Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

    I just wanna say that New York is fishy.

    On April 25th they reported 16,599 deaths. However if you go to CDC death predictions that WuDrWu posted earlier, and drill into New York and start adding up excess deaths from the time they have excess deaths through April 25th, you get 9,944. Right about 60% of what New York is saying happened. It's possible an additional 6,600 people died of coronavirus instead of something else -- but if so, that many were going to die in the same time frame.

    Something isn't adding up.
    Not posting this to be ha-ha funny, but it is thought provoking...

    politics elizabeth warren Memes & GIFs - Imgflip
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

    Comment


    • "Following new CDC guidelines: "As of April 14, 2020, CDC case counts and death counts include both confirmed and probable cases and deaths. This change was made to reflect an interim COVID-19 position statement issued by the Council for State and Territorial Epidemiologists on April 5, 2020. The position statement included a case definition and made COVID-19 a nationally notifiable disease."

      The jump and higher number have to do with adding probable cases and deaths to the count.


      "A confirmed case or death is defined by meeting confirmatory laboratory evidence for COVID-19.

      A probable case or death is defined by one of the following:
      • Meeting clinical criteria AND epidemiologic evidence with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID-19
      • Meeting presumptive laboratory evidence AND either clinical criteria OR epidemiologic evidence
      • Meeting vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID19
      "

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jdmee View Post
        A probable case or death is defined by one of the following:
        • Meeting clinical criteria AND epidemiologic evidence with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID-19
        • Meeting presumptive laboratory evidence AND either clinical criteria OR epidemiologic evidence
        • Meeting vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID19
        "
        What does this mean? "Meeting vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID19"
        Auf geht's Shockers, Shieß on tooor!
        Sheiß on tOOOOr ...
        Sheiß on toooOOOOoooor!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          I'm seeing reports out of Washington that are saying 3,000 deaths per day in June. I'm seeing reports out of the CDC that say 500,000 deaths before this is over. I'm aware that everything now is just speculation.

          I have to go grocery shopping about once a week. I'll say this for sure. I'm wearing a mask. Not to protect me - to protect you.

          If you're not wearing a mask, your breath can kill me and my mask won't protect me from that.
          No need to even go inside. Just shop online and have your groceries delivered to your trunk.


          T


          ...

          Comment


          • https://www.foxnews.com/science/new-...ing-study-says

            A mutation in the novel coronavirus mirrors a change that occurred in the genetically similar SARS virus in 2003 — indicating that the bug might be weakening, researchers announced in a newly published study.

            Lead study author Dr. Efren Lim, an assistant professor at Arizona State University’s Biodesign Institute, and his team use a new technology called next-generation sequencing to rapidly read the genetic code of the coronavirus, referred to scientists as SARS-CoV-2.

            That technology helps researchers to determine how the virus is spreading, mutating and adapting over time.

            Out of the 382 nasal swab samples the researchers examined from coronavirus patients in the state, a single sample was missing a significant chunk of its genome. Eighty-one of the letters were permanently deleted, according to the new study published in the Journal of Virology.

            “One of the reasons why this mutation is of interest is because it mirrors a large deletion that arose in the 2003 SARS outbreak,” Lim said in a statement.
            This is the kind of natural gift that we can use... a friendly mutation.


            T


            ...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

              I just wanna say that New York is fishy.

              On April 25th they reported 16,599 deaths. However if you go to CDC death predictions that WuDrWu posted earlier, and drill into New York and start adding up excess deaths from the time they have excess deaths through April 25th, you get 9,944. Right about 60% of what New York is saying happened. It's possible an additional 6,600 people died of coronavirus instead of something else -- but if so, that many were going to die in the same time frame.

              Something isn't adding up.
              I'm fairly certain that the true death total is beyond what is currently being reported. The Covid-19-caused blood clotting and myocarditis issues ER doctors have been witnessing, is no doubt contributory to the massive increase (4x over normal) of 911 calls that occurred during the NYC surge. The "good" news is, our country's numbers are a helluva lot closer to reality than the rest of the world's.

              It's not a conspiracy people..


              T


              ...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                https://www.foxnews.com/science/new-...ing-study-says



                This is the kind of natural gift that we can use... a friendly mutation.


                T


                ...
                I know it’s premature and may mean nothing but I appreciate a positive memo from you in this sea of negativity. Hopefully it pans out. Thanks
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.
                ________________
                "Enjoy the ride."

                - a smart man

                Comment


                • Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                  I'm fairly certain that the true death total is beyond what is currently being reported.
                  Based on what though? The CDC excess cases line up nicely for New Jersey but horribly skewed for New York.

                  It's not a conspiracy, I agree with that. What I think happened is doctors got extremely overwhelmed and simply didn't have time or resources to focus on postmortems while they were focused on saving lives. The easy way to deal with that was blame it on coronavirus and move on to treating living patients.

                  That's my best guess as to what happened to jack up New York's numbers so terribly.
                  Auf geht's Shockers, Shieß on tooor!
                  Sheiß on tOOOOr ...
                  Sheiß on toooOOOOoooor!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

                    What does this mean? "Meeting vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID19"
                    This is from the CDC website.


                    Vital Records Criteria for Reporting
                    A person whose death certificate lists COVID-19 disease or SARS-CoV-2 as a cause of death or a significant condition contributing to death.

                    So it probably means exactly what you just posted. The doctor listed it as a Covid death and moved on.

                    Comment


                    • I heard this story today. A man died of massive heart attack at hospital. Family got the death certificate - cause of death was Covid. They challenge the hospital and ask if they did post-mortem testing? They said no, they just do that for everybody that dies because they get more money if they put down the cause of death as covid.

                      The thing that want me to call BS is it is hard for me to believe that a hospital would admit that to a family. Has anybody heard if there is any part of the money the federal government is paying out is to hospitals for home many covid cases they deal with?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        I heard this story today. A man died of massive heart attack at hospital. Family got the death certificate - cause of death was Covid. They challenge the hospital and ask if they did post-mortem testing? They said no, they just do that for everybody that dies because they get more money if they put down the cause of death as covid.

                        The thing that want me to call BS is it is hard for me to believe that a hospital would admit that to a family. Has anybody heard if there is any part of the money the federal government is paying out is to hospitals for home many covid cases they deal with?
                        I’ve heard that funding is tied to Covid treatment. I can’t say whether that is true or not. I too agree that anyone with any authority on the subject at the hospital would not make that statement to the family.
                        Livin the dream

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          I heard this story today. A man died of massive heart attack at hospital. Family got the death certificate - cause of death was Covid. They challenge the hospital and ask if they did post-mortem testing? They said no, they just do that for everybody that dies because they get more money if they put down the cause of death as covid.

                          The thing that want me to call BS is it is hard for me to believe that a hospital would admit that to a family. Has anybody heard if there is any part of the money the federal government is paying out is to hospitals for home many covid cases they deal with?
                          Looked it up...Medicare reimbursement rates are higher for treatment of patients with Covid. There’s currently no evidence of fraud, but with the occasional subjective claim like above and the only requirement for “counting” the case being that it is written on the record, there are sure to be some unscrupulous individuals out there.
                          Livin the dream

                          Comment


                          • Got any links or sources, other than "I heard" about listing heart attack or other non-CV deaths as CV deaths? I'd be interested in that info, but I'm not going to accept "I heard" as evidence of fact.

                            In less than 2 months CV deaths in Kansas have surpassed the 8-month count of flu deaths.

                            https://www.kansas.com/news/coronavi...l#adnrb=900000
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              Got any links or sources, other than "I heard" about listing heart attack or other non-CV deaths as CV deaths? I'd be interested in that info, but I'm not going to accept "I heard" as evidence of fact.

                              In less than 2 months CV deaths in Kansas have surpassed the 8-month count of flu deaths.

                              https://www.kansas.com/news/coronavi...l#adnrb=900000
                              What are you looking for? I believe all you will find is subjective claims that are worthy of scrutiny. What else would there be? A doctor or hospital CEO announcing that they are defrauding Medicare?
                              Livin the dream

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                In less than 2 months CV deaths in Kansas have surpassed the 8-month count of flu deaths.

                                https://www.kansas.com/news/coronavi...l#adnrb=900000
                                And yet so far Kansas hasn't had a single death above the expected number of deaths going back to February 2018:

                                https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm

                                Auf geht's Shockers, Shieß on tooor!
                                Sheiß on tOOOOr ...
                                Sheiß on toooOOOOoooor!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X