Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Now it's grandma and grandpa's fault?

Is that the new line out of the White House?

I'll humor you. If Grandma and Grandpa can't stay out of the Sizzler during the pandemic, then they deserve whatever they get. But every single aged person I know is sitting at home very still with great concern. It is the "kids" who deliver this (sometimes) deadly gift unknowingly.
    Again, why are grandma and grandpa letting the kids come over? Are they forcing entry?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      My 88 year old grandma was one of the lucky 20 out of 21 that survived her battle with Covid while over the age of 80. She was also lucky to survive generally this year as only 22 of 23 survive annually at her age.
      Along with my 86 year old grandpa. Those are automatic death certificates according to some fear mongers.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Coronavirus-specific T cells and B cells last longer than antibodies, and analyses of them suggest immunity to the virus could last years.

Comment

My 88 year old grandma was one of the lucky 20 out of 21 that survived her battle with Covid while over the age of 80. She was also lucky to survive generally this year as only 22 of 23 survive annually at her age.
          Nice try...
          Glad to hear grandma made it!

P.S. Covid is real.

P.P.S. Dr. Atlas is beaming with pride right now.

P.P.S. Did my extremely sensitive antennae just pick up a very subtle ageist inference.

Comment

I went to the mobile vaccine trailer prior to their reported closing time and it had already left. :(

I did call another testing center on S. Rock Rd. that told me I could join the AstraZeneca trial but it would last 11 visits over 2 years???!!! I was like... it will be approved for worldwide distribution in a matter of months. She was like IDK. I'm assuming this outfit gets govt. money and operates in the old pre-Covid ways where vaccines take forever to get approved. Each of the 11 visits pays $120 bucks and the first visit counts as a dbl. So they do pay you for your time which is nice. But there are many blood-tests and lots of time involved. The mobile testing center is not affiliated with the outfit on S. Rock Road and apparently just gives you a shot and you're off. :)

I did ask the RR center if they administer the partial or full dose. She replied IDK.

I'm gonna try again on Monday to go the quick route. Gimme my shot and I'll kindly GTFO! No payment required. :)
            When you do, make sure you find out whether it is the full dose or half dose?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

When you do, make sure you find out whether it is the full dose or half dose?
              For sure. But I read that AstraZeneca was going to continue with the full doses since the half-dose was an accident.

I'm fine either way as I'm counting on not only antibodies but a sharpening of my T-cells. If I don't get the real thing or notice much antibody activity after my serology test, I'll take another vaccine by another manufacturer when it becomes available. I'll consider the AZ vaccine a bridge to my next vaccine.

CB always has a plan.

Comment

Nice try...

P.S. Covid is real.

P.P.S. Did my extremely sensitive antennae just pick up a very subtle ageist inference.
                Covid is real. Some people die. Most do not.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Nice try...

P.S. Covid is real.

Atlas may be good in his field, but outside his field of expertise, he is a quack. Based on his track record of things outside his field (like COVID), I'm not sure I would trust his judgement within his field of expertise. He may be pushing discredited cures in that practice areas as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Atlas may be good in his field, but outside his field of expertise, he is a quack. Based on his track record of things outside his field (like COVID), I'm not sure I would trust his judgement within his field of expertise. He may be pushing discredited cures in that practice areas as well.
                    Nope, he's a Stanford guy.
                    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Called it.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

For sure. But I read that AstraZeneca was going to continue with the full doses since the half-dose was an accident.

I'm fine either way as I'm counting on not only antibodies but a sharpening of my T-cells. If I don't get the real thing or notice much antibody activity after my serology test, I'll take another vaccine by another manufacturer when it becomes available. I'll consider the AZ vaccine a bridge to my next vaccine.

CB always has a plan.
                        Well the accident has cause the experts to question if their trial results are even accurate.

Comment

Yeah bro, you may have not picked up on my sarcasm.

Atlas needs to have his license suspended and be investigated for malpractice. He's violated his Hippocratic Oath and sold his soul to the orange devil to become the laughing stock of the medical industry.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Well the accident has cause the experts to question if their trial results are even accurate.
                            I came on this site today to post an update to my thinking on the issue and it looks like we're on the same brainwave.

AstraZeneca has not been forthright with the public during their qualification process preferring to speak to Wall Street analysts over newspapers. When they had the first participant come down with neurological issues they tried to keep it quiet for a while. After "not finding a connection" to their drug, they were allowed to continue. They actually had problems with two participants. They are also considered a newcomer to the vaccine field. While the odds of everything working out okay are still very high, I think I am going to forgo the trial opportunity as we're only a few months away from getting a better bet from a couple vaccine titans.

I may change my mind before Monday, but that is where my thinking is at right now.

Comment

Covid is real. Some people die. Most do not.

But death is not the only bad outcome.
                              FIFY

Comment

• Doctor: “Daily Covid-19 deaths will soon double after Thanksgiving”

Thanksgiving this year comes at a critical point in the country's battle against Covid-19. The pandemic is already ravaging many American communities and experts fear traditional celebrations and gatherings will in a few weeks translate to a case surge stacked on top of the current one.

Every day since November 3, more than 100,000 new infections have been reported. Every day for more than two weeks, climbing hospitalizations hit another national record. And every single day, hundreds of Americans die of the virus, with both Tuesday and Wednesday recording a daily death toll of more than 2,100 deaths.

The devastating numbers show no sign of slowing down. One expert predicts daily deaths will double in just a matter of days.
                                "When you look at people who are hospitalized today, they were infected two weeks ago, maybe more. So, it takes about five to seven days to become symptomatic," Dr. Jonathan Reiner, a professor of medicine at George Washington University, said. "Usually, it takes about another week to be sick enough to be hospitalized so that's two weeks at least, and then it takes usually another week for folks to succumb to the illness."

"I expect that the daily death rate will double in the next 10 days," he said. "We'll be seeing close to 4,000 deaths a day."

More than 262,100 people have died in the US since the pandemic's start. An ensemble forecast published by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Wednesday projects nearly another 60,000 could lose their lives over the next three and a half weeks.
                                Here's a nice holiday article worthy of The Death Angel to share.

4k daily deaths? I would have never guessed we'd reach that number, but now I'm morbidly interested to see if we do. This is not an expert modeler by any means. It's all lined up though. Thanksgiving will absolutely be a super spreading event occurring at the steepest infection slope we've seen to date. This should take us right into Christmas with our great nation buried in Covid deaths.

I do hope Mr. Trump has a long holiday season as he reflects on some of his actions during the pandemic. Hopefully he doesn't get one second of television coverage and they keep it glued on Biden who is speaking like a rational person during a pandemic.

Comment

Working...
                                X