Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    that is pretty old story (relative speaking and it relies on data from China.

You can go to different state health departments (just not Kansas - they don’t believe in being transparent) and they publish data that would allow you to get a pretty good understanding of the time frame.

Comment

• 'Lock her up!': Anti-Whitmer coronavirus lockdown protestors swarm Michigan Capitol

Comment

• There has been some rumblings of the Chinese virology lab being the source of the caronavirus for some time. There was a question from a reporter to Trump today at his caronavirus press conference saying that multiple sources are saying that an intern from the lab brought the virus to the wet market and set off a chain of events that put this infectious disease into the public, probably accidentally.

This article from the Washington Post doesn’t bring up that question but does speak to the origins of the virus’s day past evidence of Chinese gov’t. Being at fault.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...coronaviruses/

Comment

• Would highly, highly recommend watching this video attached in this link: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/15/coro...ns-for-us.html
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• An interesting study on COVID-19 antibodies being conducted. 27 of the 30 MLB teams have family, players, and employees participating. Over 10,000 people in all. This may help determine how extensive the virus has become in the country. I hope the results will be available to look at.

“This will be the first time we will be able to see how truly prevalent COVID-19 has spread throughout the United States,” said Bhattacharya. “And instead of it taking years to pull together a study of this scope, especially with stay-at-home orders, MLB has helped us turn it around in a matter of weeks.”

The study, funded by private donors, has nothing to do with determining when to restart MLB games this season, both Bhattacharya and an MLB spokesman confirmed. Rather, it offers a look into the extent and spread of the disease in dozens of different communities in North America, said Daniel Eichner, Ph.D., the president and laboratory director at the Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory (SMRTL).

Go Shocks!

Comment

• Her father's delirium was a first sign of coronavirus. He's not the only one.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                Would highly, highly recommend watching this video attached in this link: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/15/coro...ns-for-us.html
                What’s particularly interesting here? Iceland tested 35000 people in 12 weeks. <1% were infected.

I wasn’t overly impressed with the doctors take that early testing (February) was the key to slowing the disease when more people pass through NYC airports in one week than live on that island...that is far north...and in winter.

What’s the takeaway. Test more? Okay.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                  An interesting study on COVID-19 antibodies being conducted. 27 of the 30 MLB teams have family, players, and employees participating. Over 10,000 people in all. This may help determine how extensive the virus has become in the country. I hope the results will be available to look at.
                  It makes you wonder if testing 10,000 employees that are specifically engaged in high human-to-human contact represent a reasonable cross sample of the country as a whole? It's a good start though.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

What’s particularly interesting here? Iceland tested 35000 people in 12 weeks. <1% were infected.

I wasn’t overly impressed with the doctors take that early testing (February) was the key to slowing the disease when more people pass through NYC airports in one week than live on that island...that is far north...and in winter.

What’s the takeaway. Test more? Okay.
                    That's exactly the takeaway. We are failing at giving people confidence that widespread testing will be available. We have no shot of confidently reopening the economy until then.

We are failing at the very public health measures we invented.

Comment

That's exactly the takeaway. We are failing at giving people confidence that widespread testing will be available. We have no shot of confidently reopening the economy until then.

EXACTLY. And the test should be performed by public health officials (or teams reporting to them).

IMO, virus testing ought to look like final inspection in a factory.....accept/reject.....keep stats.....Fed govt. monitors and dispatches resources to hot spots.

In other words, continuous monitoring of a process.

If we can do that reliably, I'm ready to go back to work!

Comment

• Just a little sidebar in this compelling discussion. If you are quarantined, and you are looking for something to binge, and if Tiger King grabbed you, I have the Netflix doc you MUST binge. Evil Genius. That's right, watch it. I was poking around last night, watched the whole thing. Im not joking, watch it. Marjorie Diehl-Armstrong makes Carole Baskin look like a saint.
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Chicago hospital finds that 30-50 percent of those who want to be tested already have the Covid antibody.

and it’s a huge sample size. They have drive up testing and do 400+ tests per day

https://chicagocitywire.com/stories/...virus-antibody

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                            Chicago hospital finds that 30-50 percent of those who want to be tested already have the Covid antibody.

https://chicagocitywire.com/stories/...virus-antibody
                            This article has been addressed. And the overwhelming likelihood is that this article is a complete fabrication.

COVID-19 tests, and especially drive through testing sites do not draw blood. Antibodies can only be detected through blood tests. Widespread antibody testing is not happening.

I’m sure the article is circling the internet but it’s just not grounded in facts.

Comment

We should test more. That particular video was the least compelling argument I have heard as to why we should do so. The entire country has a smaller population than Wichita.

We are failing at the process we invented? What did we invent? Iceland had the highest per capita testing to date. The US is third. We test more people in New York everyday than they do in a month in Iceland. Give me a break.

Population density has nothing to do with infection. Seriously! Why would I take anything else this guy has to say seriously.

What if tomorrow we tested 30 million healthy people and 300 K were positive. Are we going back to work? What if it was 30 K? Back to work? We are WAY past contact tracing. That stopped when the WHO refused to believe that the virus was passed human to human in mid-January.

Gonna have to reopen the economy with social distancing and masks and have those at low risk tough it out until there’s a vaccine.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

This article has been addressed. And the overwhelming likelihood is that this article is a complete fabrication.

COVID-19 tests, and especially drive through testing sites do not draw blood. Antibodies can only be detected through blood tests. Widespread antibody testing is not happening.

I’m sure the article is circling the internet but it’s just not grounded in facts.
                                I agree the article is probably fabricated, but I believe the antibodies can be tested for with a simple finger stick much like blood sugar. The article in the Athletic indicated this and said results were ready within a few minutes.
                                Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X