X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Pretty effing real...

Restaurants and bars will be full tonight as usual. *sigh*
    Hey, over 7.6 million recoveries!! Great news.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Hey, over 7.6 million recoveries!! Great news.
      Actually your statement is incorrect and that column label is deceptive. It should read 7.6M survived, not recovered. There will be 10's of thousands in that group who are still suffering and cannot work. Some suffering tremendously.

Good news on my friend who had lost her sense of smell and taste since July; she seems to be finally regenerating some of her nasal machinery and could taste a banana for the first time in 5 months the other day. She was soooo happy. Little victories. :)

For 5 months she could even smell if her house was on fire.

Comment

Worry not! My IQ ranking is quite stable. In fact, you might say that I am a stable genius.

The phrase I continue to repeat is nuanced. I am not surprised it would confuse you. Make no mistake though, it is absolutely directed at you and a handful of others on here.
        IQ is not constant. It increases from 20 to 30...flat lines, and begins to decrease in your late 50s.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Pretty effing real...

Woohoo!

I prefer to drink alone, but live vicariously through those that are whimsical in nature.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Actually your statement is incorrect and that column label is deceptive. It should read 7.6M survived, not recovered. There will be 10's of thousands in that group who are still suffering and cannot work. Some suffering tremendously.

Good news on my friend who had lost her sense of smell and taste since July; she seems to be finally regenerating some of her nasal machinery and could taste a banana for the first time in 5 months the other day. She was soooo happy. Little victories. :)

For 5 months she could even smell if her house was on fire.
            Tsk, tsk. It means recovered. Your semantic game demonstrates your inability to cope with facts.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Plenty of AstraZeneca trial left. You have a 2 n 3 chance of rolling pay dirt. Go get yours tomorrow!
              Did you get the full dose or the half dose?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Did you get the full dose or the half dose?

I went to the mobile vaccine trailer prior to their reported closing time and it had already left. :(

I did call another testing center on S. Rock Rd. that told me I could join the AstraZeneca trial but it would last 11 visits over 2 years???!!! I was like... it will be approved for worldwide distribution in a matter of months. She was like IDK. I'm assuming this outfit gets govt. money and operates in the old pre-Covid ways where vaccines take forever to get approved. Each of the 11 visits pays $120 bucks and the first visit counts as a dbl. So they do pay you for your time which is nice. But there are many blood-tests and lots of time involved. The mobile testing center is not affiliated with the outfit on S. Rock Road and apparently just gives you a shot and you're off. :)

I did ask the RR center if they administer the partial or full dose. She replied IDK.

I'm gonna try again on Monday to go the quick route. Gimme my shot and I'll kindly GTFO! No payment required. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Tsk, tsk. It means recovered. Your semantic game demonstrates your inability to cope with facts.
                  Another bad day at work dad?

Come give me a hug!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

IQ is not constant. It increases from 20 to 30...flat lines, and begins to decrease in your late 50s.
                    My fluid IQ and overall processing speed is absolutely stunning. You'll have to experience CB in person to gain that perspective. Positively limitless.

Comment

My fluid IQ and overall processing speed is absolutely stunning. You'll have to experience CB in person to gain that perspective. Positively limitless.
                      Indeed!
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Pretty effing real...

Doesn’t some of the responsibility bare on the higher risk individuals that leave their homes or remain in their homes but let people come over? Why is all of the responsibility on everybody else?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Doesn’t some of the responsibility bare on the higher risk individuals that leave their homes or remain in their homes but let people come over? Why is all of the responsibility on everybody else?
                          Everybody bears responsibility, but the reality is, if you open the bars and restaurants to indoor dining, certain people are going to fill them up. There is a reason we have stop signs and speed limits then enlist LEO's to enforce them. Most people are not very self-accountable. And no, this doesn't mean we need the government making decisions for us in times of peace. But in a pandemic, where there are massive spillover consequences, yes - we need more restrictions and we need penalties to go along with them until the infections subside.
                          Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; November 25, 2020, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• That doesn’t answer the question. Of course we all bare responsibility for our own actions. Why are the rest of us responsible for sick grandma and grandpa who know they are higher risk yet leave the house and put themselves in such grave danger? You can literally get anything you want delivered at virtually any time of day.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              That doesn’t answer the question. Of course we all bare responsibility for our own actions. Why are the rest of us responsible for sick grandma and grandpa who know they are higher risk yet leave the house and put themselves in such grave danger? You can literally get anything you want delivered at virtually any time of day.
                              Now it's grandma and grandpa's fault?

Is that the new line out of the White House?

I'll humor you. If Grandma and Grandpa can't stay out of the Sizzler during the pandemic, then they deserve whatever they get. But every single aged person I know is sitting at home very still with great concern. It is the "kids" who deliver this (sometimes) deadly gift unknowingly.

Comment

• My 88 year old grandma was one of the lucky 20 out of 21 that survived her battle with Covid while over the age of 80. She was also lucky to survive generally this year as only 22 of 23 survive annually at her age.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X