• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    You mad bro?

Howd that test turn out?
    Funny you should ask...

I got a call this morning from the testing center. They said, "Congratulations! You've tested negative!". I was like, "Congratulations?" I would kinda have preferred to have had it and passed it easily. She went on to say that had I been positive I would have satisfied my 10-day quarantine, but since I tested negative and think I was exposed to a positive, I should extend my quarantine to 14 days in case of a false positive.

I'm not certain the dude was positive, only that he was sniffing, and then I started showing weird Covid symptoms 2 days later. I remember there being some color on the end of the swab when they pulled it out of my brain. I don't know if the swabs were colored or it was just bits of my brain, I suspect it could have been from a sinus infection. But I had no congestion at the time.

Oh well, I will be operating normally (with mask) from here on out and will be taking a serology test that my friend said could be secured from Dillon's for $25.

Comment

• A Wichita woman is battling COVID-19 for the second time. Renee Carrion is no the only one in her family with the virus, she said her aunt, who is a traveling nurse has been in the ICU for three weeks.

Wichita woman battles COVID-19 for second time, along aunt

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - A Wichita woman is battling COVID-19 for the second time.

Renee Carrion is no the only one in her family with the virus. She said her aunt, who is a traveling nurse has been in the ICU for three weeks.

“I never expected to get to this point again,” said Carrion. " I don’t wish it upon anybody, I really don’t”

Her aunt Leticia left for North Carolina on assignment. Now she is battling for her life.
      This is a really touching holiday newsflash.

I'm not surprised though. Dr. Fauci mentioned early on that Coronavirus antibodies are notoriously nondurable. We need to get that vaccine out into wide circulation and see if its ultra-high (polio-esque) efficacy, can eradicate this alien demon seed for good. My fingers are crossed. We don't need this circulating all year long and then get smacked with the flu in the fall every year. That would be a real **** scenario. Don't even talk about nasty mutations.

Ho Ho Hoooooo!

Comment

• Saw on Ch 12 news last night that you can be part of a trial for the AstraZeneca vaccine still - https://www.kwch.com/2020/11/24/posi...al-in-wichita/

The clinical trial in Wichita is using the vaccine produced by the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom and drugmaker AstraZeneca. Dr. Schwasinger-Schmidt described early data from the trial as “very promising.”

“What we can see from the data that we have is that this is working so far,” she said. “Now, again, we need the large numbers. So we’re really looking for 40,000 people across the United States at multiple sites to know that this is working for everyone and to know that this is safe and effective.”

Mobile units are available for people wanting to take part in the clinical trial. From 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesday and Wednesday (Nov. 24 and 25) and next Monday (Nov. 30), a unit will be at Dold Foods, LLC at 2929 N. Ohio and at the same times Dec. 1-4 at the Hunter Health Clinic at 527 N. Grove. Those organizing a mobile unit say it’s an easy screening process for those wanting to participate.

“(We) make sure that they meet all the criteria for the study and then take some lab specimens and give them the vaccination and we will observe them for a few minutes afterward,” said Trish Steele, a local site manager for the local vaccine trial of AstraZeneca.

Dr. Schwasinger-Schmidt said she considers anyone willing to participate in the studies heroic.
        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
          Saw on Ch 12 news last night that you can be part of a trial for the AstraZeneca vaccine still - https://www.kwch.com/2020/11/24/posi...al-in-wichita/
          Dold Foods (29th and a few streets W. of 21st) is giving shots now. Two out of every three are the real deal Holyfield. GO! GO! GO!

Bring your significant other with you and one of you will be guaranteed to have the retarded adenovirus injected straight into your plumbing.

Comment

• Kind of Shocker related for those who have seen Quick Change at halftime:

Maas, with his wife, formed an artistic duo that performed their signature "Quick Change" act at all 30 NBA arenas. The sports world honored his passing by reliving some of his best routines.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I don’t think you’ll have a choice of whether or not to get it let alone which one you get.
              This.

This was being discussed in the office earlier today. If anyone thinks you're getting on a plane, or anywhere of value without either a vaccine card or antigen card sometime next year, I think you're sadly mistaken. You're going to have to prove you're "safe". I'd bet good money on it and hope to hell I'm wrong.
              Last edited by WuDrWu; November 24, 2020, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

This.

This was being discussed in the office earlier today. If anyone thinks you're getting on a plane, or anywhere of value without either a vaccine card or antigen card sometime next year, I think you're said mistaken. You're going to have to prove you're "safe". I'd bet good money on it and hope to hell I'm wrong.
                Absolutely! Your kids don't get to attend class without their vaccination, you should get penalized as an adult - in the middle of the worst pandemic in 100 years - if you choose to exercise your "LIBERTYYY" selfishly. Too many negative externalities in this situation. The stakes are too high with Covidiocy. We are finding that out the hard way now.

But I would prefer an incentive first. Pay people to take the shot, flood the airwaves with solid education, then start to tighten the screws. This is absolutely a national security issue if there ever was one. People need to understand that getting vaccinated when the earth attempts to cull the human population is going to be a regular occurrence moving forward. As we encroach on the native forests/fauna of our planet, they are going to "fight back".

Comment

• Originally posted by dregn View Post
                  Kind of Shocker related for those who have seen Quick Change at halftime:

Maas, with his wife, formed an artistic duo that performed their signature "Quick Change" act at all 30 NBA arenas. The sports world honored his passing by reliving some of his best routines.
                  I always enjoyed their show...
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Funny you should ask...

I got a call this morning from the testing center. They said, "Congratulations! You've tested negative!". I was like, "Congratulations?" I would kinda have preferred to have had it and passed it easily. She went on to say that had I been positive I would have satisfied my 10-day quarantine, but since I tested negative and think I was exposed to a positive, I should extend my quarantine to 14 days in case of a false positive.

I'm not certain the dude was positive, only that he was sniffing, and then I started showing weird Covid symptoms 2 days later. I remember there being some color on the end of the swab when they pulled it out of my brain. I don't know if the swabs were colored or it was just bits of my brain, I suspect it could have been from a sinus infection. But I had no congestion at the time.

Oh well, I will be operating normally (with mask) from here on out and will be taking a serology test that my friend said could be secured from Dillon's for $25.
                    Well I’m glad you were wrong about your initial instincts and came back negative. I wonder if that’s the first time you’ve ever been wrong about something in your life.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

This.

This was being discussed in the office earlier today. If anyone thinks you're getting on a plane, or anywhere of value without either a vaccine card or antigen card sometime next year, I think you're said mistaken. You're going to have to prove you're "safe". I'd bet good money on it and hope to hell I'm wrong.
                      They won’t be able to make laws saying you have to have it. That would be unconstitutional. Instead, private companies will decide that the liability is too high and require proof of immunity in order to do business in areas where social distancing isn’t possible.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Well I’m glad you were wrong about your initial instincts and came back negative. I wonder if that’s the first time you’ve ever been wrong about something in your life.
                        It’s not.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

I'll get back to you on that...

Comment

• By the way, I'm talking my folks to get that AstraZeneca vaccine. **** yes I am!!! Two of us will get the real deal.

AMERICA!

VACCINES!

GREAT BRITAIN!

YES!

YES!

YES!

Then if I get a symptom or sore arm after taking it, you mother****ing better believe my happy is gonna get back to livin' life. I will try to be a good example, but I'm going to a sports bar and having a brew with a buddy. I will get a name tag and put it on my shirt saying, "I AM VACCINATED FROM COVID BY ASTRAZENECA!" in case anybody cares. I'll put one on my car as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Absolutely! Your kids don't get to attend class without their vaccination, you should get penalized as an adult - in the middle of the worst pandemic in 100 years - if you choose to exercise your "LIBERTYYY" selfishly. Too many negative externalities in this situation. The stakes are too high with Covidiocy. We are finding that out the hard way now.

But I would prefer an incentive first. Pay people to take the shot, flood the airwaves with solid education, then start to tighten the screws. This is absolutely a national security issue if there ever was one. People need to understand that getting vaccinated when the earth attempts to cull the human population is going to be a regular occurrence moving forward. As we encroach on the native forests/fauna of our planet, they are going to "fight back".
                              It would be selfish of me to take the vaccine if it is in short supply and there is someone at (MUCH) higher risk than me that hasn’t had the vaccine yet. I surely hope I’m not even given the option until that segment of the population has had their chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                                It would be selfish of me to take the vaccine if it is in short supply and there is someone at (MUCH) higher risk than me that hasn’t had the vaccine yet. I surely hope I’m not even given the option until that segment of the population has had their chance.
                                Plenty of AstraZeneca trial left. You have a 2 n 3 chance of rolling pay dirt. Go get yours tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X