• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuomo is all Big Hat, No Cattle.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      Cuomo is all Big Hat, No Cattle.

Back where I come from it’s “All hat and no cattle” but I am picking up what you’re throwing down.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Maybe, just maybe, oversampling massive amounts of negative, asymptomatic and mild cases all over the country not only unnecessarily causes caseloads to spike and become an unuseful metric; but maybe -- just maybe -- it causes a strain and shortages on precious resources like testing lab services?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Maybe, just maybe, oversampling massive amounts of negative, asymptomatic and mild cases all over the country not only unnecessarily causes caseloads to spike and become an unuseful metric; but maybe -- just maybe -- it causes a strain and shortages on precious resources like testing lab services?
          Could be. There is just too much fuzzy stuff going on with the data to wholly believe or trust it for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post

Back where I come from it’s “All hat and no cattle” but I am picking up what you’re throwing down.
            I could have gone with 10 Pounds of Sh!t in a 5 Pound Bag also. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Evan Grant
              @Evan_P_Grant
              · 8h
              This a.m.'s top Rangers story: Another negative COVID-19 test for Joey Gallo continues inconsistent pattern, raises questions about accuracy of tests.
              this makes two negative tests and two positive tests IN THE LAST TEN DAYS

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

T

Since I was so rudely outed for using crayons in my charting, I figured I would come fully outta the closet and bring the rainbow! :)

The South is in deep doo doo. NYC population is 8 million. The population of the four states shown is 100 million. There's a lot of potential for things to go... south (pardon the pun).

Texas is officially "parabolic".

T

Comment

• Texas is bigger than New York State. How many deaths was NY having per day?
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Most people would be giving high fives to each other when the death toll goes down. Cold is giving himself high fives as the death toll rises.

That’s some next-level narcissism at its finest.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      Texas is bigger than New York State. How many deaths was NY having per day?
                      I think 1k at their peak? I certainly hope Texas never reaches that number. I think we could eventually see 2,500 though between those 4 states. Maybe. I hope not.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Most people would be giving high fives to each other when the death toll goes down. Cold is giving himself high fives as the death toll rises.

That’s some next-level narcissism at its finest.
                        No, it just means you are, were, and continue to be, wrong. Not that I want you to be. Delusion is comforting but dangerous during a once-in-a-lifetime pandemic.

I wish everybody would have taken this very seriously (including the president) from Day 1 and broken the chain of infections that will likely go on and on and on for longer than anybody could imagine. I honestly don't know how we as a country will be able to handle another lockdown mentally.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

No, it just means you are, were, and continue to be, wrong. Not that I want you to be. Delusion is comforting but dangerous during a once-in-a-lifetime pandemic.

I wish everybody would have taken this very seriously (including the president) from Day 1 and broken the chain of infections that will likely go on and on and on for longer than anybody could imagine. I honestly don't know how we as a country will be able to handle another lockdown mentally.

T

Remind me what I'm wrong about again.

Are you trying to suggest that a virus could be stopped and smuggled to a zero percent infection rate? When was "Day 1" exactly? Are you saying you were ready to batten down the hatches on January 25th?

Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I hate to even mention this but...

Read the following story:

https://www.livescience.com/hair-sty...ace-masks.html

Two hair stylists in Missouri interacted with a total of 140 clients and six coworkers before learning they both had COVID-19 — thankfully, the stylists didn't pass the virus on to any of these contacts,

The stylists work at a Great Clips salon in Springfield, where various safety measures were put in place to mitigate potential COVID-19 spread, according to the statement from the Springfield-Greene County Health Department. Appointment times had been staggered to limit potential contamination between customers, and the salon chairs were placed farther apart than usual. Stylists also remained 6 feet (1.8 meters) away from clients when not cutting their hair, and the salon required that both stylists and customers wear masks during appointments,
                            Now imagine if from the very beginning, we as a country adopted mask wearing. Imagine if the president put one on right away (he's an admitted germaphobe so he should actually find relief). This entire mask issue would not have become politicized. How many lives do you think would have been saved had everybody worn face coverings? Look no further than to Japan, S. Korea, and China.

I know masks aren't the end-all be-all, but imagine if they were able to disrupt a few key infections here and there. Perhaps entire communities would have been spared. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but I've been preaching masks from the beginning of time. Now even Wichita, Ks. has made mask wearing law. Why did it take so much time for "us" to understand. Look to the Commander in Chief for that answer.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/06/polit...rus/index.html

"With the masks, it is going to be really a voluntary thing," the President said. "You can do it. You don't have to do it. I am choosing not to do it."
                            Regretful.

T

Comment

• So far this week.....

We are going to end up with a week where the total dying will be about 25% of our total.

We lost one below 20 this week, one in their 20's, one in their 30's and one in their 50's. The victims are getting younger, which should be no surprise.

Kudos to the mayor of Houston for cancelling the state Republican convention:
                              https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/08/u...ntion-gop.html

Houston is the leading Texas coronavirus hot spot. My advice to the Republicans is if you don't want to wear your masks, stay at home - have your convention in Abilene, Lubbock, Amarillo, Slaton or Big Spring. I'm sure those communities will welcome you and you won't have to wear your masks.

What I found especially ironic about the cancelling of the convention is that most state-wide elected officials were planning on appearing by video feeds, including the governor. What, are they chicken? Or practical? You decide.

Comment

• Hospitalizations in Sedgwick County are escalating to the point that I am going to limit family outings to essentials. I'm also going to have employees work full time from home until I see those numbers stabilize. ICU beds in use dipped from 15 down to 10 out of 35 available -- so that's good -- but with hospitalization numbers increasing that number is likely to go back up. I'd hate to see a nursing home or two get hit in the near future.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X