Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I have an idea of what they are saying but can you give an explanation that I can totally understand?
    Me trying to follow anything written about CV. There's been so much flip flopping on numbers, prevention, treatment, no masks, masks.....

Comment

• Covid has a protein spike that adheres to and attacks the tissues in your body. Think of the spike as a key and the receptor on your tissues as a lock. Once the key unlocks the receptor, a chemical chain reaction is started that causes numerous biological processes like inflammation, platelet aggregation, etc. this is a normal process, but if it happens in abundance, it makes you incredibly ill and can lead to death.

ACE inhibitors and ARBs block the chain reaction at different points in the progression. It is hypothesized that these could decrease the severity of the symptoms by blocking the chain reaction, however, some of these medications also cause proliferated expression of the “lock”. If you have a bunch more locks then the virus has a bunch more places to attack your body, which could increase symptoms.

My hypothesis is that some of the medications commonly prescribed to people with heart disease are creating greater infection points and worse outcomes, while others block the chain reaction at the correct point and decrease symptoms. Get people off the wrong medication and disease is less severe. Find the right medication and treat the illness.

This is potentially the treatment that ends this, but the science is still months to years away.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        Covid has a protein spike that adheres to and attacks the tissues in your body. Think of the spike as a key and the receptor on your tissues as a lock. Once the key unlocks the receptor, a chemical chain reaction is started that causes numerous biological processes like inflammation, platelet aggregation, etc. this is a normal process, but if it happens in abundance, it makes you incredibly ill and can lead to death.

ACE inhibitors and ARBs block the chain reaction at different points in the progression. It is hypothesized that these could decrease the severity of the symptoms by blocking the chain reaction, however, some of these medications also cause proliferated expression of the “lock”. If you have a bunch more locks then the virus has a bunch more places to attack your body, which could increase symptoms.

My hypothesis is that some of the medications commonly prescribed to people with heart disease are creating greater infection points and worse outcomes, while others block the chain reaction at the correct point and decrease symptoms. Get people off the wrong medication and disease is less severe. Find the right medication and treat the illness.

This is potentially the treatment that ends this, but the science is still months to years away.
        Can understanding these questions also assist in finding the proper vaccine or perhaps, will a successful vaccine also lead to answering these questions? Does one lead to the other?

Also, there have been some people who have had things such as blood clots, lung problems, etc. who are young and haven't had heart problems, and therefore none of these medications. What is happening there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Can understanding these questions also assist in finding the proper vaccine or perhaps, will a successful vaccine also lead to answering these questions? Does one lead to the other?
          Nope. Different strategies to the problem. One is a treatment after infection. The other is a cure pre-infection.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Layman’s guide to how the various proposed treatments for Covid function:

Vaccine: Stimulates a specific immune response so that your body constantly has attack cells (T-cells) who’s specific job is to kill coronavirus. Once you’ve “trained” these cells, they will be at the ready the moment your body gets infected.

Hydrochloroquine and Remdisavir: These guys stop the virus from replicating. If you think of the virus as a key, it keeps making copies of itself to unlock more bad stuff. HCQ and Remd put weird notches in the key so that it won’t turn the lock.

ARBs (-sartans): These act like the viral key, but they can’t turn the lock. Instead, you just shove a bunch of these benign keys in the lock and the virus has no wear to attach. The virus then can’t “do” anything to your body.

ACE inhibitors (-prils): When the virus unlocks the gate, it causes a chain reaction where one thing leads to another through several steps. A causes b, b causes c, c causes d, etc. These step in and stop a specific process in the line such that the chain is broken.

Azithromycin: This is an antibiotic, but it also blocks access of the virus into cells. The virus has to sneak in with a disguise. AZM recognizes this and turns it away.

Zinc: This metal works as a “buddy” to all your good immune responses. When you have zinc, your cells are happy and do a good job! (I don’t really know how Zn works. It is necessary for various functional processes, but not sure the role).
            Livin the dream

Comment

Covid has a protein spike that adheres to and attacks the tissues in your body. Think of the spike as a key and the receptor on your tissues as a lock. Once the key unlocks the receptor, a chemical chain reaction is started that causes numerous biological processes like inflammation, platelet aggregation, etc. this is a normal process, but if it happens in abundance, it makes you incredibly ill and can lead to death.

Me again....

my brother, the judge.....

Doctor Phil Connors....

my dog....

and from Cincinatti...

Comment

Layman’s guide to how the various proposed treatments for Covid function:

Vaccine: Stimulates a specific immune response so that your body constantly has attack cells (T-cells) who’s specific job is to kill coronavirus. Once you’ve “trained” these cells, they will be at the ready the moment your body gets infected.

Hydrochloroquine and Remdisavir: These guys stop the virus from replicating. If you think of the virus as a key, it keeps making copies of itself to unlock more bad stuff. HCQ and Remd put weird notches in the key so that it won’t turn the lock.

ARBs (-sartans): These act like the viral key, but they can’t turn the lock. Instead, you just shove a bunch of these benign keys in the lock and the virus has no wear to attach. The virus then can’t “do” anything to your body.

ACE inhibitors (-prils): When the virus unlocks the gate, it causes a chain reaction where one thing leads to another through several steps. A causes b, b causes c, c causes d, etc. These step in and stop a specific process in the line such that the chain is broken.

Azithromycin: This is an antibiotic, but it also blocks access of the virus into cells. The virus has to sneak in with a disguise. AZM recognizes this and turns it away.

Zinc: This metal works as a “buddy” to all your good immune responses. When you have zinc, your cells are happy and do a good job! (I don’t really know how Zn works. It is necessary for various functional processes, but not sure the role).
                Again....me.

Comment

• Here’s a simplistic breakdown.

It’s not really simple. I’m just trying to illustrate what I’m struggling to explain.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  Last edited by wufan; August 2, 2020, 09:38 AM.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Here’s a simplistic breakdown.

It’s not really simple. I’m just trying to illustrate what I’m struggling to explain.
                    downloadfile.jpg

Comment

Here’s a simplistic breakdown.

Me looking at this:

schultz.jpg

Comment

• https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ings-work.html

These scientists claim that depriving the lungs of much-needed oxygen, via masks, can compromise the immune system, thus making one more vulnerable to this dreaded Bat Flu. Using critical thinking, and common sense, does this seem like a reasonable claim? It does to me.

They also state that it's wiser to take extra precaution with the elderly as well as those with pre-existing conditions that would contribute to fatalities. No? What does fauci say about the elderly needing extra attention since they make up 99% of the deaths, along with a co-morbidity prevalence? Surely he doesn't condone another shut down does he? No school?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                          https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ings-work.html

These scientists claim that depriving the lungs of much-needed oxygen, via masks, can compromise the immune system, thus making one more vulnerable to this dreaded Bat Flu. Using critical thinking, and common sense, does this seem like a reasonable claim? It does to me.

They also state that it's wiser to take extra precaution with the elderly as well as those with pre-existing conditions that would contribute to fatalities. No? What does fauci say about the elderly needing extra attention since they make up 99% of the deaths, along with a co-morbidity prevalence? Surely he doesn't condone another shut down does he? No school?

I’m not seeing the lack of oxygen claim in that article. That said, you shouldn’t put anything over your mouth and nose that smoothers you. If your aren’t getting oxygen, remove the mask. Don’t do high levels of physical exertion in your mask.

Yes, special care should be taken for the elderly and those with pre existing conditions.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                            https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ings-work.html

Surely he say..."I'm not in a position of what the government should do in a forceful way."...right?

Comment

• If masks are bad for the health I am quite certain the surgeons and other health pros would have come up with some other system to use to make sure they don't compromise their health considering the long hours they have to wear them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
                                If masks are bad for the health I am quite certain the surgeons and other health pros would have come up with some other system to use to make sure they don't compromise their health considering the long hours they have to wear them.
                                Absolutely. Would also like to point out that (depending on the situation) they may change their masks more frequently than daily, but yes, they have to wear the masks for hours.

What I do not understand is why someone would claim they had breathing problems, unless they were using an excuse for non-adherence. Not only that, most of us don't have to wear our masks all day. I believe that Wufan may need to, seems like he is back in the office, and I could see where that might be a point of complaint, but if it is just to go shopping and run errands, it seems as if saying a medical condition prevents wearing a mask is clearly flimsy. I don't spend hours in the grocery store. Between errands I take my mask off (when I am in the car).

I did go into a hardware store recently and observed the clerk at the front went back to where I was to pull her mask down just to get some fresh air. I kind of felt sorry for her - she has to work all day with the mask on, clearly did not like it, and felt she needed to take a 'breather', but she did it in a respectful manner (she was socially distancing). I might be inclined to do the same thing if I were in her shoes.

P.S. I don't wear my mask at all when exercising, but for my preferred exercise, I can social distance. If I were walking and if there were a bunch of other people around me, I would wear a mask (and I see people wearing masks here in Houston when walking).

Comment

Working...
                                X