Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

I suppose it coulda have been, but I think that's kinda the point? I- like many people- are being dismissed without a test.
    You were denied a flu test when you had the flu?

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

You were denied a flu test when you had the flu?
      I didn’t even know that they had flu tests. I thought it was just a doctor’s opinion. Along those same lines, my lungs certainly never hurt to the degree they did a couple weeks ago. I’ve had the flu, and that didn’t feel like it. Wasn’t nauseous at all...,

All of these facts are making my point more salient, IMO. People are unsure / untested / guessing / misguided.... it’s a bad situation. I pulled everything out of my stocks last month, and I’m feeling very good about that decision. I won’t jump back in until a quarter of this loss is wiped out, and I don’t see that happening for months.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

If the case is that so many more are infected, then the mortality rate shrinks to below flu levels, and we should stop with the quarantine and get back to business as usual.
        When you factor in the number of people who get the flu, but don't get tested and officially counted, the flu's rate also goes down.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

I didn’t even know that they had flu tests. I thought it was just a doctor’s opinion.
          I beg you to please never EVER articulate another opinion on this matter.

Im serious. How are you that ignorant?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Exactly. And honestly there probably is some truth to it. Essentially, this could be another strand of flu going around making it a "more severe flu" season but nothing like the apocalypse.
            Folks get the Flu, and folks get Coronavirus. They are not the same illness, although they have similar symptoms. The only way to tell the difference is through testing.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Exactly. And honestly there probably is some truth to it. Essentially, this could be another strand of flu going around making it a "more severe flu" season but nothing like the apocalypse.
              Coronavirus isn't new. There are many strains of very well known coronavirus. There are many strains of influenza. This isn't a case of them not knowing what coronavirus is, it's a case them never having seen this particular _strain_ (subtype) of coronavirus before.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Kansas public schools (K-12) ordered to stay closed for the remainder of the school year. Parents in shock, kids dancing in the streets. I need more crazy pills. STAT!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

I beg you to please never EVER articulate another opinion on this matter.

Im serious. How are you that ignorant?
                  Wow. That was strong. I didn’t know they had flu tests. Sue me.

Comment

• Sorry guys, I've been away, zooming across the universe battling Coronavirii with my bare, stinkin', hands...

So just thought I would update you all on the reality of the situation:

There are 10's of thousands of cases of the virus in our immediate area - hundreds of thousands in our state. There are of course millions of infections in our country.

Due to the incredible fail that is TestingGate, our nation is going to suffer more than it had to. I don't know who to blame for the testing failure, but if it was Trump calling for testing restrictions in hopes of lowering panic and keeping the market bolstered... he should feel shame.

As of a couple days ago Kansas and Missouri stated that they had only tested a handful of people. I even read on a local news site that there was NO CONFIRMED CASES OF COVID-19 IN SEDGWICK COUNTY!!!!111111ELEVEN. This would explain why the bars were all full, all weekend. Kansas and Missouri are going to suffer some of the worst losses (per capita) in the entire country when this is all said and done.

The masses cannot and will not understand that infectious disease outbreaks are weeks/months ahead of anything they sense, feel, or hear about in the "news". It is because of that fact, everybody (except those in the know) will be blind-sided when the vulnerable hit the shores of the ER's like a tidal wave.

We had a MASSIVE community infection episode last week when every single grocery store's parking lot was full of people trying to "beat the rush". What they actually did on that day is ensure the deaths of many thousands of people.

One influenza infected spreads the virus to 7 others; one Covid-19 infected spreads their gift to 28. This virus is resilient, robust, and could be considered airborne.

Considering massive numbers of infected are silent carriers and the typical incubation period is 2 weeks, I will shout the following in case anybody on this site is still deluded by the local media: IF YOU CONGREGATE WITH OTHERS IN THE SEDGWICK COUNTRY AREA, YOU WILL BE EXPOSED TO THIS VIRUS.

N95 masks aren't the total solution either. This virus enters the eyes easily. If you are caring for a sick relative, you will AT THE VERY LEAST need a properly fitted mask (and know how to take it off without infecting yourself) and EYE PROTECTION. Then of course you will have to wash your hands like an OCD fool, EVERYTIME you touch something that might have touched something that might have touched the infected.

The virus lasts for hours in the air, days on hard surfaces, and sheds (reproduces) for as long as 30 days on symptomatic, or asymptomatic people.

P.S. The "safe distance", if there is one regarding social distancing, is 12-15 ft, not the 6 ft that is commonly spewed.

P.P.S. The worse case scenario for this outbreak in America is 200M infected, and 6-7M dead.

P.P.P.S. The moment this country wakes up and goes on a communistic'esque lockdown is the moment we will see the peak in the outbreak (which will arrive around 3 weeks after people isolate). Until that happens we will either have a massive spike which will overload the hospitals and give us that 6-7M dead figure, or we will just continue to have mini-outbreaks all over the country for the next year to year and a half.

P.P.P.P.S. This outbreak was a big win for the Dims I suspect. It's times like these when a free society is willing to give up their freedoms for a little more security. Of course they regret it later but by then it's too late. People are mostly sheep and will go willingly to the slaughter if you just help them a little bit to be comfortable. I learned that lesson very early in life.

T

Comment

• Um, there is some serious factual misinformation in that post, but you might be just trolling too.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                        P.P.S. The worse case scenario for this outbreak in America is 200M infected, and 6-7M dead.
                        That's not even CLOSE to the worst case scenario.

First of all, in the worst case scenario, all 300,000,000+ Americans get it.

Secondly, we learn that about 90-180 days after recovering from the virus, we learn that it really has just gone dormant and then suddenly manifests itself as a spontaneous explosion in 100% of recovered cases!

That means a 100% death rate for 300,000,000 Americans.

We need to start watching Chinese news for lots and lots of random explosions in T minus 5-10 days.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• For some unknown reason, Cold’s recent ‘masterpiece’ reminded me of this ‘masterpiece’...

They Live

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 1. Testing is limited due to several factors, most importantly the supply of tests and the lab availability to run the tests. Think about the TP hoarding going on now (why I don't know); now, think if each of the paper cores had to be sent into a few labs across the US to be tested. You see the limitations.

2. What you do with results varies. In other words, if you're relatively young and relatively healthy, AND you're sick, STAY HOME IN ISOLATION regardless of what you have. The testing currently is useful when someone needs to be hospitalized and you need to know whether to place them in a ward with hundreds of others or in an isolation room.

Don't belittle your Doctor if they don't test you. It likely means they know their supply of tests, their resources available to run the test and treat, AND your likelihood to need hospital isolation using up all the masks/gowns, etc.

It's a really sad day in this country when the nation's health providers are automatically questioned because of what someone read on the internet. SMH.

Comment

• Oh, yeah; as far as "skewing the numbers", WHO CARES? The folks that need the numbers to make decisions know how to proceed. They'll get the info they need to track the course of this pandemic. That's what's really important. Everyone else seems to want the numbers for some other (mundane) reason.

Comment

• Lastly, and this may shock you: the goal isn't to prevent anyone from getting the disease. That goal is impossible. The goal is to limit the rate of new cases to allow systems to handle the severely ill without displacing other severe medical problems. One of the reasons you don't focus on flu deaths in a typical year is because they happen without delaying your emergency appendectomy.

Comment

Working...
                                X