No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US new daily deaths dropped by half today, and for the first time in over a week, we had less new cases than the day before. Of course, this is just a day's worth of data and could just be a hiccup. Whatever the case, it was a couple of nice stats to see, even for just a day.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Also, the world growth factor tumbled below 1 for the first time in over a week, clocking in at .88, the lowest mark since Feb. 25. Again, dunno if it's just a blip or hopefully we're seeing a turn. Nearly every hotspot country saw reduction in new daily cases today (many for several days now) and also new daily deaths are either flattening or steadily declining. Need more days obviously to see if this is a trend. But again, some great news here.

I wonder if any of these new drug therapies are making a possible difference?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I think New York might have hit an inflection point and they might be starting to taper (unless more uncounted numbers roll in today). That's a very, very early call, but it does look hopeful to me.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Also, the world growth factor tumbled below 1 for the first time in over a week, clocking in at .88, the lowest mark since Feb. 25. Again, dunno if it's just a blip or hopefully we're seeing a turn. Nearly every hotspot country saw reduction in new daily cases today (many for several days now) and also new daily deaths are either flattening or steadily declining. Need more days obviously to see if this is a trend. But again, some great news here.

I wonder if any of these new drug therapies are making a possible difference?
          Mucho testing, mucho isolation and quarantining, mucho sharing of what drugs are working/not working. I think it all adds up.

Comment

• In his announcement today extending the current guidelines through April 30th President Trump stated that his task force's modeling is projecting that the death rate will peak in two weeks. The President said he hope to be well on our way to recovery by June 1st. But only time will tell for sure.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                It does look good. Certainly not the Day over Day % gain we were seeing.

Some good news coming from america's pharma companies today.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Under business as usual conditions, it takes 6 months to 1 year to get an established product to a new market (country). The NIH in the U.K. completely ran out of noradrenalone (norepinephrine) and asked for our stock. We had four lots we were getting ready to scrap because you are federally mandated not to sell drugs if they have less than 6 months of shelf life remaining.

They requested data Thursday night and got it approved on Saturday. The product was delivered by military transport this weekend and is being administered today. Crazy what industry can do with scaled back regulations.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

The problem will be other emerging stares. Florida and Illinois are two to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

The problem will be other emerging stares. Florida and Illinois are two to watch.
                      Yes, but testing is far more prevalent now to help a bit with the emerging hot spots. We're popping out 100,000 tests a day nationally. And I think like only 20,000 of those are attributed to New York, while they are currently 40% of the current case problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        Crazy what industry can do with scaled back regulations.
                        This cannot be stated enough. It is the total difference between South Korea and the United States when it comes down to why we had different initial outcomes. Relying on our government's centralized regulatory systems (the FDA and CDC protocols) was a complete fail, and not until they opened up testing to private industry did we even start to catch up with the beast. South Korea dropped their reliance on central controls like a bad habit and got out of the way of private biotech firms, before the storm even hit.

Comment

Mortality appears to be a lagging indicator at this point.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Yeah New York definitely hit an inflection point. Super good news!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Yeah New York definitely hit an inflection point. Super good news!
                              Data/Source?

I suspect we will be close to, if not over 1,000 COVID deaths per day next week.
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

Data/Source?

I suspect we will be close to, if not over 1,000 COVID deaths per day next week.
                                I'm only looking at reported cases. https://covidtracking.com/data/state/new-york/

Comment

Working...
                                X