Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

This article has been addressed. And the overwhelming likelihood is that this article is a complete fabrication.

COVID-19 tests, and especially drive through testing sites do not draw blood. Antibodies can only be detected through blood tests. Widespread antibody testing is not happening.

I’m sure the article is circling the internet but it’s just not grounded in facts.
    idk.......but Roseland Hospital DOES have a drive-thru testing with blood test

"Roseland Community Hospital is now offering drive-thru COVID-19 testing. . .The testing includes a nasal swab and blood test that determines if someone has contracted COVID-19"

"Dr. Terrill Applewhite, chairman of Roseland’s COVID-19 task force, said testing is greatly needed in the nearby neighborhoods, and the hospital can fill that need by “easily” doing 600 “studies” a day.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/coronav...vid-19-testing
    Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; April 16, 2020, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• 581 new cases in Louisiana, 53 deaths.

the spike in deaths would seem to come from the spike in cases. Hopefully that number will continue to drop as the number of cases has over the next 10 days.

Comment

• First, I hope everyone here is healthy and safe.

It's my opinion the Feds have completely bungled the stimulus. If someone is on UI, they aren't going back to work before July 31. Businesses that rely on entry level or part time workers aren't going to be able to function even if business returns. This economic nightmare is about to get awfully scary imho.

That being said, any evidence of slowing or anti-bodies showing up in any kind of numbers and I'm afraid we're going to have to bite the bullet a bit and open things up and live with the consequences or we're going to have a collapse that will rival 90 years ago, if not worse. Doubling the already insane stimulus, which frankly seems inevitable at this point, is only going to make things worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post

I agree the article is probably fabricated, but I believe the antibodies can be tested for with a simple finger stick much like blood sugar. The article in the Athletic indicated this and said results were ready within a few minutes.
          I hope that's true, but I'm skeptical. I recall Elizabeth Holmes (Theranos) promising a comprehensive blood test from a drop of blood that sounded too good to be true... unfortunately it was.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Iceland had the highest per capita testing to date. The US is third. We test more people in New York everyday than they do in a month in Iceland. Give me a break.
            That not true. U.S. is testing 10,220 per 1M population. That is 42nd in the world.

Some notable with their testing per population

Norway (24,664)
            Israel (21,634)
            Germany (20,629)
            Spain (19,896)
            Italy (19,490)

We are WAY past contact tracing.
            No, we are not. Every place is not NY. Especially in the central plains and midwest the numbers are relatively small and there should be no issue with contact tracing and stopping the spread.

That stopped when the WHO refused to believe that the virus was passed human to human in mid-January.
            The US screwed up when the f-d up their own tests and ended up being a 1-2 months behind on actually being able to test people. That is why this got away.

Comment

• Could be big time news, if it holds up.

There was already an anecdotal study in LA County where people that were intubated came off at an over 50% rate alive - which is considerably higher than the 20% they are seeing in NYC.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• If people start starving because they cannot make money to feed themselves, people in the food supply chain are laid off or cannot get the resources they need, and food banks start running out of supplies; then we have cut off our nose to spite our face. I'm not saying we are there yet, but it's headed that direction.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  First, I hope everyone here is healthy and safe.

It's my opinion the Feds have completely bungled the stimulus. If someone is on UI, they aren't going back to work before July 31. Businesses that rely on entry level or part time workers aren't going to be able to function even if business returns. This economic nightmare is about to get awfully scary imho.

That being said, any evidence of slowing or anti-bodies showing upI don't see in any kind of numbers and I'm afraid we're going to have to bite the bullet a bit and open things up and live with the consequences or we're going to have a collapse that will rival 90 years ago, if not worse. Doubling the already insane stimulus, which frankly seems inevitable at this point, is only going to make things worse.
                  I'm already there. I don't see any other way out of this. People are going to have to take precautions. Things will have to be opened up. If you are at risk, really, really take precautions. I don't know what else can be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    If people start starving because they cannot make money to feed themselves, people in the food supply chain are laid off or cannot get the resources they need, and food banks start running out of supplies; then we have cut off our nose to spite our face. I'm not saying we are there yet, but it's headed that direction.
                    And as people become more desperate, there's a risk of violence breaking out. Suicide could become a problem. Mental illness and other depressions will be an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

And as people become more desperate, there's a risk of violence breaking out. Suicide could become a problem. Mental illness and other depressions will be an issue.
                      Committing a crime will be a free ticket to daily meals, internet, tv, gym, and who knows what other pleasantries.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Committing a crime will be a free ticket to daily meals, internet, tv, gym, and who knows what other pleasantries.
                        You dont get the good internet in jail. Unless the jail has Cox. Rumor has it, you get the good Cox for free in jail.
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

You dont get the good internet in jail. Unless the jail has Cox. Rumor has it, you get the good Cox for free in jail.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You don't get any internet in most jails in Kansas. And what you might have access to is highly restricted. And some of the other pleasantries are not actually that pleasant especially of you are on the receiving end.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

You don't get any internet in most jails in Kansas. And what you might have access to is highly restricted. And some of the other pleasantries are not actually that pleasant especially of you are on the receiving end.
                              Maybe you cant get internet in jail but you can still get the good Cox.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Maybe you cant get internet in jail but you can still get the good Cox.
                                Lol. And then there is the cold Cox when you get hit in face with a sock full of batteries. Personally I would rather starve to death.

Comment

Working...
                                X