got any grapes?
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Wait a second - your idol was called out for his hypocrisy of not wearing a mask and you responded they were all vaccinated. Now you are saying vaccinated can spread the virus. Which is - Should your idol have been wearing a mask or not?
                            Lets go - answer the question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Wait, is Mayo Clinic saying that people with prior cases of Covid have greater resistance than the vaxxed?

Compare the above to the following research on patients with a prior Covid infection:

"Protection of prior infection against symptomatic disease was 85%, and even including asymptomatic cases, protection offered against reinfection was 82%. Few patients were hospitalized following reinfection, and none with COVID-related symptoms required intensive care, suggesting a high level of protection against severe disease. Six months after infection, protection against symptomatic disease exceeded 90%." [source]

And at only 5 months of protection with a vax, are they also saying that people with previous infection have far longer protection?
                              Your post is interesting.

I would say that in the initial 6 mos. of the pandemic, the data showed that those who had symptomatic infections had at least 6 mos. of protection. That was the early consensus. Fauci from the very start said that coronavirus immunity is not durable and likely will wane around the 6 month period.

The problem is the variants. They are reinfecting the once symptomatic, and causing breakthrough infections among some of the vaccinated.

The Delta variant has changed the game. My personal opinion, and one shared by many top infectious disease professionals, is that if you had a strong case of Covid, you have immunity on par w/ the vaccine. But... if I had a tough go with Das Alien, I would still get vaccinated because... why not. Sure can't hurt. And maybe it gives extra protection by poking the ol' immune system again. I certainly wouldn't get the vaccine soon after recovering though, I would wait several months (3-6).

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Lets go - answer the question.
                                He's not my idol bro. He single-handedly built my entire gun collection.

If everybody is vaccinated, I think it's reasonable for them to go mask free. I think it's also reasonable for some to wear masks if they are uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X