No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since masks are an effective profilactic against Covid, I see no reason to quarantine. Got the bug? Put your mask on and re-enter society care free!
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

You ought to move to Florida. Ron DeSantis would love you.
      Way to take my point head on, skippy.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• People are so triggered over a virus that 40% have no symptoms, another 40% have minor cold symptoms. Then the remaining 19.5% will recover from having symptoms similar to the flu.

Put the priority of protection for the 0.5% who are at risk of death, and let the rest live life.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
          I'd like to see the source of that slide. It's a little blurry.
          Source: https://sedgwickcounty.maps.arcgis.c...15d52450acfe0d

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• My understanding is both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require two shots. Is that correct? If so, does anyone know what the time period between the 1st and 2nd shot is and is the recipient protected from Covid-19 to any extent during that time period?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              My understanding is both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines require two shots. Is that correct? If so, does anyone know what the time period between the 1st and 2nd shot is and is the recipient protected from Covid-19 to any extent during that time period?

Good summary of the 3 primary vaccines.

Moderna requires a second does 4 weeks after the first
              Pfizer requires second does 3 weeks after the first

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Good summary of the 3 primary vaccines.

Moderna requires a second does 4 weeks after the first
                Pfizer requires second does 3 weeks after the first
                Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Thanks.
                  The question will be which vaccine will provide the most protection with the least side affects? And will you even have a choice?

Comment

The question will be which vaccine will provide the most protection with the least side affects? And will you even have a choice?
                    I'm not sure there is any way for a specific individual to make that determination. Two people can have totally different results to the same vaccine in terms of efficacy and side effects. At 70 years old not sure I'm in a position to be very picky. I wouldn't say I qualify as the luckiest person in the world. With my luck I will test positive within a few days ahead of a scheduled vaccine and will be told no reason to take the vaccine now. Just go home and develop your antibodies the old fashioned way.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 24, 2020, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Like I said, another record and another headline grabber.

Why are states with 10 times the amount of population and cases able to give daily updates while this state only does it on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays?

I guess it’s just not important enough to worry about more than half a time a week.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Kansas COVID-19 Coronavirus update by county with statistics and graphs: total and new cases, deaths per day, current active cases, recoveries, historical data, trends, projections, and timeline.

With the way reporting here is done and then the run of the headlines that come with it, you would never have known that the cases have now bent and are actually slightly angled downward with the actual daily average at 2800 (scroll down and make sure you click on the 7-day rolling average for the graphs).
                        Last edited by ShockerFever; November 24, 2020, 11:55 AM.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I don’t think you’ll have a choice of whether or not to get it let alone which one you get.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

People are so triggered over a virus that 40% have no symptoms, another 40% have minor cold symptoms. Then the remaining 19.5% will recover from having symptoms similar to the flu.

Put the priority of protection for the 0.5% who are at risk of death, and let the rest live life.
                            Your summary of the situation is as off as your strategy.

Pro tip: listen to the pros.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/kansas/
                              With the way reporting here is done and then the run of the headlines that come with it, you would never have known that the cases have now bent and are actually slightly angled downward with the actual daily average at 2800 (scroll down and make sure you click on the 7-day rolling average for the graphs).
                              JFC Fever...

You're the guy driving down the highway in a torrential downpour, but when passing under an overpass you yell out to your passengers that "THE RAIN HAS STOPPED!"

Kansas is the reddest state in the union yet they are actually part of the Deeeeep State trying to thwart Trump's efforts in building that GD wall by portraying the pandemic as worse than it is in order to affect the election.

Oh wait...

Comment

• You mad bro?

Howd that test turn out?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X