Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

What blind man doesn't realize is there are highly connected medical people all over the country that are ashamed how the healthcare community has handled and reported the metrics around the pandemic.
    Why I gotta be blind!?!?

You mean like "America's FrOnTLiNe DoCtOrS???

Their mis/disinformation video was banned from the social media world. Their reputations destroyed. Some of those misguided folk were actually pretty decent doctors in their respective fields. But they put their religious and political beliefs ahead of sound medicine and science. Sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Here is an interesting source of information based on a Joe Rogan interview of Dr. Peter McCullough.

Dr. Peter McCullough Conducts Grand Rounds on COVID 19

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...ounds_on_covid _19.html

Dr. McCullough is an Internist/Cardiologist (and trained in epidemiology) of remarkable achievements; he graduated Alpha Omega Alpha from University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and trained at top institutions including the University of Washington, University of Michigan, and William Beaumont Hospital. He is the Editor-in-Chief of Reviews in Cardiovascucular Medicine, and has authored over 650 published studies in the medical literature—an academic and clinical physician who provides care, teaches, does research and reviews other physicians’ research, and has served on federal agency committees overseeing drug and clinical research.

The full interview is 2 hours and 45 minutes so you may need to listen to it in chunks:

https://rumble.com/vqt3p6-jre-1747-d...ccullough.html
      I shared this with Doc last week. Thank you for putting it out there, sir. Not sure what you thought the tone of the guest was, but I felt it was about as apolitical as you could get.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I shared this with Doc last week. Thank you for putting it out there, sir. Not sure what you thought the tone of the guest was, but I felt it was about as apolitical as you could get.
        I have only listened to the first 40 minutes but so far Dr. McCullough seems pretty impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Why I gotta be blind!?!?

Their mis/disinformation video was banned from the social media world. Their reputations destroyed. Some of those misguided folk were actually pretty decent doctors in their respective fields. But they put their religious and political beliefs ahead of sound medicine and science. Sad.
          Getting banned from biased, politically-motivated social media platforms these days means absolutely nothing lol.

When are you gonna try to make an independent point without having to be backed up by any sort of sheepthink?
          Last edited by ShockerFever; December 29, 2021, 02:43 PM.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Getting banned from biased, politically-motivated social media platforms these days means absolutely nothing lol.

When are you gonna try to make independent point without having to be backed up by any sort of sheepthink?
            Cold’s whole shtick is an appeal to authority follows by a no true Scotsman insult. It’s unbeatable if you deny logic.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Cold’s whole shtick is an appeal to authority follows by a no true Scotsman insult. It’s unbeatable if you deny logic.
              Oh I LOVE talking about logical fallacies!

You're correct, there is some "appeal to authority" going on with whom I choose to inform myself on the subject of infectious disease. In the context of issues of medicine, I think that's typical behavior. Learn from the experts, not the radiologists. But I also look for confluence of opinion among unbiased (appearing) doctors and note contradictions/inconsistencies. Dr. Fauci is about as good as there is in that regard.

As far as "No True Scotsman" fallacy... nope. Give me one example where I have excluded questionable behavior from anyone in order to maintain an ideal/perfect image? Fauci? Please. He's just that good. And don't start posting the ****ing Fauci at a baseball game with his mask pulled down bullshit.
              Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; December 29, 2021, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

When are you gonna try to make an independent point without having to be backed up by any sort of sheepthink?
                The point was, I'm glad it was banned. The whole group ought to have their licenses suspended for malpractice.

Comment

Why I gotta be blind!?!?

Your cheese is off your cracker once again. You often talk of "misinformation, misguided" as it pertains to people who think differently than you. Maybe you should be a self-proclaimed expert in preferred behavioral styles, how to critically think, make decisions and solve problems. This works on the principle of axiology. You might find this rabbit hole even more curious and entertaining than the platform you currently hold on to which has been an epic fail. Again, your boy said "I will shut down the virus." Go be the hero to poke holes in that strategy. Is the virus shut down? No. Did he say this numerous times after Trump left office? Yes. Come on Cold...be our hero. Describe to us why Sleepy Head said this and why hasn't he shut it down. We are waiting.

Comment

• deleted message as it had been addressed and I failed to realize how many posts popped up since that of which I was responding.

Good day.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Your cheese is off your cracker once again. You often talk of "misinformation, misguided" as it pertains to people who think differently than you. Maybe you should be a self-proclaimed expert in preferred behavioral styles, how to critically think, make decisions and solve problems. This works on the principle of axiology. You might find this rabbit hole even more curious and entertaining than the platform you currently hold on to which has been an epic fail. Again, your boy said "I will shut down the virus." Go be the hero to poke holes in that strategy. Is the virus shut down? No. Did he say this numerous times after Trump left office? Yes. Come on Cold...be our hero. Describe to us why Sleepy Head said this and why hasn't he shut it down. We are waiting.
                      I'm not really into politics. I could care less about Biden's proclamations on "shutting down the virus". I care only about his decisions/governance regarding said virus. So far he's done the best he could do with what he was dealt. He has ZERO responsibility (within reason) on the path of the pandemic since he took office. If you know anything about pandemics, you'll understand/agree with what I just said. Furthermore, as I've already stated, he turned over mitigation responsibility to the best ID doctors in the world the moment he stepped into the oval office. That's the best/easiest decision any non-expert could do.

Please make your point sir, I'm glad to respond. Don't muddle it with bleatings of the indoctrinated. Come at me with honest, logical inquiry and I will attempt to bridge the gap. Rejoice in the fact that you have full access to a mind you will rarely encounter. But don't default to attacking what you fear (truth) or cannot understand (me). Approach the bench with an open heart and lets break intellectual bread under a new covenant of cooperation.

Comment

I'm not really into politics. I could care less about Biden's proclamations on "shutting down the virus". I care only about his decisions/governance regarding said virus. So far he's done the best he could do with what he was dealt. He has ZERO responsibility (within reason) on the path of the pandemic since he took office. If you know anything about pandemics, you'll understand/agree with what I just said. Furthermore, as I've already stated, he turned over mitigation responsibility to the best ID doctors in the world the moment he stepped into the oval office. That's the best/easiest decision any non-expert could do.

Please make your point sir, I'm glad to respond. Don't muddle it with bleatings of the indoctrinated. Come at me with honest, logical inquiry and I will attempt to bridge the gap. Rejoice in the fact that you have full access to a mind you will rarely encounter. But don't default to attacking what you fear (truth) or cannot understand (me). Approach the bench with an open heart and lets break intellectual bread under a new covenant of cooperation.

My senses tell me it is impossible to have a value-based conversation with an individual who self-proclaims superiority, when his ability to critically think, make decisions and problem solve are in question because of self-biases to the contrary. I will take a chapter out of your book ole buddy...I have the likes of you for lunch each day evaluating the quality of their emotional intelligence. It takes above average self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management to have a balanced discussion about anything relevant. The tools to measure your EQ is readily available, but one must be vulnerable to gather any value from the exercise. Your a guppy in a sea of sharks my friend, but please continue to amuse us with your entertaining pandering. It is quite funny and goes well with the popcorn.

Comment

My senses tell me it is impossible to have a value-based conversation with an individual who self-proclaims superiority, when his ability to critically think, make decisions and problem solve are in question because of self-biases to the contrary. I will take a chapter out of your book ole buddy...I have the likes of you for lunch each day evaluating the quality of their emotional intelligence. It takes above average self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management to have a balanced discussion about anything relevant. The tools to measure your EQ is readily available, but one must be vulnerable to gather any value from the exercise. Your a guppy in a sea of sharks my friend, but please continue to amuse us with your entertaining pandering. It is quite funny and goes well with the popcorn.
                          So no honest inquiry then? (Which is the first step in the process of evaluation) Fair enough. Back to your popcorn.

Comment

• Biden’s record on Covid shows how preposterous the over-the-top critiques of Trump were.

Comment

Oh I LOVE talking about logical fallacies!

You're correct, there is some "appeal to authority" going on with whom I choose to inform myself on the subject of infectious disease. In the context of issues of medicine, I think that's typical behavior. Learn from the experts, not the radiologists. But I also look for confluence of opinion among unbiased (appearing) doctors and note contradictions/inconsistencies. Dr. Fauci is about as good as there is in that regard.

As far as "No True Scotsman" fallacy... nope. Give me one example where I have excluded questionable behavior from anyone in order to maintain an ideal/perfect image? Fauci? Please. He's just that good. And don't start posting the ****ing Fauci at a baseball game with his mask pulled down bullshit.
                              You don’t understand the no true Scotsman fallacy do you?
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Nailed it!
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X