Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Cold, nothing you've ever posted has been unbiased.
    I deal in pure facts and best practices with respect to optimum risk/reward pandemic behavior.

I'd like to believe I practice exactly what I preach also. But for the sake of full transparency, I'd say I was slightly more risk averse than necessary during the first year wearing an N95 and avoiding all indoor public settings besides large stores. Once I got vaxxed, I went back to living 90% normally.

Comment

• https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/12/...n-the-pandemic

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coro...-soon/3473230/

Okay... this doesn't look good. NJ talking about hospitalizations will soon break the 2020 record. Cali talking similar.

I'm hoping that this is just about "scared" people seeking Covid tests.

I think the CDC came out not too long ago and said their estimations of the penetration of Omicron is not as high as they originally thought. So perhaps this is Delta filling up wards?

Still a good chance that the spike will be heavy and fast and disappear just as quickly. I base this only on how the wave occurred in South Africa - take that with a grain of salt as we are fatter, older, and have less immunity as a nation than them.

Comment

• Lay off them jelly donuts

Snow Flake.jpg

Comment

• No, really...

https://dailycaller.com/2021/12/30/c...veland-clinic/

“Obesity weakens the immune system, creates a chronic inflammatory state, and increases risk for cardiovascular disease, blood clots, and lung conditions. All of these conditions can complicate COVID-19,” the Clinic said in a press release.

and...

In the sample of 5,053 patients who had weight loss surgery between 2004 and 2017, those who caught COVID-19 had a 49% lower risk of hospitalization, 63% lower risk of needing supplemental oxygen and a 60% lower chance of developing severe COVID-19 compared to the 15,159 control patients who did not have weight loss surgery but had a BMI above 35.

Just a little -ahem- food for thought...

Comment

• I'll probably continue to wear the damn mask and support GermX stock like nobodies business after the 2nd Fauci/Chinese nano-microchip gets injected in my arm next week. I've come this far wearing it so might as well. Hopefully only for a little while longer.

Still wish I could've got that antibody test as I'm about 99.9% sure I had the the dern thing when it first started last year. Worst flu bug I've ever experienced. Don't wanna go through that again. Ugghh.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• So far ICU bed usage hasn't strained hospitals as bad as delta did. This variant will pass through society faster than delta did too. Wouldn't surprise me if we see a small spike for a few weeks. Also wouldn't surprise me if we see no spike at all.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                So far ICU bed usage hasn't strained hospitals as bad as delta did. This variant will pass through society faster than delta did too. Wouldn't surprise me if we see a small spike for a few weeks. Also wouldn't surprise me if we see no spike at all.

Stop with the actual scientific data and get to the real facts via a CNN or MSNBC news article damn it.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                  https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/12/...n-the-pandemic

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coro...-soon/3473230/

Okay... this doesn't look good. NJ talking about hospitalizations will soon break the 2020 record. Cali talking similar.

I'm hoping that this is just about "scared" people seeking Covid tests.

I think the CDC came out not too long ago and said their estimations of the penetration of Omicron is not as high as they originally thought. So perhaps this is Delta filling up wards?

Still a good chance that the spike will be heavy and fast and disappear just as quickly. I base this only on how the wave occurred in South Africa - take that with a grain of salt as we are fatter, older, and have less immunity as a nation than them.
                  I’m confused. I was told natural immunity is a bad thing.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    I'll probably continue to wear the damn mask and support GermX stock like nobodies business after the 2nd Fauci/Chinese nano-microchip gets injected in my arm next week. I've come this far wearing it so might as well. Hopefully only for a little while longer.

Still wish I could've got that antibody test as I'm about 99.9% sure I had the the dern thing when it first started last year. Worst flu bug I've ever experienced. Don't wanna go through that again. Ugghh.
                    KWCH did a story here last week about people trying to get tested before Christmas and they talked to someone at a place called Any Lab Test Now near 21st and Rock. I never had heard of them and so I looked up their web site and it's actually a franchise that's part of a national chain. You can make appointments to get a wide range of tests, including covid testing. The tests aren't cheap and I'm not sure if insurance covers everything or not. Here's the part of their web site listing all the tests they do - https://www.anylabtestnow.com/test-finder/ - and you can search by location to see if there are any locations near you.
                    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I’m confused. I was told natural immunity is a bad thing.
                      Not at all. Any kind of training of your immune system regarding Covid is good. It's natural immunity vs. artificial immunity that likely has you confused. And you're confused because you've been listening to Tucker instead of Dr. Fauci.

Vaccination trains your immune system at nearly zero risk while natural immunity trains your immune system at a variable amount of risk (up to death) based on a near-limitless range of factors. Does natural immunity, on average, give you a broader range of immunity over vaccination? Certainly. Does that have anything to do with the benefits of vaccination before or AFTER infection? Absolutely not.

Antibodies can prevent infection in sufficient amounts. They are your first line of defense. Vaccines GREATLY bolster antibody production in the previously infected as well as never infected.

Comment

• ThanksTed Lasso's Neighbor I saw them on my initial search last month. There seems to be a million of these types of places all over the place these days. Shiesh...who knew. Popping up everywhere. I even saw a couple that were located at a private residence (home). This covid is definitely big-business. Lol
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Ah yes, Clod telling us all how to be parents again, even though he has no children and likely has nobody who wants to procreate with him.

I personally know several families who have had children who have had it and to a tee none of them had more than a sniffle. Just talked to a friend who was a Covid overreactor. Tested positive last week and said it wasn't even as bad as the flu. Somewhere between a cold and the flu. Said he now questions why it is being made such a big deal. I deal in facts from actual medical professionals (not you, not CNN, not Fauci) and from personal experiences. I think logically and can form my own conclusions. Unplug Clod...
                          Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; December 30, 2021, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            Ah yes, Clod telling us all how to be parents again, even though he has no children and likely has nobody who wants to procreate with him.
                            That's not true!

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            I personally know several families who have had children who have had it and to a tee none of them had more than a sniffle. Just talked to a friend who was a Covid overreactor. Tested positive last week and said it wasn't even as bad as the flu. Somewhere between a cold and the flu. Said he now questions why it is being made such a big deal. Unplug Clod...
                            The power of anecdotal evidence and survivorship bias never ceases to amaze. You should call up Dr. Fauci and alert him to your findings.

Hey Kung Wu , that laughing emoji two spots from the left on the bottom doesn't work. I think it's misnamed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              I think logically...
                              Nope.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

That's not true!

The power of anecdotal evidence and survivorship bias never ceases to amaze. You should call up Dr. Fauci and alert him to your findings.

Hey Kung Wu , that laughing emoji two spots from the left on the bottom doesn't work. I think it's misnamed.
                                Are you mad that a first-hand account that 95% of what everyone else experiences didn’t fit the fear-mongering model for you?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X