No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there is a medicare loophole that allows hospitals in hard hit areas to be reimbursed substantially for coronavirus deaths, I'd be totally okay with that. I'd much rather be reimbursing hospitals for all the extraordinary measures that they have taken to prepare than to bail out other industries like newspapers and media corps.

In fact, they should get the boosted amount whether they dealt with a coronavirus death or any other type of death -- they earned the money and that would keep the counts clean.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Got any links or sources, other than "I heard" about listing heart attack or other non-CV deaths as CV deaths? I'd be interested in that info, but I'm not going to accept "I heard" as evidence of fact.

In less than 2 months CV deaths in Kansas have surpassed the 8-month count of flu deaths.

https://www.kansas.com/news/coronavi...l#adnrb=900000
      You're not making any sense.

So are you saying flu deaths have been way down the last 2 months?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        I heard this story today. A man died of massive heart attack at hospital. Family got the death certificate - cause of death was Covid. They challenge the hospital and ask if they did post-mortem testing? They said no, they just do that for everybody that dies because they get more money if they put down the cause of death as covid.

The thing that want me to call BS is it is hard for me to believe that a hospital would admit that to a family. Has anybody heard if there is any part of the money the federal government is paying out is to hospitals for home many covid cases they deal with?
        The uninsured are being reimbursed as part of the CARES act. Not to mention the fact ventilators cost a lot to utilize (39,000). One could easily see an incentive.

As far as the cause of death being listed as covid rather than the overlying cause comes straight from the CDC guidelines. No conspiracy there because it's in plain sight. One of the President's top experts themselves said "If someone dies with the virus, we are counting that as a covid death." Even fauci said it would unthinkable to do otherwise. Those facts alone obscure the death totals.

So, no, it wouldn't be bs if a hospital did that, simply because they were instructed to do so.

Comment

• Google researchers: COVID-19 super-spreaders are a big part of the problem

Comment

I heard this story today. A man died of massive heart attack at hospital. Family got the death certificate - cause of death was Covid. They challenge the hospital and ask if they did post-mortem testing? They said no, they just do that for everybody that dies because they get more money if they put down the cause of death as covid.

The thing that want me to call BS is it is hard for me to believe that a hospital would admit that to a family. Has anybody heard if there is any part of the money the federal government is paying out is to hospitals for home many covid cases they deal with?
            We had a LEO die in my community. Only in this set of facts, he was tested for COVID, and was sent home because it was suspected about the time they notified him the next day of his positive test, he had suffered a massive heart attack and was dead.

I don't think a doctor would deliberately fudge a cause of death to get a hospital more money, however, I DO think a hospital administrator would do that to get more money. This scenario was similar to the one Senator Rick Scott got snagged up in when he was running Columbia HCA. They had to pay $840 million in Medicare/Medicaid overcharges back. Scott, who was the CEO, said he was unaware that the practice was occurring.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

The uninsured are being reimbursed as part of the CARES act. Not to mention the fact ventilators cost a lot to utilize (39,000). One could easily see an incentive.

As far as the cause of death being listed as covid rather than the overlying cause comes straight from the CDC guidelines. No conspiracy there because it's in plain sight. One of the President's top experts themselves said "If someone dies with the virus, we are counting that as a covid death." Even fauci said it would unthinkable to do otherwise. Those facts alone obscure the death totals.

So, no, it wouldn't be bs if a hospital did that, simply because they were instructed to do so.

Someone can have an underlying condition of cancer and die from a heart attack and the heart attack would be the cause of death.

These aren't unusual practices. There isn't some massive government conspiracy among local health departments, state governments, and federal governments to dramatically over-inflate the death toll.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

Someone can have an underlying condition of cancer and die from a heart attack and the heart attack would be the cause of death.

These aren't unusual practices. There isn't some massive government conspiracy among local health departments, state governments, and federal governments to dramatically over-inflate the death toll.
                Just because it "might" be overinflated, and there's reason to believe that, doesn't mean it's done so as a conspiracy. Did someone claim there was? Again, the policy is in plain sight: The CDC states regardless of overlying or underlying it's gonna be covid. I cited CDC guidelines, and expert opinions, not uneducated guesses. End of discussion on that point (with me anyway).
                Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 6, 2020, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

We had a LEO die in my community. Only in this set of facts, he was tested for COVID, and was sent home because it was suspected about the time they notified him the next day of his positive test, he had suffered a massive heart attack and was dead.

I don't think a doctor would deliberately fudge a cause of death to get a hospital more money, however, I DO think a hospital administrator would do that to get more money. This scenario was similar to the one Senator Rick Scott got snagged up in when he was running Columbia HCA. They had to pay $840 million in Medicare/Medicaid overcharges back. Scott, who was the CEO, said he was unaware that the practice was occurring.
                  Why are doctors moral arbiters, but administrators are corrupt?
                  Livin the dream

Comment

I agree with the overriding sentiment here, but what if cancer or cancer treatment caused the heart attack? You are left with a choice there. If one pays more, which one do you choose? Really, pneumonia should be a deterministic diagnosis.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Govt.? Not with this President.

Now as far as a genuine conspiracy goes, that would CBS. No?

Comment

• I don't think there is a conspiracy to over inflate or under inflate our numbers. I do think there is a thought that we don't want to hide our numbers and if there is a chance it is a covid death than count it. That might tilt the numbers to be high.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                          I don't think there is a conspiracy to over inflate or under inflate our numbers. I do think there is a thought that we don't want to hide our numbers and if there is a chance it is a covid death than count it. That might tilt the numbers to be high.
                          CBS might differ with that sentiment, for whatever reason...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

CBS might differ with that sentiment, for whatever reason...
                            That’s media propaganda. It’s a whole different thing than if there is government propaganda.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

13k - Medicare & 39k if the patient then goes on a ventilator according to Judy Mikovits in the Plandemic movie. I have no idea if these numbers are accurate or not and hopefully someone could verify but food for thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by t7017s View Post

13k - Medicare & 39k if the patient then goes on a ventilator according to Judy Mikovits in the Plandemic movie. I have no idea if these numbers are accurate or not and hopefully someone could verify but food for thought.
                                Isn't this how medicare works though? They negotiate, or really mandate, a rate they are willing to pay for certain services and illnesses - right? When a medicare patient presents themselves at a hospital and receives COVID-19 treatment that's the rate the hospital bills medicare? In this case, by law, a 20% premium on the base rate charge. Also, the numbers, based on what I've read, are market specific based on a rate set by medicare.

Medicare fraud does happen - especially from current US Senators from Florida. But hospitals getting paid for patients through medicare is literally how the system works!
                                Last edited by wsushox1; May 7, 2020, 03:42 PM.
                                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
                                X