No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To date: At least 133,266,995 people or 40% of the population have received at least one dose.

[source]
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      The effectiveness of a single dose of Pfizer or Moderna, and the diminishing return on the second shot is interesting. A single shot of Pfizer or Moderna gives 80 effectiveness, and the second one takes you up to 90% two weeks after you take the second dose.
      It’s about 98% after the second...and this is compared to the non-vaccinated population.

To put that in perspective, if 100 unvaccinated people spend 10 minutes having a conversation within 3 foot of an infected person and 50 people contact the virus, only 1 vaccinated person would also contract the virus.

To contrast that with mask wearing, if the same 100 unvaccinated people were wearing a mask, 45 would be infected.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• We were offered the vaccine in February. I have 100 people that report to me, and 70 are scientist. Of the 70, 59 were vaccinated. Of the 30 non-scientists, 21 were vaccinated.

Of those that weren’t vaccinated 5 had previously been infected and were going to wait.

That’s worth dick, but I found it interesting
        Livin the dream

Comment

• My injection site is still bothering me a week out from my second shot. During the day, it's mostly fine. I go to bed and wake up with a feeling like I've just been hit in the arm by a sledgehammer. I get out of bed, stretch the arm, it feels better and I go back to sleep. An hour later, I repeat. This needs to end.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            My injection site is still bothering me a week out from my second shot. During the day, it's mostly fine. I go to bed and wake up with a feeling like I've just been hit in the arm by a sledgehammer. I get out of bed, stretch the arm, it feels better and I go back to sleep. An hour later, I repeat. This needs to end.
            Since you were already infected, why did you get vaccinated?
            Livin the dream

Comment

My injection site is still bothering me a week out from my second shot. During the day, it's mostly fine. I go to bed and wake up with a feeling like I've just been hit in the arm by a sledgehammer. I get out of bed, stretch the arm, it feels better and I go back to sleep. An hour later, I repeat. This needs to end.
              Eeesh

Comment

That is very odd. I would certainly phone the doc if it persists. My 2nd shot was far less eventful than I expected. I did have the sledgehammer'd shoulder though for about 3 days. During and immediately after my 2nd shot I got a ton of exercise moving stuff and working outside. I was just powering through whatever effect it had on me, but the third night after the shot, I literally passed out in bed at like 7PM! It was really weird and had to be related to the vaccine.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

My 2nd shot was far less eventful than I expected.
                  You were probably given a placebo shot, and secretly you are part of their study to see how effective only 1 shot is. You might just go see if you can get the moderna or JJ vaccine (once it starts again) just so you have peace of mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

That was for Astra Zeneca (unless additional info on J&J is out there that I have not seen). It’s the same issue that might happen with birth control and it’s the same population (child baring age women). It’s less common than with birth control, so is it a birth control issue rather than a vaccine issue?
                    It’s confirmed. All women that had clotting issues were on birth control.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

It’s confirmed. All women that had clotting issues were on birth control.
                      Okay! So no condoms for 2 weeks after getting the J&J shot! Doctor's orders!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Okay! So no condoms for 2 weeks after getting the J&J shot! Doctor's orders!
                        Yes. That is the takeaway.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

He thinks the Fourth of July is next month.

Comment

• How’s that “surge” going?

Wish I could see it in paint but the silence speaks for itself.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Threats of more punitive measures, but no guarantee of rights restored.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X