Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Oh no, it's much more complicated than that. Cindy and Joey work at the pharmacy where grandma and grandpa visit, they also work at the doctor's office, the care home, the assisted living center, the garden center, the grocery store, all restaurants fast food or otherwise.

Cindy and Joey are everywhere.

The only way you make grandma and grandpa safe is to literally lock them inside a house and never let them leave. Weld THEIR doors shut so Cindy and Joey can hit their fav club and dive bar rocking out with their cox out!!!1111

And grandma and grandpa are far from the only ones at risk from the insidious, demon seed. People in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, and on up are at risk. Plenty of poor outcomes besides death. And the little tykes don't even get a free pass. You gotta watch them for MIS-C. But that never happens right? Well, a gal I went on a "park date" w/ had to rush her child to the emergency room with a massive rash and internal irregularities (I forget which). Both her children had MIS-C and it showed up 6-8 wks after mom passed the alien bug.
    But grandma and grandpa wear masks and social distance. It shouldn’t be a problem.

Its a virus. You can’t contain it.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

But grandma and grandpa wear masks and social distance. It shouldn’t be a problem.

Its a virus. You can’t contain it.
      You can't contain it, but you can greatly lower its spread to the point that life can go on fairly normally. Just ask the Asian folks or the good folks in Germany, Australia.

And it's not just grandma and grandpa wearing masks and socially distancing, it's Cindy and Joey that must social distance too.

A mask is not a ******* force field. Neither is a condom. But statistically (over a large sample set) they make a very big difference. Everybody wears them and the virus basically dies on the vine with a tiny flare up here and there.

Comment

FIFY
        I don’t know what you are “fixing” by throwing an additional statement on the end.

Maybe Covid has nasty side effects we find out about in 5 years. Maybe the vaccine does too. There’s no sense in worrying about the unknown. Here’s a few viruses that have negative outcomes other than death:

Chicken Pox
        Polio
        HPV

Dont go outside. Don’t have sex. Then you don’t have to worry about whether or not you will develop some horrible illness now or in the future.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• I just want to say that I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my extended family! We had three Covid recovered folks over 68 and four under 30 (three of which were asymptomatic during infection). So 35% of those in attendance have recovered, and I’m not sure about the four children under the age of 6 that lived with infected adults.

We didn’t ware masks, we gathered at the table, and had wonderful conversation before taking the children to a public playground where they ran and played with other kids. If any of the kids misbehaved, we teased them that we were going to make them play basketball for Gregg Marshall, and he would straighten them out one way or another! Fortunately, that kept them in line. It was truly a blessing to see so many smiles!

I hope everyone has the opportunity to spend time with their loved ones during this holiday season!
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I don’t know what you are “fixing” by throwing an additional statement on the end.

Maybe Covid has nasty side effects we find out about in 5 years. Maybe the vaccine does too. There’s no sense in worrying about the unknown. Here’s a few viruses that have negative outcomes other than death:

Chicken Pox
            Polio
            HPV

Dont go outside. Don’t have sex. Then you don’t have to worry about whether or not you will develop some horrible illness now or in the future.
            Oh we already know that Covid has some nasty long-term side effects. We could debate the definition of "long-term" and watch it evolve over time. I do hope long-term becomes intermediate-term when it's all said and done.

Quite an eclectic viral comparison. I sure hope we're not comparing Covid to Polio or we could be in a world of hurt.

As far as HPV and sex is concerned, the risk is fairly limited to the parties making their risk/reward decision. No need for government intervention beyond public education. Grandma enjoying her cup of coffee and Big Breakfast at Mc'Donald's, doesn't have to worry about the young fella sitting next to her who was balls deep into the town whore the previous night.

***Public Service Announcement***: Speaking of HPV, and more specifically, persistent strains of HPV; for all the young (and old) gentlemen that might be reading this post, do your due diligence before you bury your rascal - or maybe even more importantly your face - into your new lady friend. Have that talk before you get physical and ask if she's had any irregular exams. If she's getting cervical cryotherapy and/or coming up positive for HPV over an extended period of time, you might want to forego the oral foreplay as sad as that may sound. HVP-related head and neck cancers are becoming quite the silent epidemic. The good news is, the survival rate is fairly high compared to other types of cancer. Normal sex with a condom (used appropriately) should provide sufficient protection. And yes, HPV and penile cancer is a thing...

P.S. HPV vaccinations are available for those under the age of 45!

"Doctor" CB is... OUUUT!
            Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; November 27, 2020, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              I just want to say that I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my extended family! We had three Covid recovered folks over 68 and four under 30 (three of which were asymptomatic during infection). So 35% of those in attendance have recovered, and I’m not sure about the four children under the age of 6 that lived with infected adults.

We didn’t ware masks, we gathered at the table, and had wonderful conversation before taking the children to a public playground where they ran and played with other kids. If any of the kids misbehaved, we teased them that we were going to make them play basketball for Gregg Marshall, and he would straighten them out one way or another! Fortunately, that kept them in line. It was truly a blessing to see so many smiles!

I hope everyone has the opportunity to spend time with their loved ones during this holiday season!
              "WARE" your masks folks!

And if you decided to not have a regular Thanksgiving in hopes of protecting yourselves and the folks you'll never likely meet, let me be the first to tip my hat to ya's.

For all those that did have a normal Thanksgiving celebration... and millions did... ...karma is a *****.

270k dead with 60k more predicted to die over the next 3 weeks. What a lovely Christmas this will be.

Ho... Ho... Ho...

Comment

"WARE" your masks folks!

And if you decided to not have a regular Thanksgiving in hopes of protecting yourselves and the folks you'll never likely meet, let me be the first to tip my hat to ya's.

For all those that did have a normal Thanksgiving celebration... and millions did... ...karma is a *****.

270k dead with 60k more predicted to die over the next 3 weeks. What a lovely Christmas this will be.

Ho... Ho... Ho...
                Let's pin that 60K prediction and revisit that in 3 weeks. Just like MILLIONS were going to die when this whole thing started and Trump was being Xenophobic against China and the Kung Flu.

Comment

https://kyma.com/dsw-living/health/2...-thanksgiving/

Doctor: “Daily Covid-19 deaths will soon double after Thanksgiving”

Here's a nice holiday article worthy of The Death Angel to share.

4k daily deaths? I would have never guessed we'd reach that number, but now I'm morbidly interested to see if we do. This is not an expert modeler by any means. It's all lined up though. Thanksgiving will absolutely be a super spreading event occurring at the steepest infection slope we've seen to date. This should take us right into Christmas with our great nation buried in Covid deaths.

I do hope Mr. Trump has a long holiday season as he reflects on some of his actions during the pandemic. Hopefully he doesn't get one second of television coverage and they keep it glued on Biden who is speaking like a rational person during a pandemic.
                  Same guy that predicted 5 million deaths by December?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

"WARE" your masks folks!

Ho... Ho... Ho...
                    Who am I protecting in this instance? My 46 year old sister? Well, after watching two of her children and their spouses, her mom and dad, and only living grandparent cough for a couple of days and recover, I think she decided it was more important to spend time with loved ones.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• ehhh.... nevermind lol
                      Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; November 27, 2020, 01:50 PM. Reason: waste of breath

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Let's pin that 60K prediction and revisit that in 3 weeks. Just like MILLIONS were going to die when this whole thing started and Trump was being Xenophobic against China and the Kung Flu.
                        And Biden was predicting 400k by the end of the year during the election. Guess we will beat that by 70k.

Comment

• Comment

• Well, Covid-19 finally hit the family. My 5 year old kindergarten grandson brought it home. He gave it to his brother with whom he shares a bedroom, his dad and now his mom. Little brother (1year old) has not had any symptoms. The mild symptoms have lasted 2 or 3 days.

The 5 year old sat in my lap for a brief time last Saturday before his symptoms showed up on Monday. I'm thinking there is either or both a wide variation in this virus or it is not as potentially contagious as advertised.

Sure missed their smiling faces and the energy 3 boys under 7 bring to any gathering. Empty chairs at Thanksgiving.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
                              I'm thinking there is either or both a wide variation in this virus or it is not as potentially contagious as advertised.
                              It is contagious, don’t kid yourself. COVID affects each person differently we found. We just had it run through our family circle of 11 people. Started a week before Halloween and ran thru everybody by thanksgiving.

It ran from asymptomatic, mild symptoms, to it felt like the flu to the one extreme of putting a person in hospital (contrary to the news story, all hospitals are not packed).

The oddest thing we encountered was taste. Only one lost their sense of taste, but several had their taste affected. It basically was like it unbalanced the taste buds (salty, sweet, sour). For me everything tasted extremely salty, others could only taste the sweetness. And we all seem to have a after-taste to our food.

And the testing - it is a crapshoot. The person who went to the hospital test negative 4 times, before they did a antibody test and it was positive:

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

It is contagious, don’t kid yourself. COVID affects each person differently we found. We just had it run through our family circle of 11 people. Started a week before Halloween and ran thru everybody by thanksgiving.

It ran from asymptomatic, mild symptoms, to it felt like the flu to the one extreme of putting a person in hospital (contrary to the news story, all hospitals are not packed).

The oddest thing we encountered was taste. Only one lost their sense of taste, but several had their taste affected. It basically was like it unbalanced the taste buds (salty, sweet, sour). For me everything tasted extremely salty, others could only taste the sweetness. And we all seem to have a after-taste to our food.

And the testing - it is a crapshoot. The person who went to the hospital test negative 4 times, before they did a antibody test and it was positive:
                                Sorry your fam met up with it. Hope all is doing well now.

Definitely can see why Cold says “trust the science” with data coming in and out like that.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X