Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    You don't think there were different circumstances that happened in Louisiana in the last 2 months that may have skewed some of their numbers?
    Yes, I do.

Comment

• Look like it got into a nursing home down in Clearwater.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
        512 new cases in Louisiana yesterday along with 129 deaths.
        Quite the spike in deaths!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Quite the spike in deaths!
          While unreported cases will definitely bring the overall mortality number down, I think we will see this be the trend.

We had discussed how deaths will lag behind reported cases, and most seemed to believe a week or so would be that lag. It will be interesting to see.

Also, some local questions about people who have gotten over it getting it again. That will be interesting if they truly get documented numbers on that happening.

Comment

While unreported cases will definitely bring the overall mortality number down, I think we will see this be the trend.

We had discussed how deaths will lag behind reported cases, and most seemed to believe a week or so would be that lag. It will be interesting to see.

Also, some local questions about people who have gotten over it getting it again. That will be interesting if they truly get documented numbers on that happening.
            Indeed. I think it could be easily a week+.

There are people just now starting to pass that have been in ICU's for three weeks and intubated for 15 days. Karl-Anthony Towns' mother is a good example. Deaths could be trickling and lagging for quite some time.

I also wonder how many of the "people getting it again" are people that never completely fought it off. You hear stories of people in NYC who have mild symptoms for 10 days to the point they think they've beaten it and then their symptoms suddenly flare up again and get considerably worse.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• That is pretty special

Comment

• One interesting theory that I heard is that some of the workers at the biolab in Wuhan relatively close to the wet market where this was supposed to have originate in would steal some of the animals that had been used in medical experiments and sell them at or into the wet market to pocket a few extra Renminbi to supplement their income instead of cremating them as they were supposed to.

Comment

• Another interesting theory, more of an uproven observation perhaps, suggesting genetics plays a role on where COVID-19 has hit the hardest.

Comment

• Read this a few days ago and decided not to post it; what the heck, changed my mind...

Wake Up America!

https://www.livetradingnews.com/wake...ca-172331.html
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      Look like it got into a nursing home down in Clearwater.
                      Five COVID-19 clusters identified in Sedgwick County

Comment

• Read an interesting article about a NY doctor that was talking about what he has learned about treating COVD-19 patients. When patients came in with very low blood/oxygen levels instead of having them intubated he has found that using additional oxygen via nasal cannula and having the patient in more of an upright position and turning them on a regular basis eliminated the need to untubate many of those patients eliminating the need of a respirator and increased time to monitor those patients.

Comment

• 433 new cases in Louisiana. 90 deaths.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

Indeed. I think it could be easily a week+.

There are people just now starting to pass that have been in ICU's for three weeks and intubated for 15 days. Karl-Anthony Towns' mother is a good example. Deaths could be trickling and lagging for quite some time.

I also wonder how many of the "people getting it again" are people that never completely fought it off. You hear stories of people in NYC who have mild symptoms for 10 days to the point they think they've beaten it and then their symptoms suddenly flare up again and get considerably worse.
                            I am searching for the source, but saw a string of posts saying the average time from from contraction to death is 11.2 days.

We may be getting to a point where we can see and better predict this lag.

Comment

• Abbott Labs announces production of millions of antibody tests

Comment

I am searching for the source, but saw a string of posts saying the average time from from contraction to death is 11.2 days.

We may be getting to a point where we can see and better predict this lag.
                                This says 18 1/2 days.

Coronavirus: How COVID-19 progresses; a day-by-day breakdown of symptoms

Comment

Working...
                                X