Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...-trade-adviser

You guys are losing your already tenuous grasp on reality. I would advise you both sit the next couple plays out...

T

Sounds like you don't like getting pitted into a corner with counterarguments. Sounds like the trendy leftist way to do things these days. DON'T AGREE WITH ME.. THEN MOVE ON. LEAVE. GET OUT OF HERE.

You're struggling a bit Cold. You're appearing weaker with age.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

[URL="https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-kills-ohio-army-vet-refused-wear-face-mask"]
      Richard Rose III, 37, of Port Clinton, died on July 4 of complications related to the novel coronavirus, according to an online obituary.
      What were the "complications"? Could have been a skydiving accident for all I know. Sorry, but I just don't trust the system of reporting deaths.

Comment

• Does smoking constitute as an underlying condition or as healthy?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I thought masks were primarily used to help keep infected people from passing it on, not the other way around? Or am I misremembering information? Or did it change again?
          It is the reason. Maybe if whoever he got it from had worn a mask he would have been one of those spared of contracting it. No guarantee, but maybe.

What I've seen from being out and about is that about a quarter of the people who don't (or won't) wear masks in retail establishments also don't seem to be taking social distancing seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

It is the reason. Maybe if whoever he got it from had worn a mask he would have been one of those spared of contracting it. No guarantee, but maybe.

What I've seen from being out and about is that about a quarter of the people who don't (or won't) wear masks in retail establishments also don't seem to be taking social distancing seriously.
            But the whole headline grabber of the article implied that he died by not wearing a mask. Kind of a big leap wouldn't you say?

Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Does smoking constitute as an underlying condition or as healthy?
              Yes it is. Here is a graph of the underlying conditions of Reno Co. positives:

(Of note, the person who put the Reno County Covid-19 dashboard together (of which this graph was taken) is a recent WSU grad and did a fantastic job!)

Capture.JPG

Comment

But the whole headline grabber of the article implied that he died by not wearing a mask. Kind of a big leap wouldn't you say?
                Absolutely. It's another point of frustration for me when I see people and videos (even by medical professionals) on social media arguing we shouldn't wear masks because it won't protect us, without considering the other reason to wear one.

Comment

• Damn, more restrictions:

Comment

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...-trade-adviser

You guys are losing your already tenuous grasp on reality. I would advise you both sit the next couple plays out...

T

The media has brought up mask wearing lots. We were talking about information that the media under reports and mask wearing is something they attack everyday. Most people agree that wearing a mask most likely helps at least a small percent. The media may oversell it but perhaps they are correct and everyone wears masks correctly and it almost STOPS transmission of infection.

Your onformation isnt new. I would imagine that any school that opens includes that and proper hygiene.

Comment

Yes it is. Here is a graph of the underlying conditions of Reno Co. positives:

(Of note, the person who put the Reno County Covid-19 dashboard together (of which this graph was taken) is a recent WSU grad and did a fantastic job!)

Capture.JPG
                      People (teachers and students) who have comorbidities should not go back to school.

Comment

From the opinion piece:

The bolded portion is the problem. There isn't great data on either side of this debate to make a firm, confident decision, so our school systems have to consider that re-opening the schools may increase the spread and ultimately endanger teachers, their families or families of the students.

That said, from my own research of completed studies, they lean toward the notion that kids under 16 are both less likely to contract the virus and less likely to transmit it. But it's a small study of 40 Swiss kids who had tested positive back in April. There is a more comprehensive study on this underway commissioned by the NIH but it will be awhile before it's completed.

If that data is accurate (and the confidence is low given the small sample size), and we consider that teachers themselves aren't at great risk, especially of dying since a great majority are under 65, re-opening the schools isn't out of the question. But it has to be done with precautionary measure in place.

It's frustrating to me that there is no space for reasonable, nuanced positions, and that some use mortality as a litmus test, ignoring the potential long-term effects even after recovery.

For the record, I'm for wearing a mask as one way to assist in reducing the rate of transmission - even if it's only 10% - so that we can continue to operate the country as openly as possible until the threat is minimized. I know wearing a mask won't protect me. That isn't the issue and never was. I also feel that it's my Christian duty (which, IMO, overrides how I feel about whether it infringes on my liberties) to protect my brothers and sister in Christ and all God's children. Wearing a mask in indoor, publicly accessible spaces in combination with adequate distancing is a small sacrifice toward that end.
                        Did your research bring up all of the negative health consequences to kids if they don’t go back to school? Can many of them catch up when their learning falls even farther behind? Some parents didn’t require any learning from their homeschooled kids (homescho9ling was a joke for many public schooled kids) after the Governor called off 1/4th of the school year. Homeschool for many of these kids was a joke. What occupation will they depend on, when they get into high school and can’t read, write, of operate math problems above a 2nd or 3rd grade level?

Comment

Sounds like you don't like getting pitted into a corner with counterarguments. Sounds like the trendy leftist way to do things these days. DON'T AGREE WITH ME.. THEN MOVE ON. LEAVE. GET OUT OF HERE.

You're struggling a bit Cold. You're appearing weaker with age.
                          Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Sounds like somebody knows they have no real information to address the issues...

So I post the White House release disavowing your "fatal blow" on the good doctor after you taunted me, and now having gotten totally shut down, you taunt me again? lol

Listen friends, I'm pulling my punches here. I'm trying very hard not to so suck all the air out of this thread with merciless blow after merciless blow.

There seriously should be a referee on site when debating these issues. It was TKO 5 rounds ago.

P.S. I could be 95, mouth full of applesauce, and I'd still easily neutralize both of your silly opinions before even halfway filling my Depends.

T

Comment

Absolutely. It's another point of frustration for me when I see people and videos (even by medical professionals) on social media arguing we shouldn't wear masks because it won't protect us, without considering the other reason to wear one.
                            There are two reasons to wear a mask: to protect the wearer and to protect the wearee. Medical professionals do not wear masks only to protect their patients. It is without debate that N95 masks effectively protect the wearer from pathogens (including Covid-19). The smallest effective application of masks would be to put N95's ONLY on the infected. But since we have absolutely no way of ever identifying all the infected, the smallest effective application of masks is for everyone to wear one. Non-N95 masks are less effective but far from not effective. They will provide some measure of disruption in the infection chain similar to a weak vaccine.

The IDEAL scenario is for everybody in the U.S. to wear N95 masks whenever they are indoors and around other people (including their family). If we all did this we would totally eradicate Covid-19 from this country in 3-4 weeks... until someone from outside the country reintroduced new infection.

T

Comment

So I post the White House release disavowing your "fatal blow" on the good doctor after you taunted me, and now having gotten totally shut down, you taunt me again? lol

Listen friends, I'm pulling my punches here. I'm trying very hard not to so suck all the air out of this thread with merciless blow after merciless blow.

There seriously should be a referee on site when debating these issues. It was TKO 5 rounds ago.

P.S. I could be 95, mouth full of applesauce, and I'd still easily neutralize both of your silly opinions before even halfway filling my Depends.

T

lol

Hopefully after 5 million + die in a year, we can crown you a proud victor.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

For the record, I'm for wearing a mask as one way to assist in reducing the rate of transmission - even if it's only 10% - so that we can continue to operate the country as openly as possible until the threat is minimized. I know wearing a mask won't protect me. That isn't the issue and never was. I also feel that it's my Christian duty (which, IMO, overrides how I feel about whether it infringes on my liberties) to protect my brothers and sister in Christ and all God's children. Wearing a mask in indoor, publicly accessible spaces in combination with adequate distancing is a small sacrifice toward that end.
                                You have the correct attitude. I wish more of your "religious" party brethren thought in the same selfless manner.

It's a topic that both religious and irreligious should be aligned on as it is rational, practical, and logical.

Only the truly ignorant or malicious would be against something like wearing masks and/or putting forth great effort to stop the spread of this insidious disease that has already taken the lives of many, many great people.

T

Comment

Working...
                                X