Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Ummm ....

I don't know why you're so stuck on Sweden, the whole context of this discussion is HISPANIC people in the UNITED STATES. Last time I saw, there were very few HISPANIC people in Sweden.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...isparities.htm

Check table 3a.

Looks like the death rate peaks out at 35 to 44 at about 25% above the norm (and starts around 20). Not only that, check the racial distribution in Starr County, Hidalgo County, Willacy County, and Cameron County. Also check Bexar and Nueces County as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

I don't know why you're so stuck on Sweden, the whole context of this discussion is HISPANIC people in the UNITED STATES. Last time I saw, there were very few HISPANIC people in Sweden.
      Because Sweden is one of the only countries to show us what will happen when you don't lock down, but inform your populous as to what is going on.

Do you think Covid is racist, or do you think there are some cultural behavior and/or language barriers involved in the hispanic populations' being overwhelmed? Or something else?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Because Sweden is one of the only countries to show us what will happen when you don't lock down, but inform your populous as to what is going on.

Do you think Covid is racist, or do you think there are some cultural behavior and/or language barriers involved in the hispanic populations' being overwhelmed? Or something else?
        *Trying to avoid politically tinged sarcastic response*

Comment

• Well, it's good to see that not much has changed around here. Deny, deny, deny...

I'll once again sprinkle in a little rational thought amongst all of the faith circulating.

#1) Death is not the only bad Covid outcome.

#2) Nobody believes we will have massive children dying in the streets from Covid, but rational individuals KNOW that older positive children can and will infect their guardians/teachers continuing the spread.

Here's some interesting additional science related to "my theory" of the Covid Syndrome that we may possibly be facing in the future from all these infections:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2768915

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and the Heart—Is Heart Failure the Next Chapter?
          The discoveries highlighted in this issue of JAMA Cardiology by Puntmann and colleagues5 are also informative. In 100 recovering patients included in the study, 67% of whom recovered at home, evaluated a mean of 71 days after confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis, 78% had demonstrable cardiac involvement via cardiac magnetic resonance imaging, 76% had detectable high-sensitivity troponin, and 60% had evidence of active myocardial inflammation by abnormal native T1 and T2. Compared with controls including those with a similar profile of preexisting conditions, left ventricular ejection fraction was lower and volumes higher, as well as 32% manifesting late gadolinium enhancement and 22% with pericardial involvement. There are important residual questions about potential selection bias and generalizability and not all of the patients may have recovered, but the observations cannot be dismissed. Months after a COVID-19 diagnosis, the possibility exists of residual left ventricular dysfunction and ongoing inflammation, both of sufficient concern to represent a nidus for new-onset heart failure and other cardiovascular complications. Moreover, we cannot dismiss important other clinical pathophysiological observations, including clinical syndromes consistent with acute myocarditis, the cascade of immunologic responses, a prothrombotic milieu with microvascular clot formation, and/or myocardial injury due to supply-demand mismatch.
          I'd like to know the age of the affected, but there's ample evidence of cardiac involvement in other well documented cases in all age groups (even children).

Two 21 yr olds with cardiac affection:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coron...-heart-failure

https://academic.oup.com/eurheartj/a...9/1859/5819437

I think I was asked a while back about evidence of infections happening in churches. Here's a humdinger of an example:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...on-91-n1236030

One man with coronavirus attending Ohio church service led to infection of 91 others

"It spread like wildfire," Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine said of the case. "All it takes is one person to cause tremendous #COVID19 spread."

The virus isn't a Democrat Atheist, it does not discriminate. If you congregate indoors (in churches, bars, or libraries), you are going to continue the spread and lengthen/deepen the deleterious effects Covid-19 will have on our great country.

It's YOUR (OUR) job to stop the transmission in the best way we can, which is not becoming a host ourselves.

We also need not be Covid deniers. Wearing a mask while scoffing to your neighbor may cause him/her to lose vigilance. Let's be smart and de-politicize the pandemic.

A vaccine is coming sooner rather than later. For those of you sacrificing... thanks and keep it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            Well, it's good to see that not much has changed around here. Deny, deny, deny...

I'll once again sprinkle in a little rational thought amongst all of the faith circulating.

#1) Death is not the only bad Covid outcome.

#2) Nobody believes we will have massive children dying in the streets from Covid, but rational individuals KNOW that older positive children can and will infect their guardians/teachers continuing the spread.

Here's some interesting additional science related to "my theory" of the Covid Syndrome that we may possibly be facing in the future from all these infections:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2768915

I'd like to know the age of the affected, but there's ample evidence of cardiac involvement in other well documented cases in all age groups (even children).

Two 21 yr olds with cardiac affection:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coron...-heart-failure

https://academic.oup.com/eurheartj/a...9/1859/5819437

I think I was asked a while back about evidence of infections happening in churches. Here's a humdinger of an example:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...on-91-n1236030

The virus isn't a Democrat Atheist, it does not discriminate. If you congregate indoors (in churches, bars, or libraries), you are going to continue the spread and lengthen/deepen the deleterious effects Covid-19 will have on our great country.

It's YOUR (OUR) job to stop the transmission in the best way we can, which is not becoming a host ourselves.

We also need not be Covid deniers. Wearing a mask while scoffing to your neighbor may cause him/her to lose vigilance. Let's be smart and de-politicize the pandemic.

A vaccine is coming sooner rather than later. For those of you sacrificing... thanks and keep it up!
            ONE church example! Awesome Cold...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Yep. We've been told for a month and a half now that all of these young people will end up dying, and it just hasn't happened. The "lag" is...well...lagging. Sweden is the model!!
              At current rates, we are ~20 days away from passing Sweden in deaths per capita even with the advancements in treatment shown above. Anyone think the media will run redactions on all of the stories they posted the last few weeks about how wrong Sweden was? Even while their numbers were plummeting...

Im not saying Sweden was right by any means. Only time will tell, and with the lack of knowledge about the virus at the time, it was a very very dangerous gamble. But it seems far too many people In our country get their mind made up and refuse to accept or investigate any theories that are counter to their own narrative.

Comment

It's not just the kids with mental health problems. I am in meetings most of the day, people seem to be a lot more defensive and have shorter fuses. A couple of people I know got campers and took a working vacation (which I thought was odd behavrior). An Army Sergeant in San Antonio took his family out (I think it was 4 or 5 people), I am suspicious that it was from the pandemic.

So what kind of a policy do you do? Lock down to reduce spread and needless deaths at the risk of increased mental health issues OR not do anything, keep everything open, no risk mitigation and watch people in their 20's, 30's and 40's die (let alone healthy old people)? It's easier (at least at this time) to quantify the death rate from the virus, so that's probably why they are focused on lowering the death count from the virus. I'm sure at some point we will have more information and it will be better quantified, but that will probably be after this is over.

Also note that in areas where latinx's live, this virus is especially deadly to them. Much higher rate of infection, much worse morbidity. Google covid and Rio Grande Valley and see what comes back. Laredo and the valley were very tightly locked down until our governor overrode their local orders. Laredo had a curfew and was jailing people for violating that and not wearing a mask in public.

And by the way, I asked you to produce evidence backing your positions up, but apparently you couldn't do it. So you look like a hypocrite when you take shots at me like that, just saying. Why don't you show the evidence that you have or quit criticizing.
                Latinx!!! Thxt xs sx wxkx xf yxx.
                Livin the dream

Comment

It's not just the kids with mental health problems. I am in meetings most of the day, people seem to be a lot more defensive and have shorter fuses. A couple of people I know got campers and took a working vacation (which I thought was odd behavrior). An Army Sergeant in San Antonio took his family out (I think it was 4 or 5 people), I am suspicious that it was from the pandemic.

So what kind of a policy do you do? Lock down to reduce spread and needless deaths at the risk of increased mental health issues OR not do anything, keep everything open, no risk mitigation and watch people in their 20's, 30's and 40's die (let alone healthy old people)? It's easier (at least at this time) to quantify the death rate from the virus, so that's probably why they are focused on lowering the death count from the virus. I'm sure at some point we will have more information and it will be better quantified, but that will probably be after this is over.

Also note that in areas where latinx's live, this virus is especially deadly to them. Much higher rate of infection, much worse morbidity. Google covid and Rio Grande Valley and see what comes back. Laredo and the valley were very tightly locked down until our governor overrode their local orders. Laredo had a curfew and was jailing people for violating that and not wearing a mask in public.

And by the way, I asked you to produce evidence backing your positions up, but apparently you couldn't do it. So you look like a hypocrite when you take shots at me like that, just saying. Why don't you show the evidence that you have or quit criticizing.
                  The position isn’t open everything and kill people. It is open everything and create herd immunity with minimal death. Why do you care? You’ve locked yourself down.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...isparities.htm

Check table 3a.

Looks like the death rate peaks out at 35 to 44 at about 25% above the norm (and starts around 20). Not only that, check the racial distribution in Starr County, Hidalgo County, Willacy County, and Cameron County. Also check Bexar and Nueces County as well.
                    Sweden didn’t do anything other than require masks when on mass transit. That’s why Sweden. Besides, I thought you were talking about children.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• The state of California spent $12 million to prepare the Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento for the huge influx of covid patients...and they saw 9 patients total over a 10 week period. 5 of the patients were from nursing homes and none were severely sick to need round the clock care. Makes sense...

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...al-coronavirus

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        The state of California spent $12 million to prepare the Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento for the huge influx of covid patients...and they saw 9 patients total over a 10 week period. 5 of the patients were from nursing homes and none were severely sick to need round the clock care. Makes sense...

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...al-coronavirus
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

No wonder the owner of the Kings who owns the arena was smiling so broadly at the press conference. He knew he had just fleeced the state.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Latinx!!! Thxt xs sx wxkx xf yxx.
                            Sxrry xf x trxggxrxd yxx. Xrx yxx strxssxd xxt xr sxmxthxng?

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

The position isn’t open everything and kill people. It is open everything and create herd immunity with minimal death. Why do you care? You’ve locked yourself down.
                              X cxrx bxcxxsx X xm xntxtlxd tx my xpxnxxn. Thxs xs nxt x dxtxtxrshxp, nxt xt lxxt yxt.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X