Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
    Atlwsu tested positive today. Feels very much like a sinus infection. Daughter who has the same symptoms and is in the mend is testing tomorrow. She worked from home last week and did not miss a day.

Mrs Atlwsu is a few days behind me. She is 69 with asthma. I am 71 with some minor issues.

We are basically quarantining in our bed room. None of the teenagers have any symptoms. But keeping them home for two weeks maybe a problem
    Get well soon, all of you!
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Are there any rapid active infection testing facilities in the Wichita area? I know there are rapid antibody tests at Dillons, but what about active infections?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Are there any rapid active infection testing facilities in the Wichita area? I know there are rapid antibody tests at Dillons, but what about active infections?
        Maybe call up one of those little immediate care places scattered around town? I think a lot of them have rapid tests, but you're gonna have to pay.

Comment

Are there any rapid active infection testing facilities in the Wichita area? I know there are rapid antibody tests at Dillons, but what about active infections?
          Most everybody has rapid testing available now. You will probably want to get both though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Most everybody has rapid testing available now. You will probably want to get both though.
            Ja, we found out that the 4H building at 21st and Ridge has a 24-48 hour response. They use WSU too. Kinda cool. From what I was seeing, most places were still 2-3 days for results, but maybe they just haven't updated their sites with current information if you are seeing most places having rapid tests?

Comment

• Two new medical studies suggest that people who are infected once with COVID-19 are very unlikely to test positive again for up to six months and possibly longer.

Two new medical studies suggest that people who are infected once with COVID-19 are very unlikely to test positive again for up to six months and possibly longer.

Researchers found that people with antibodies from natural infections were "at much lower risk ... on the order of the same kind of protection you'd get from an effective vaccine," of getting the virus again, said Dr. Ned Sharpless, director of the U.S. National Cancer Institute, which conducted one of the studies.

"It's very, very rare" to get reinfected, he said.

Comment

• I’m sure the doctor is a kook who has no idea what he’s talking about and an insult to science.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Ja, we found out that the 4H building at 21st and Ridge has a 24-48 hour response. They use WSU too. Kinda cool. From what I was seeing, most places were still 2-3 days for results, but maybe they just haven't updated their sites with current information if you are seeing most places having rapid tests?
                  I am just basing it on my family experience. West Wichita had rapid testing. Med Express had rapid testing. CVS has rapid testing. That is where I believe everybody got their rapid test at in my family.

Problem we found with rapid testing is there seems to be a specific window you have to be in to get accurate results. 9 people in my immediate family where all confirmed covid positive.

7 had rapid test, only 3 came back positive. 6 of the 7 were also given the regular test (2-3 day) and 5 came back positive. The 2 that did not have a positive test either rapid or regular came back positive with anti-body tests. One person in this group who had the worst symptoms, had like 5 tests, all negative (but positive for antibody).

2 others where confirmed positive with antibody tests only.

Comment

I am just basing it on my family experience. West Wichita had rapid testing. Med Express had rapid testing. CVS has rapid testing. That is where I believe everybody got their rapid test at in my family.

Problem we found with rapid testing is there seems to be a specific window you have to be in to get accurate results. 9 people in my immediate family where all confirmed covid positive.

7 had rapid test, only 3 came back positive. 6 of the 7 were also given the regular test (2-3 day) and 5 came back positive. The 2 that did not have a positive test either rapid or regular came back positive with anti-body tests. One person in this group who had the worst symptoms, had like 5 tests, all negative (but positive for antibody).

What a mess!

Comment

And this is why we should all trust the data.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

And this is why we should all trust the data.
                        So, you're probably the guy who will look high and low for a bar that's open so you can celebrate NYE, amIrite?

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

So, you're probably the guy who will look high and low for a bar that's open so you can celebrate NYE, amIrite?
                          I have 2 kids under 2. I don’t drink. I think NYE is overrated.

Try again.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I have 2 kids under 2. I don’t drink. I think NYE is overrated.

Try again.
                            I didn't pay attention to kid #2, congrats, and I'm pretty sure Mrs. Fever deserves a medal or 7 for her work lately....not that she hadn't deserved them before.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I didn't pay attention to kid #2, congrats, and I'm pretty sure Mrs. Fever deserves a medal or 7 for her work lately....not that she hadn't deserved them before.
                              Ha! I appreciate that Doc! The second Feverite arrived about 6 weeks ago. We don’t believe in stop gaps apparently.

She does indeed and I will pass the sentiments along to her. Thanks a lot!
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Ha! I appreciate that Doc! The second Feverite arrived about 6 weeks ago. We don’t believe in stop gaps apparently.

She does indeed and I will pass the sentiments along to her. Thanks a lot!
                                Congrats. It is nice to hear of some good things happening this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X