Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

A slow boil is the ideal when you're dealing with a pandemic as you know. You hope to keep everything at a "slow boil" until therapies and vaccines are instituted. Massive testing, contact tracing, and limitations of community gathering (the "new normal") is a society's only hope. Like Michael Jordan, it can't be stopped, it can only hope to be contained.

T

When you have slow expansion, then the following is happening:

1. Inadequately testing (when your test % is ~1% then you know you are adequately testing). Colorado has 4.5% positive rate (3 day avg).

2. You not doing the contact tracing that is needed

Which means your prerequisite for containing is not even being met.

All you have to look at Texas, Florida and Georgia for the pattern. They had all slow expansion, never testing enough, never getting a handle on it spread, pretending they had it contained when all the metric are telling you is wasn't and then at some point it will explode on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      Bout time someone called him out. He's been skating by with little to no criticism. If I were wrong as much as he has been in my job, I would have been canned.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...es/5439374002/

Dr. Anthony Fauci has a good bedside manner with the public, but he has been wrong about everything I have interacted with him on.

In late January, when I was making the case on behalf of the president to take down the flights from China, Fauci fought against the president’s courageous decision — which might well have saved hundreds of thousands of American lives.

When I warned in late January in a memo of a possibly deadly pandemic, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases was telling the news media not to worry.

When I was working feverishly on behalf of the president in February to help engineer the fastest industrial mobilization of the health care sector in our history, Fauci was still telling the public the China virus was low risk.

When we were building new mask capacity in record time, Fauci was flip-flopping on the use of masks.
      The CDC down thru the state and local health departments failed this nation. They still struggle to get a consistent narrative and they have flipped flopped so many times nobody can trust them.

Comment

• The coronavirus surge could be controlled in 4-6 weeks if people wore masks, CDC says. Florida surpasses 300,000 cases. Latest news.

The coronavirus outbreak surging across the nation could be controlled in 4-6 weeks if people were disciplined about wearing masks, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says.
        I 100% concur Dr. Redfield!

Just look at the Asian nations for comparison.

T

Comment

Bout time someone called him out. He's been skating by with little to no criticism. If I were wrong as much as he has been in my job, I would have been canned.

Dr. Anthony Fauci has a good bedside manner with the public, but he has been wrong about everything I have interacted with him on.

In late January, when I was making the case on behalf of the president to take down the flights from China, Fauci fought against the president’s courageous decision — which might well have saved hundreds of thousands of American lives.

When I warned in late January in a memo of a possibly deadly pandemic, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases was telling the news media not to worry.

When I was working feverishly on behalf of the president in February to help engineer the fastest industrial mobilization of the health care sector in our history, Fauci was still telling the public the China virus was low risk.

When we were building new mask capacity in record time, Fauci was flip-flopping on the use of masks.
          *crickets*
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

https://www.foxnews.com/us/tennessee...ve-nearly-dies

Chalk this one up in the old "did not die column"!!!11111

42 year old healthy doctor.

This Coronavirus is a left-wing hoax.

"99% of Coronavirus cases are totally harmless" - DJT 7/5/20

T

When the mainstream media picks and chooses which stories to tell, you're left feeling like those are the things that are happening everywhere. When you're only getting fed ALL of the worst case scenarios, you suddenly think every person infected goes through this scenario or that it's everywhere. You certainly don't hear about the 99% of coronavirus cases that result in mild symptoms and no treatment. Once again, nobody is debating that the disease doesn't exist. You can extremely blanket everybody that doesn't agree with you (which is most in this forum) with this ideology all you want, but it just makes you look like a lefty with the capacity of a 3 year old, closing their ears with their hands and yelling "lalalalalalalalalalalalalala".
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

When the mainstream media picks and chooses which stories to tell, you're left feeling like those are the things that are happening everywhere. When you're only getting fed ALL of the worst case scenarios, you suddenly think every person infected goes through this scenario or that it's everywhere. You certainly don't hear about the 99% of coronavirus cases that result in mild symptoms and no treatment. Once again, nobody is debating that the disease doesn't exist. You can extremely blanket everybody that doesn't agree with you (which is most in this forum) with this ideology all you want, but it just makes you look like a lefty with the capacity of a 3 year old, closing their ears with their hands and yelling "lalalalalalalalalalalalalala".
              You mean like this? This is exactly how I picture it:

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Here are more examples of things that are not brought up by the media. This is from an opinion piece by Adriana Cohen. The comparisons of mortality stats for young people that are of Covid and compared with other infections that we never think about is what jumped out at me.

OPINION
                Published May 9Adriana Cohen: In coronavirus aftermath we can't let our education system be destroyed by fear

By Adriana Cohen | Creators Syndicate

Going to school is a core function of a civilized society. Yet, due to the coronavirus pandemic that spurred nationwide lockdowns in March, American schools closed their doors. Since then, most of our nation's 57 million children in grades K-12 have been isolated at home, cut off from face-to-face human contact, friends, sports, school activities and normal life.

This cruel and unusual punishment cannot continue indefinitely, especially since it's well-known that the coronavirus mostly affects the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions -- not children.

So though the main reason for justifying the mass closure of America's schools is to protect children, our kids are not a high-risk group. Does that warrant this radical upheaval to their lives? Does that warrant the impact on millions of parents nationwide who can't pay their bills and feed their families because they can't go to work with children at home?

JASON CHAFFETZ: CORONAVIRUS AND NATIONAL PARKS — TIME TO OPEN THEM UP

According to the Centers for Disease Control, 10 children in the U.S. between ages 0-14 have died from COVID-19 as of May 6. As tragic as that is, for comparison, 107 kids in the same age group have died this year from pneumonia and 85 from the flu. But we would never close schools for those deadly diseases.

For the 15-24 age bracket, 48 died in the U.S. from COVID-19 as of May 6, while 143 have died in the same age range of pneumonia and 41 from the flu. Similarly, our nation doesn't close down colleges and universities for those non-COVID cases.

Parents ought to remember that when school and/or government officials inevitably succumb to teachers unions laundry list of demands come September, which could result in continued school closures, subjecting millions of youth to more unhealthy isolation and subpar online learning.

More from Opinion

No parent should accept this as "the new normal." The data we have at this time simply doesn't warrant it. Of course, the pandemic is a fluid situation and things could change for better or worse in the coming months.

Some have concerns that if kids go back to school they could transmit COVID-19 to teachers or other adults; however, it's simply a guessing game how transmissible it is between these populations. The speculation varies depending on who you ask. But we do know kids can be carriers and transmitters of influenza --another contagious virus that kills thousands each year -- and again, we don't close schools because of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Here are more examples of things that are not brought up by the media. This is from an opinion piece by Adriana Cohen. The comparisons of mortality stats for young people that are of Covid and compared with other infections that we never think about is what jumped out at me.

OPINION
                  Published May 9Adriana Cohen: In coronavirus aftermath we can't let our education system be destroyed by fear

By Adriana Cohen | Creators Syndicate

Going to school is a core function of a civilized society. Yet, due to the coronavirus pandemic that spurred nationwide lockdowns in March, American schools closed their doors. Since then, most of our nation's 57 million children in grades K-12 have been isolated at home, cut off from face-to-face human contact, friends, sports, school activities and normal life.

This cruel and unusual punishment cannot continue indefinitely, especially since it's well-known that the coronavirus mostly affects the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions -- not children.

So though the main reason for justifying the mass closure of America's schools is to protect children, our kids are not a high-risk group. Does that warrant this radical upheaval to their lives? Does that warrant the impact on millions of parents nationwide who can't pay their bills and feed their families because they can't go to work with children at home?

JASON CHAFFETZ: CORONAVIRUS AND NATIONAL PARKS — TIME TO OPEN THEM UP

According to the Centers for Disease Control, 10 children in the U.S. between ages 0-14 have died from COVID-19 as of May 6. As tragic as that is, for comparison, 107 kids in the same age group have died this year from pneumonia and 85 from the flu. But we would never close schools for those deadly diseases.

For the 15-24 age bracket, 48 died in the U.S. from COVID-19 as of May 6, while 143 have died in the same age range of pneumonia and 41 from the flu. Similarly, our nation doesn't close down colleges and universities for those non-COVID cases.

Parents ought to remember that when school and/or government officials inevitably succumb to teachers unions laundry list of demands come September, which could result in continued school closures, subjecting millions of youth to more unhealthy isolation and subpar online learning.

More from Opinion

No parent should accept this as "the new normal." The data we have at this time simply doesn't warrant it. Of course, the pandemic is a fluid situation and things could change for better or worse in the coming months.

Some have concerns that if kids go back to school they could transmit COVID-19 to teachers or other adults; however, it's simply a guessing game how transmissible it is between these populations. The speculation varies depending on who you ask. But we do know kids can be carriers and transmitters of influenza --another contagious virus that kills thousands each year -- and again, we don't close schools because of it.
                  Spot on and bravo to her for calling this to light. You would absolutely NEVER hear this being reported broadly. It's a damn disgrace.

Comment

• https://www.foxnews.com/health/coron...wear-face-mask

Coronavirus kills Ohio Army vet who refused to wear face mask

The Ohio man was 37 years old
                    The coronavirus has claimed the life of an Ohio Army veteran who said before his death on Facebook that he refused to wear a face mask.

Richard Rose III, 37, of Port Clinton, died on July 4 of complications related to the novel coronavirus, according to an online obituary.

His death comes after his April 28 post where Rose said he refused to purchase a face mask amid the pandemic despite expert recommendations to do so.

“Let [me] make this clear,” Rose wrote. “I’m not buying a f—ing mask. I’ve made it this far by not buying into that damn hype.”

Thousands have since commented on and shared the post, with some people appearing to mock the man’s decision to not wear a mask.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...or-coronavirus

Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt (R ) announced Wednesday that he has tested positive for COVID-19.

The governor made the announcement during a press conference, according to a local ABC affiliate is reporting. His test came out positive Tuesday afternoon.

Stitt, 48, said he believes he is the first governor in the nation to test positive for the virus. In March, one of his Cabinet members, David Ostrowe, tested positive.
                    Stitt's diagnosis is particularly notable, as he has not only pushed to aggressively reopen his state despite a surge in cases but has at times disregarded advice from medical experts. In March, he faced backlash for posting a photo of himself and his children at a crowded restaurant, which he later deleted.
                    Stitt, who said he was working with contact tracers, led a Commissioners of the Land Office meeting Tuesday morning and did not have a mask over his face, according to Oklahoma Watch.

Stitt advocated for President Trump’s in-person campaign rally in Tulsa last month. He attended the rally himself and was seen in images of the event not wearing a face mask.
                    When asked at Wednesday's press conference if he regretted not wearing a mask often, Stitt said: "I don't really second-guess anything.”
                    In for a penny...

That's a true leader right there! Bravado is what will lead us past this deadly pandemic and back into normalcy. It ain't there cuz I say it ain't!!!!!!!!!1111111

While nobody would ever wish ill will on their fellow man... these two stories are quite poetic.

Get well soon Gubanor so you can tell everybody how harmless this virus is lol... I can predict future Covidiot behavior with alarming accuracy.

T

Comment

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coron...wear-face-mask

In for a penny...

That's a true leader right there! Bravado is what will lead us past this deadly pandemic and back into normalcy. It ain't there cuz I say it ain't!!!!!!!!!1111111

While nobody would ever wish ill will on their fellow man... these two stories are quite poetic.

Get well soon Gubanor so you can tell everybody how harmless this virus is lol... I can predict future Covidiot behavior with alarming accuracy.

T

Comment

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...-trade-adviser

White House Disavows Atack On Fauci From Trump Trade Advisor
                        In his op-ed, Navarro, who has no medical training, ticked through a series of matters on which he disagreed with Fauci, including the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine to treat the coronavirus. The National Institutes of Health and the Food and Drug Administration have said the malaria drug is unlikely to be effective.

Navarro's list of issues was similar to a list that The Washington Post reported it received from the White House to explain why Trump recently said Fauci "is a nice man, but he's made a lot of mistakes." Trump has said he likes Fauci personally but disagrees with him on some things.

On Monday, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany insisted that "it couldn't be further from the truth" that the White House was dropping opposition research on Fauci.

Two White House officials who declined to be named insisted Navarro "went rogue" and didn't clear his editorial with the White House communications team. On the record, communications director Alyssa Farah tweeted that the White House doesn't stand by Navarro's editorial, which represents "the opinion of Peter alone."
                        You guys are losing your already tenuous grasp on reality. I would advise you both sit the next couple plays out...

T

Comment

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...-trade-adviser

You guys are losing your already tenuous grasp on reality. I would advise you both sit the next couple plays out...

T

Sounds like somebody knows they have no real information to address the issues...

Comment

• https://www.foxnews.com/us/dallas-po...virus-recovery

Dallas police officer beats coronavirus after more than 100 days in hospital: 'I proved a lot of people wrong'
                            He never gave up the coronavirus fight – and has emerged victorious.

A Dallas Independent School District sergeant has walked out of a hospital this week after spending more than 100 days battling the coronavirus – 30 of which were spent in a coma, KDFW reports.

“I’m here. I proved a lot of people wrong,” Sgt. Vince Remediz told the station Tuesday. “You can beat this thing. Took me 100 days to do it.”
                            But he also has a message for the public.

“They should take it seriously. Don’t think it’s a joke. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy,” Remediz told KDFW. “You never know what to expect and what you're going to go through. The only thing I can tell people is please wear your mask.”
                            I'm right there with ya officer! Spread the word and let's stop this insidious virus together!

P.S. May as well chalk this one up also in the old "did not die column"!!!11111

Coronavirus is a joke!

"99% of Coronavirus cases are totally harmless" - DJT 7/5/20

T

Comment

• From the opinion piece:

The bolded portion is the problem. There isn't great data on either side of this debate to make a firm, confident decision, so our school systems have to consider that re-opening the schools may increase the spread and ultimately endanger teachers, their families or families of the students.

That said, from my own research of completed studies, they lean toward the notion that kids under 16 are both less likely to contract the virus and less likely to transmit it. But it's a small study of 40 Swiss kids who had tested positive back in April. There is a more comprehensive study on this underway commissioned by the NIH but it will be awhile before it's completed.

If that data is accurate (and the confidence is low given the small sample size), and we consider that teachers themselves aren't at great risk, especially of dying since a great majority are under 65, re-opening the schools isn't out of the question. But it has to be done with precautionary measure in place.

It's frustrating to me that there is no space for reasonable, nuanced positions, and that some use mortality as a litmus test, ignoring the potential long-term effects even after recovery.

For the record, I'm for wearing a mask as one way to assist in reducing the rate of transmission - even if it's only 10% - so that we can continue to operate the country as openly as possible until the threat is minimized. I know wearing a mask won't protect me. That isn't the issue and never was. I also feel that it's my Christian duty (which, IMO, overrides how I feel about whether it infringes on my liberties) to protect my brothers and sister in Christ and all God's children. Wearing a mask in indoor, publicly accessible spaces in combination with adequate distancing is a small sacrifice toward that end.

Comment

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coron...wear-face-mask

In for a penny...

T

I thought masks were primarily used to help keep infected people from passing it on, not the other way around? Or am I misremembering information? Or did it change again?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X