No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The trend continues ( and yes, the test used blood)

One third of participants in Massachusetts study tested positive for antibodies linked to coronavirus

https://www.foxnews.com/science/thir...dy-coronavirus

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
      It's been well over 70 days since COVID-19 made it's way to the United States. Does this mean the virus should no longer be spreading and we can go back to our normal lives?
      70 days since case 1 or patient 1 or since it went into full blown community spread?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I’ve heard cases of heart attacks, flu, and pneumonia have gone down fairly significantly in the last couple of months. Is there any coincidence there if true?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Gotta be coincidental

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            I’ve heard cases of heart attacks, flu, and pneumonia have gone down fairly significantly in the last couple of months. Is there any coincidence there if true?
            I have also heard this, but don’t know if it is true. Also, I have heard that the number of deaths in NYC in the last three weeks is way above normal.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• There’s a real uplifting article in the NYT today. Jeez. I don’t want to have smoke blown up my ass but that is a pretty bleak outlook. One would hope a worst case scenario rather than most likely scenario...but I guess we’ll see. Just seems like there’s so much we don’t know that it’s hard to put to much stock in any one prediction.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I have also heard this, but don’t know if it is true. Also, I have heard that the number of deaths in NYC in the last three weeks is way above normal.
                I get it. There’s no question there are more deaths with a new disease like this. All I’m saying is it possible that there may be less actual corona-inflicted deaths and deaths that would’ve occurred anyway even without the virus coming aboard, either by flu, pneumonia, or whatever?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  There’s a real uplifting article in the NYT today. Jeez. I don’t want to have smoke blown up my ass but that is a pretty bleak outlook. One would hope a worst case scenario rather than most likely scenario...but I guess we’ll see. Just seems like there’s so much we don’t know that it’s hard to put to much stock in any one prediction.
                  Ah, the NYT. A pillar of knowledge and good info. Any chance we can get a brief recap on the gist of the article?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Ah, the NYT. A pillar of knowledge and good info. Any chance we can get a brief recap on the gist of the article?
                    Basically the only way out that doesn’t involve millions of deaths is a vaccine and that’s not coming anytime soon if at all. And eventually it will kill millions no matter what.

Comment

Basically the only way out that doesn’t involve millions of deaths is a vaccine and that’s not coming anytime soon if at all. And eventually it will kill millions no matter what.
                      Thanks.

And that's why the NYT is just awesome. Did Cold, by any chance, pen the article?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                        It's been well over 70 days since COVID-19 made it's way to the United States. Does this mean the virus should no longer be spreading and we can go back to our normal lives?
                        The United States is a really big place and each region could have a different start date for obvious reasons.

Consider each state an independent country. For the start date, use the first day when the state has > 10 total reported cases.

Pick a state and try it.

Here is a nice date calculator to help: https://www.calculator.net/date-calculator.html
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

The United States is a really big place and each region could have a different start date for obvious reasons.

Consider each state an independent country. For the start date, use the first day when the state has > 10 total reported cases.

Pick a state and try it.

Here is a nice date calculator to help: https://www.calculator.net/date-calculator.html
                          For Kansas there were 11 cases by March 16. So starting at that point, we have a ways to go to get to 70 days (around May 25).

Comment

Talk about a doom boner.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

There’s a real uplifting article in the NYT today. Jeez. I don’t want to have smoke blown up my ass but that is a pretty bleak outlook. One would hope a worst case scenario rather than most likely scenario...but I guess we’ll see. Just seems like there’s so much we don’t know that it’s hard to put to much stock in any one prediction.
                              Problem is no matter what side of the fence you are on - there is so many badly written articles that are not up to date (some pure lies), or are fear mongering (both ways) that it just becoming ludicrous and you might as well tune the media out.

Look at the data. Look at what other countries that are ahead of us (and you trust). Make decisions as they make sense for you. Take the precautions you need to take for you and your family. This is not andromeda strain.

Comment

• Death rate much lower than thought Stanford Professor says

Stanford University professor of medicine Dr. Jay Bhattacharya told "Tucker Carlson Tonight" Tuesday that he believes the actual death rate from the coronavirus pandemic is "likely orders of magnitude lower than the initial estimates."

Comment

Working...
                                X