No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sure hope they get moving on the distribution ASAP. I think about my folks often and I'd sure like them to get the vaccine versus the real deal. With the virus circulating at the highest concentrations to date in this country, the odds are... they're going to slip up. Then it's up to the Covid Roulette Wheel to see how things shake out.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      My folks did decide to get tested and they came up positive. Now 9 of the 10 that thought they had it have been confirmed, with one having not been tested.
      Stay on top of the situation brother. I know you will!

Comment

• Coronavirus Survivors Twice as Likely to Develop Mental Disorders - Study

Recent studies show that people who had COVID-19 could have an elevated chance of being diagnosed with psychological issues such as anxiety or depression.

Between January 20 and August 1, researchers looked at the medical history of 69 million individuals in the United States. As part of what the authors defined as the biggest research thus far on ties between coronavirus and mental health issues, the data included 62,000 individuals who contracted COVID-19.
        Nearly one in five survivors (18 percent) had a clinical condition in three months after testing positive for Covid-19. This is almost twice as common as for other classes of patients with multiple disorders and conditions studied during the same duration as part of the analysis.

In Covid-19 survivors, researchers from the University of Oxford associated clinical diagnoses with patients that had pneumonia, other diseases of the respiratory tract, skin infections, large bone breaks, gallstones, and kidney stones.

"The study reports that patients have a somewhat higher risk of being diagnosed with a psychiatric illness, mainly anxiety or depression, after a COVID-19 diagnosis than after certain other medical events," said David Curtis, retired consultant psychiatrist and honorary professor at University College London and Queen Mary University of London.

"For example, they show that there is an 18% chance of getting a psychiatric diagnosis after Covid-19 compared with 13% after influenza," Curtis, who wasn't involved in the research, told the Science Media Centre in London.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I just don't see 150 million people in the US taking it.
          I sure hope we don't get a boneheaded (re)Tweet sometime between now and when the vaccine goes to wide distribution. That will be all it takes for a couple-ten million people to forego the magical elixir.

I don't even want to hear: "you can thank your favorite president for this vaccine". Just stay ****ing quiet and out of the way for once. We need 24/7 commercials of celebrities and sports figures taking the vaccine with a big smile on their face and a message that it's safe. That will have the greatest effect on the largest number of people.

Comment

• OK, this is day 8 for me. No taste or smell for the last 4 days. No fever for the last 5-6 days. Energy level getting better. Mrs p still fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              OK, this is day 8 for me. No taste or smell for the last 4 days. No fever for the last 5-6 days. Energy level getting better. Mrs p still fine.
              Best of luck to both of you as you work through it!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                https://www.sciencetimes.com/article...ders-study.htm

Coronavirus Survivors Twice as Likely to Develop Mental Disorders - Study

I wonder why? Could it be because some people told them they were going to die and then locked them away from society? PTSD?
                Livin the dream

Comment

https://www.sciencetimes.com/article...ders-study.htm

Coronavirus Survivors Twice as Likely to Develop Mental Disorders - Study

According to this article, 18-20% of cancer survivors suffer from mental disorders.

Livin the dream

Comment

OK, this is day 8 for me. No taste or smell for the last 4 days. No fever for the last 5-6 days. Energy level getting better. Mrs p still fine.
                    If you’re sense of humor goes, then I’m worried, Pin

Comment

I wonder why? Could it be because some people told them they were going to die and then locked them away from society? PTSD?
                      One of these days you're gonna stop trolling me...

Comment

One of these days you're gonna stop trolling me...
                        I’m just not at all surprised. Lockdowns and existential threats of alien viruses are anxiety inducing and depressing.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

I’m just not at all surprised. Lockdowns and existential threats of alien viruses are anxiety inducing and depressing.
                          Just between you and me: I'm starting to really believe this virus to be alien. I sometimes don't even like the idea of it's maimed counterpart being injected into my body. Something intuitively just seems wrong about it. I think it's mostly because of the reaction so many fine doctors have had regarding its characteristics since day one.

It's absolutely perfect in its Jekyll & Hyde benignity and lethality. Absolutely perfect...

Comment

OK, I get outa jail tomorrow. (6th day of no smell or taste) Mrs p finally showing sign of being sick. I know bunches of peeps in various stages of Covid

Comment

OK, I get outa jail tomorrow. (6th day of no smell or taste) Mrs p finally showing sign of being sick. I know bunches of peeps in various stages of Covid
                              Sorry to hear that. Hope she has as good an outcome as you've had. We are having a lot of problems in rural areas in Texas (west Texas and Dallas) right now, but not so many in central/southern Texas, but I expect that to change in the next month.

Comment

• Day 10 after first symptoms.......out of jail! Had fever for couple days, lost taste and smell on day 5 I think, and it's still gone. Don't have much energy, and tire easily. Mrs p, on the other hand, still seems like Superwoman. Still coughing a bit, but never did get sick (yet). Thanks for everyone's well wishes.

Comment

Working...
                                X