No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictable. Pulitzer Prize-winning site, which debunks bullshit whether left or right, discredited because it doesn't say what Fox News and my Facebook friends told me to believe.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/28/face...oes-viral.html

Is this drug illegal? How many doses are taken worldwide, daily? Why censor it's use in the medical field?

Has it been used for patients who already have this Bat Virus? Did it work?

Is this a political maneuver?
      That was 100% propagandist garbage. I'm actually happy that Twitter, Facebook, YouTube (otherwise known as the Libtard Consortium) banned it. Republicans are making themselves look more and more foolish with each passing day spreading misinformation like this. Who needs the Russians when Don Jr. is dropping infoturds like this amiright?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

The libtard pulse? Indeed you do. Grats bro.
        I have the pulse on reality which intersects both Republicans and Democrats at varying times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
          Predictable. Pulitzer Prize-winning site, which debunks bullshit whether left or right, discredited because it doesn't say what Fox News and my Facebook friends told me to believe.
          Does Pulitzer Prize winning honestly mean anything anymore?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

So you’re developing a vaccine on your own?

You’re not solving anything. You are regurgitating mostly fake news and claiming it as factual while lecturing everyone using the same schtick over and over. Nothing original my man. Hate to burst your bubble.
            I'm doing something better than a vaccine; I'm social distancing and wearing a mask when sharing the indoor airspace of others. This means I'm helping to save lives - Right Now!

I'm regurgitating facts and offering rational risk projections applicable for those who aren't trapped by fear and political bias. You're lucky to have my info regardless of your ability to comprehend/accept it.

You're welcome. :)

Comment

Predictable. Pulitzer Prize-winning site, which debunks bullshit whether left or right, discredited because it doesn't say what Fox News and my Facebook friends told me to believe.
              That site really is bad, regardless of anything said by the doctors.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Does Pulitzer Prize winning honestly mean anything anymore?
                1619 project won one so...
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

You can also argue that the way the video was presented in the first place was a political maneuver. Being led by someone that is a huge supporter of the president and has been pushing this medicine the whole time in order to try to help the president.

Why release a video... that is taken on the supreme court steps? Why not an article so the "doctors" can actually be listed and held accountable for their statements.. so they can be fact checked. For all we know these guys are random off the street people that they put in lab coats.

I'm not a fan of it getting pulled everywhere but it does have a dangerous message. If it was just "this medicine is really helping our patients" then that's one message, but instead it's "this cures it .. don't do any other precautions because if you catch it, you can just take this." No where did they provide the data to back that up. That's a very dangerous message until they provide the research on it.
                  I think the “getting pulled” is the problem. Anything else is debate, and this was a partisan and political message. It should be met with debate rather than being placed in the memory hole.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I think the “getting pulled” is the problem. Anything else is debate, and this was a partisan and political message. It should be met with debate rather than being placed in the memory hole.
                    Exactly! We are subjected to all types of other fear mongering BS by CNN and MSNBC. Why isn't that stuff pulled for being baseless, because much of it is?

Comment

• Hey, y'all. Trump's top "frontline doctor" doesn't have a Pulitzer, but she is a very accomplished preacher who believes in fun things! Too bad she won't be at the RNC convention as a featured speaker! #facepalm

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella...oxychloroquine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJrJ...ature=emb_logo

I'm skeptical about this -- so I'll enter it at Politifact to see what they say about its veracity.
                      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Which is fair and what I mentioned in my post. I think the way it blew up and was getting passed around as if the statements were true is the problem.

They need a better way of labeling these things rather than removing though. Something like "this video contains a coronavirus message that has not been verified by independent researchers and could be politically motivated". Then apply it to all coronavirus videos.

I was going to say it wouldn't apply to "trusted" sources but depending on what side of the debate you are on, trusted will change so might just tag it on all.

Comment

• There’s a problem with labeling things as trustworthy/untrustworthy. Ideas need to be countered with debate. That’s why it’s important not to silence these things. Silencing doesn’t let the ideas get fleshed out. If the ideas are good they will stick. If they are bad they will be pushed to the fringes.

When you ban something, you give them a fairytale to believe in, and facts don’t matter anymore.

Livin the dream

Comment

Hey, y'all. Trump's top "frontline doctor" doesn't have a Pulitzer, but she is a very accomplished preacher who believes in fun things! Too bad she won't be at the RNC convention as a featured speaker! #facepalm

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella...oxychloroquine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJrJ...ature=emb_logo

I'm skeptical about this -- so I'll enter it at Politifact to see what they say about its veracity.
                            Nothing you’ve said in this post makes HCQ any more or less valid as a treatment...but I bet you feel good!
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• A little update. The last two days were really rough. What seemed like a nothing burger got really bad. Yesterday I could have killed myself. My headache got so bad I couldn't see. My fever spiked to 103 and I couldn't sleep at night. I developed sores under my tongue and have a sore throat. The fever broke this morning, thank God! I dont have the strength to do much of anything yet, but I'm much better. I'm probably three days from being good, but that is if I follow the same timeline as my wife. Six of the eight in the house have now gotten through this, I have one son who still has a cough, then me. Oh, my pulse is never dipped below 94. My resting heart rate is in the high 70's though.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                                A little update. The last two days were really rough. What seemed like a nothing burger got really bad. Yesterday I could have killed myself. My headache got so bad I couldn't see. My fever spiked to 103 and I couldn't sleep at night. I developed sores under my tongue and have a sore throat. The fever broke this morning, thank God! I dont have the strength to do much of anything yet, but I'm much better. I'm probably three days from being good, but that is if I follow the same timeline as my wife. Six of the eight in the house have now gotten through this, I have one son who still has a cough, then me. Oh, my pulse is never dipped below 94. My resting heart rate is in the high 70's though.
                                Keep fighting through!
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X