Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    My mom, two aunts, two uncles, two cousins and grandmother all got Covid this week. They were together for a reunion around my grandfathers death (anniversary not funeral). So far everyone is doing okay.
    That's tough news man. Sorry about that. It will be a while before everybody finds out if they are in the clear long-term.

It's a recurring theme worldwide where family will attend a funeral of a loved one who died from Covid, only to catch Covid themselves.

During a pandemic I go with Jesus on "letting the dead bury the dead". It just ain't worth it.

Same with weddings. If your love can't withstand a 6-9 month delay, it ain't going to last a lifetime.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

In case you haven’t noticed, Kansas reports like every other day or every two days. An increase for sure, but the 7-day rolling average is at 20.

There have been a lot of nursing home clusters again.

But yes, panic away.
      Covid is real man. The sooner you accept that reality and internalize it, the sooner you'll receive the peace and calm the rest of us enjoy as we face the threat head on.

Denial at first seems therapeutic, but it has long-lasting implications. It causes a recurring stress every time the reality you've created bumps up against "the real". It's better for your health and the health of your family to just move forward in acceptance.

'Fever's prescrption:

1) Accept the reality of Covid

2) Allow yourself to feel the pain and anxiety of your new reality.

3) Create a plan of action and start to follow it.

Follow these steps and you'll truly be free - and happier!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        OK, I been sickly for a couple days, and then today, no taste or smell
        Maybe post-election shock? My advice to you is plenty of rest and fluids and turn off the news.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Maybe post-election shock? My advice to you is plenty of rest and fluids and turn off the news.
          I assume I'll stay away from people, but dunno no reason to get tested. Strange, was not very good wed aft/eve, not good thursday day/night, but better friday afternoon. Still tired but today, no taste/smell.

Comment

You forgot to tell him to get his affairs in order. Odds are he won’t make it.

Comment

I assume I'll stay away from people, but dunno no reason to get tested. Strange, was not very good wed aft/eve, not good thursday day/night, but better friday afternoon. Still tired but today, no taste/smell.
              Definitely get tested. Google "Wichita, Ks. Covid Testing" or call your doctor's office.

Staying away from people would be smart. Anybody in your immediate household should be considered infected until proven otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You forgot to tell him to get his affairs in order. Odds are he won’t make it.
                Actually odds are he will make it, as are the odds to survive a car accident, cancer, heart attack, stroke, shark attack... you willing to volunteer for a few of those events? No? Then don't volunteer for Covid either.

Death isn't the only bad outcome.

My advice remains the same: avoid catching/spreading this insidious, alien virus, if at all possible.

Comment

Actually odds are he will make it, as are the odds to survive a car accident, cancer, heart attack, stroke, shark attack... you willing to volunteer for a few of those events? No? Then don't volunteer for Covid either.

Death isn't the only bad outcome.

My advice remains the same: avoid catching/spreading this insidious, alien virus, if at all possible.
                  Actually, I’m so fearful of death by shark attack, I’m quarantining at home. Furthermore, I don’t ride in a car, turned into a vegetarian, and never eat salt. I think I’m covered from dying, but one never knows. Anyway, I take them all extremely seriously because 5hey are ALL REAL diseases.

Comment

• Why get tested?

Comment

Yeah the no taste/smell thing is pretty much a smoking gun. 75% experience that.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Why get tested?
                        Exactly.

Comment

Why get tested?
                          You should grab one of these from Walmart though:

Comment

Why get tested?
                            Because it offers confirmation for yourself as well as healthcare agencies who monitor infection levels and make response decisions in light of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You should grab one of these from Walmart though:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-Fi...eter/985475712
                              Yes!

Comment

• A recent memorandum from Trump physician Sean Conley noted that “the President has been taking zinc, vitamin D, famotidine, melatonin and a daily aspirin.”
                                Here's what Trump took. Zinc, Vit. D, and a baby aspirin is a no-brainer. The other items can come with their own side effects: famotidine (digestive issues/nausea), melatonin (drowsiness/headaches).

Comment

Working...
                                X